My Seedstockers Outdoor Grow Comp 2022 Diary

Pepe Ramon

Just now, B-real said:

Still waiting too hear .

Wink wink nudge nudge lol.

God noes i found another spot never used b4 so will be intresting cut a nice clearing just got to hump soil/manure mix not looking forward to that bit lol.

4 spots this year all out broskie

Get in sunshine.. please to hear you have expended your hunger ;)

What's going in the pot B?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Revive said:

Get in sunshine.. please to hear you have expended your hunger ;)

What's going in the pot B?

Fuk noes if another seed gets sent then ill see but currently probz the gelato 41 i think he sent.

Just now, B-real said:

Fuk noes if another seed gets sent then ill see but currently probz the gelato 41 i think he sent.

Didn't you get 3 diff strains sent to ya like others?

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Revive said:

Good luck @Arbre Medicinal

Can't comment on what I think is best for you as im no auto expert and have no understanding of your climate as your outside the UK..if the last frost has been and gone and the ground has warmed up with plenty of daily sunshine then your good to go.. stress free autos is what we want right?

Hope it goes well for you buddy what ever you choose to do :yinyang:

The last frost has indeed gone, the ground is warming up quickly, I have seedlings coming up all over the place at my plot.

Thank you everyone who has posted and I wish you guys all the best with your forthcoming grows, UK420 is a great place when folks are positive. 

I put the seeds into pots yesterday, they had been soaking for roughly 24hrs and two were already splitting. They spent yesterday afternoon warming up in the sunshine by our patio doors and last night, in a heated propagator. 

Some pictures...

large.IMG_3602.jpglarge.IMG_3603.jpglarge.IMG_3773_jpg.jpg

I mulched the pots and the bed with trimmings from last years crop and there are seeds sprouting in a few places, they have also had horse manure and Bokashi compost added and I have also put worms into each pot. 

large.IMG_3626.jpglarge.IMG_3627.jpglarge.857DE63F-D9A3-4359-A15C-D9EBFFEBE2B9.jpglarge.AA9366F9-288A-4D84-9C00-0D557D8F1CC1.jpg

I would say from these images that the ground is warm enough, wouldn't you?

Plants in their pots by the window, yes I have snowflake pots but they are the only ones I could get locally. :mellow:

large.IMG_3776.jpg

Anyway, I hope everybody's grow goes well for them, and all the best to everybody taking part in the competition.

large.IMG_3560-2.jpg

Edited by Arbre Medicinal
  • Like 11

On 21/03/2022 at 9:26 PM, Revive said:

Didn't you get 3 diff strains sent to ya like others?

Yes but he may want a diff strain tested when or if he chooses me and sends the 420l pot. But yh if no other seess are sent then the gelato 41 will be the chosen 1 . Might try and train it like exile at home but use the mrs new garden green house along with the pot noodle auto blackberry gum with loght dep im gunna try aswell .

18 minutes ago, B-real said:

Yes but he may want a diff strain tested when or if he chooses me and sends the 420l pot. But yh if no other seess are sent then the gelato 41 will be the chosen 1 . Might try and train it like exile at home but use the mrs new garden green house along with the pot noodle auto blackberry gum with loght dep im gunna try aswell .

Aving it :punk:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B-real said:

We will be picking a stain to grow in the 420l pots mate. Which we will provide  ;)

Kind regards  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

I've decided to invest in a bulb. So I bought an 80 watt LED and I've hung it up in a photo box thingy that I have. It's designed to be used as a mini studio but it'll work well for this me thinks.

large.IMG_3788.jpglarge.IMG_3789.jpglarge.IMG_3790.jpglarge.IMG_3785.jpg

5 of the seedlings are now showing above the surface, I took these yesterday afternoon. The humidity is poor but it's something we have to live with, after living in moist Wales most of my life, I'm amazed how dry it is here in Spain.

• Like 8

11 days old. The non-runner is one of the CBD Critical XXL. I have been putting them out into the sunshine, when we have some sunshine, then back into the tent in the evenings to extend the total hours of light to 20. They are starting to show roots at the bottoms of the pots, but I am going to keep them like this for another week as there is a cold snap forecast for the weekend. So hopefully they will be outside around this time next week.

large.IMG_3802.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update, I made a slight error and failed to water on time and as a result a couple of the plants have suffered a little. But with a little water they seem to have bounced back, they will be planted outside, into their final pots later today.

I always seem to make errors when attempting to grow autos, hopefully there will be no long term detrimental effects. Then again, this is what diaries are for, to document your successes and your mistakes. 

As you can see from the thermometer, the temperature is rising quickly over here in Catalunya, in fairness the thermometer had been in direct sunlight so it's not really a true reflection of the actual air temperature but it's shorts and t-shirts weather already. 

large.IMG_3821.jpglarge.IMG_3826.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, Gaijin said:

That's nice weather. I'm living in the wrong place lol 

It's nice until you get to July & August, when temps can easily go over 40 degrees. In reality, it's a very harsh place to live, everything is hard and dry, I was born and raised in Wales where everything is soft and damp, so it's quite alien to me. Spain is in a drought period and some parts of the country are really suffering. 

https://www.catalannews.com/society-science/item/catalan-reservoirs-just-over-half-full-as-authorities-warn-of-potential-drought

• Like 1