On 11.05.2021 at 11:02 AM, Revive said:

Right folks time for another update.. so as you no 36 hours ago my beans went into soak in there lil pots..  the plan was to take them out of soak last night but when I checked them they was all still floating so I decided to wait till this morn to take another look.. when I did i was pretty pleased tbh.. 90% of all my RGSC beans have now split and showing small tails, aswell are the other vars I am germinating.. so far so good right.. they have now been moved onto the next step.. as you will see in the pics I am using small cotton pads as they fit these lil pots perfectly.. first I put 2 pads into the pots and soaked them in willow water then i carefully removed the beans from the pots using a teaspoon.. take care here not to cause any damage especially if you have small tails already showing.. I then put another 2 pads on top of the beans and gave them a small drizzle in willow water. I cant remember if I have ever used cotton pads before but I kinda like the way they hold water as it doesn't seem to sit on there surface, this is a good thing!  I think this part is quite important  cause if there to wet  and sitting in to much water then you will run into issues.. but they need to be wet enough obviously..the lids went on and they was put back in there box..  this season my beans will be sown in biobizz light mix and in root trainers.. i wanted to give them a decent start and some of the potting comp about these days is pure shit sets like fuking concrete when it drys out.. so its time to start preparing my light mix so its ready to go.. Firstly I will spay the soil with some water and get any lumps in there broken up and then it will be put under the cupboard with my bean box in the warm for 48/72 hours .. this apparently gets all the microbial activity moving again, debatable but fuk it lets go through the motions..by the time my beans germinate properly everything will be ready to go but the beans will be what dictates this obviously.. so all in all positive signs so far, let's hope they all make it, and get to enjoy life out in the wild..  I will leave you with a few pics.. tbh I didn't take to many as I wanted to get this step sorted quick time I was worried about too much light exposure to the lil tails that was showing and wanted them back in the dark quick sharp to.. quite important again I feel at this stage to much light is said to cause damage at this fragile stage.. well there you have it folks excited times ahead...

Have a wicked day y'all.. stay medicated and keep it green.. peace 

large.20210511_103740_compress66.jpglarge.20210511_103753_compress93.jpglarge.20210511_105302_compress27.jpglarge.20210511_103801_compress20.jpglarge.20210511_103746_compress52.jpg

Just a quick update... as I posted this my phone rang with news the postman has been to my safe address and my RGSC mazar autos have landed.. these girls are fashionably late the party but will be going through the same process along with some other autos once the fist batch go into the trainers.. thats all folks :yep:

I recommend that you put the seeds directly on a wet cotton ball, the second cover and moisten it firmly. control it to be moist all the time, more you do not need to do anything.

• Like 1

Evening all.. so today I ran into a lil issue that has forced me to change things up a bit..its a bit of an oversight on my behalf to be honest but it is what it is.. so for this season i built a small stealth seedling box for my lockup.. I dont normally have any growing equipment around me these days like lights and so forth (long story) and as I normally only ever run fems photos outdoors this hasn't been an issue.. this season i have a mix of photos, semi autos, and autos so raising them would require a stricter light regime, the compromise to a promise i made to myself years ago that I would never have another piece of growing equipment in my house was this box for the lockup. I covered this build in my other diary but here is a few pics of what i made..

large.20210415_175816_compress51.jpglarge.20210417_154845_compress47.jpglarge.20210417_154953_compress97.jpglarge.20210417_154946_compress90.jpglarge.20210417_154551_compress7.jpg

Right so here is the issue.. in my last post you see that after I had soaked my beans they went into them lil pots on cotton pads for germination, this morning being keen and eager, as im sure most of us are I felt the urge to check them.. just make sure they hadn't dried out or anything and generally see if they was ok.. its pretty warm under the cupboard with the tube heater as it doesn't have a stat on that 1..  After opening the first 2 pots a had a few that already had a decent tap root showing although some others almost nothing..not wanting to leave the ones with the long tap roots in there any longer than nessaserry i thought best i get them into soil and in the root trainers...suddenly i realised my problem.. fuk how's this going to work?? My root trainer's need to be in the lockup  up under the light in the seedling box yet my beans are germinating at home..so what am I gonna do with the ones that haven't quite got a tap root yet? They will stay in the pots at home while the others are in the trainers in the lockup.. then as those start to sprout how am I gonna get them into the trainers  what am I gonna keep bringing the root trainers back home to sow them, certainly not, or am I gonna keep taking them from home to the lockup to sow them.. never fuking thought that through very well did... I  I couldn't germinate the beans in the lockup as its quite dirty and dusty in there so to keep everything as sterile as poss this has to happen at home.. well realising this is just gonna complicate things more than is needed I decided I'd just sow the lot now and just get them all down there in 1 go.. I no lots of folk go this way about it and don't bother with the paper towels part and just go straight into soil.. some don't even soak there beans in water before they do this.. with that in mind I decided I'd made the right decision. So today they was all sown in biobizz light mix and put in root trainers then taken to the lockup.. the seedling box is running temps of 22.5 C but my R/H is only at 35% ideally i want this a bit higher but it might be ok as the trainers have lids so i would have thought its a lil higher under there,  I put a tiny hygrowmeter under there so will check that tomorrow and see how it is.. I have options I can put some water in the bottom trays I I sat the root trainer sets in for now if needed. I have never skipped the paper towel part before myself and have always done it that way but this taking place in 2 diff locations is an issue, I kinda wished I just went straight in the trainers now after I soaked them as the faff of sorting all those pots and cotton pads out for like 24 hours was a waste of time.. well it seems so.. so with this in mind I'm gonna break an old habit and change the germination process for the autos that are next up.. I will soak these for 24 hours or until they sink then straight into the trainers then to the seedling box.. be interesting to see what works best as im up for the change if it cuts out the fuking about.. so for the photos and S/A its a waiting game, lets see how many break soil and what we have got to work with... What will be will be thats out of my hands now.. the autos are going in soak once I've finished this post so will be letting you no how that went soon.. tomorrow i will get some more pics posted and report the night temps.. not really sure what this will be now the lights on a timmer.. I choose an 18/6 light schedule and set my dark hours from 10pm to 4am.. I choose this for a reason cause my plant out times will be either early morn or later eve so this suits how that works and won't interrupt what they have been used to very much.. I think for now that's really about it..

No doubt ill be back before long with some more info.. until then folks, stay medicated and keep it green :yinyang:

• Like 6

Good evening y'all just a small installment this eve.. firstly ill cut to the chase we have life.. this morning a went to check the night temps and r/h but like a fuking stoner I forgot to reset the hygrowmeter.. no suprise really lol

Well the box was sitting at 23.5C 40% R/H

the tiny 1 under the lid and the 1 im more concerned about was sitting at 22.3 78% R/H so im quite happy with that at this stage.. well the first thing a noticed when I opened up was that 1 of them had already broken the surface. And when I looked at the label and no suprise given the name it was a  RGSC fast zkittles :yep: pretty quick really just about 12 hours from going in the dirt.. impressive!!!.. about an hour ago a went to make sure i had reset the meter yep almost forgot again lol and there was more shows around 7 up now..  well im pretty pleased with that for the first 24 hours ..i think there pretty happy where they are so I expect more shows by the morning.. I will grab a few pics to let you guys see how there doing in the next update.. peace:yinyang:

• Like 1

Right folks here we are again for some more info on this seasons antics.. firstly after finally remembering to reset the meter I got a reading for my night temps..not best pleased as it was only 15.8.. I no thats not exactly cold but its quite a diff between night and day so ill need to tweek that.. obviously the 2 small t5 sunblasters give off a bit more heat than I thought they would.. so what do I do here? First I think I will put the 2 pc fans on a timmer so they also go off with the light.. 1 of these is pulling cold air through a vent on the side of my box so this may solve it.. ideally I want the other 1 running  so gonna have to get another adapter as they are both in a double right about now.. lets see how it works out once I've had a fiddle..

Right my beans.. so 28 went down and so far we have 18 up.. some are struggling with there bonnets but its very early bells still.. im not gonna make judgement on germ rates as once again its still very early bells.. so let's just give you the numbers of how we stand..

Fast zkittles 3 out of 3 

Purple freeze bx1 3 out of 3

Opg x freezland 2 out of 3

Affiedaze 1 out of 3

The others that are missing are my subs with 0 out of 6 so thats a slight worry as these are the only ones that never really cracked after there soak..put some more in soak but hey no drama it will just mean more RGSC vars will replace them.. I put these others in soak so as not to waste to much time, dont ask what the fuk ill do if they all make it above the dirt lol hmm more digging lol.. well here you are as promised some pics for the masses. Have a great eve folks and keep it green :yinyang:

large.20210514_172618_compress33.jpglarge.20210514_172938_compress99.jpglarge.20210514_172929_compress59.jpglarge.20210514_172734_compress3.jpglarge.20210514_172633_compress27.jpg

Temps are showing low in the pics as the box had been open for a while just incase you notice this :realcool:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 7

Right just a quickie, the autos have now gone into trainers, most of them had split after 24 hours was gonna leave them till later today to put them in the trainers but ended up doing it last night so they was ready to go straight in the seedling box this morn.. had work so they went out early bells and are now under lights :yep:

I noticed after a quick look that another affiedaze is peeping out the soil so out of all the RGSC vars 12 went down 10 are up :)

I'll take that but I fully expect a late show from these 2.. so waiting on 1 Affiedaze and 1 opg x freezland. Out the autos 2 RGSC auto mazar are in that line up as well as a few others that are documented in my other diary.. oh and 1 of my subbies came through too so maybe there is hope for those yet.. I have already got pretty much what I wanted vars wise for the season  there will be some extras as I wanted to pick the strongest out of what broke soil so they will take up residence in the homes of the exo mob spurt if they don't show up to the party.

No pics but will gab some more later once I get the other timmer set up for the pc fans later..

Enjoy your weekend folks.. peace :yinyang:

• Like 1

Right folks, yep back again...this is becoming part of my daily routine  lol

So my germ rates for all RGSC vars is now 100% aside from the autos that have not long gone down.. so a big thanks to @panik for the great work and for providing us growers with such viable beans.. atm some are not looking there best but if we are to be honest neither are babys when there born.. so I expect them to blossom into beautiful young ladys.. out of the 28 that went down I got 25 up.. the no shows are 1x serious 6    2x exo mob spurt

Yep 4 out of 6 subbies are up.. thought this may happen...another 4 the back ups have come out of soak and gone into trainers so I may end up with more than I needed... oh no not more fuking holes :wallbash:

Well so far so good and all that, lets see how things move forward :yep:

Thats me for now, ill grab some pics for later when I next check in on them as im quite the doting father ;)

Enjoy whats left of the weekend and keep it green :yinyang:

• Like 4

Right a super quick 1 for now.. all RGSC beans have germed and are out the ground with a success rate of... 100% :toot:

Including the autos..  will deffo grab a few pics after work tomorrow.. peace :yinyang:

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Revive said:

Right a super quick 1 for now.. all RGSC beans have germed and are out the ground with a success rate of... 100% :toot:

Including the autos..  will deffo grab a few pics after work tomorrow.. peace :yinyang:

Good man mate next weekend plant out for me this westher should be ok soon

25 minutes ago, B-real said:

Good man mate next weekend plant out for me this westher should be ok soon

Glad to hear that my mate.. hope it all goes well for ya.. will be watching in on your fun and games :yep:

On 22/05/2021 at 8:37 PM, B-real said:

Hows it going revive 

Yeah all good dude, just been a bit busy so been on and off the boards but aint had much time to report my progress.. weather has been fuking shocking so not many plot visits have been made..its all gonna catch up on me I can see it still so much to do it seems.. you good?

Good evening my fellow grow buddy's..  i trust your all well and stoned off your nut lol

Its been a while so best I get you all up to speed on whats what. I did infact spend an hour nearly at the beginning of the week writing an update but i was so fuking baked i pressed the wrong button and cancelled it instead of sending it lol sure im not the first.. well I have been super busy at work, plus the shite fucking weather so there has not been many plot visits to report.. there has however been some changes to this seasons plans.. so i had carved out a new plot for this season to cater for my subbies (regs) 

I have not mentioned it in this diary as its not been relevant to my RGSC vars. Its been a real bastard trying to get this place sorted and ready for the season, I infact named it the bastard plot as its been nothing but from start to finish.. anyone interested in how that came about will find it all documented in my other diary..

Revives outdoor shenanigans 2021...

So whats changed.  Well the last time I posted I reported 100% success on my RGSC beans but was having some trouble with the regs that was gonna go in the bastard plot. Well although I did have 100% on the germination process and got all RGSC beans above the dirt there has been some issues since.. as normal some are progressing faster than the others but out of the 3 affiedaze only 1 is still moving the other 2 are just dormant. Bit annoying as It was 1 of the vars I was most looking forward too. Not sure why this is as everything else is ok and there all together. As you no there in root trainers so not sure if I have played a part somehow with the watering.. it was mentioned that these can be a pain and although I have tried my best to provide a wet/ dry cycle its difficult when there all in a set.. hard to no what needs more or less when you go by the weight as your picking up the whole set rather than individually.. still seems odd its just the affies..the lil seedling box seems to be running ok, although night temps of 15/16 could be better.. so im really not sure on that 1.. I only wanted 2 of the 3 anyway so have popped another bean and put it in its own lil pot to see if it makes any diff.. most of the girls also got a lil leggy so maybe the t5,s that I bought for the box are not the best.. the other strain that is proving more difficult is my subbies.. exo mob spurt. These were really stubborn in getting above the ground and very late.. 10 went down in the end up until now.. the first 6 I got 4 up.. I then popped another 4 as they was looking a bit problematic and got all 4 of those up..however most have just fizzled out after breaking the dirt and have some kind of issue or another.. due to this I have decided to give these a swerve and make better use of the plot they was going on.. there are only really 2 out of the 10 that are worth planting out and the fact they could be 50/50 male female i think its the right choice.. so this is where this plot now becomes relevant to this diary as I will either be putting some autos on there or some of the RGSC extras that I have germed and raised. 

Right regarding the plots, I have made 1 visit to the knotweed plot to put up a fence for the new part that has extended yet again..I was shocked that it had grown so much but feel much safer there now im covered a lot more.. sadly there was knotweed all over the gaff so ended up spending my time dealing with that.. this shit grows fast so I was pleased to see the stuff I had dug up and relocated a while back to create some more cover had rooted and is now growing just where I want it..perfect!!

I set i few more posts for the fence then stashed the roll of chicken wire for my next visit.. oh I gave the pile of topsoil I have on site a dressing of dried seaweed  mixed it in a bit and put the cover back over it.. all I gotta do there not is keep on top of the knotweed and set up my holes ready for plant out.. still gotta get some Perlite over there and some water crystals but other than that its good to go..

Well I thinks this post is long enough for now so,don't want to bore you guys.. ill let you no the plan for the bastard plot in the next update but for now here is some pics of my lil treasures..

Oh no I haven't uploaded them yet lollol

Im such a fuking stoner.. 2 ticks

Right here you go..

large.20210519_211417_compress91.jpglarge.20210519_212201_compress77.jpglarge.20210519_212211_compress43.jpglarge.20210519_212214_compress31.jpglarge.20210524_182649_compress0.jpglarge.20210524_182657_compress65.jpglarge.20210524_182721_compress15.jpglarge.20210524_183740_compress66.jpgthese were taken on the 19th

large.20210524_183748_compress36.jpglarge.20210524_183804_compress98.jpglarge.20210524_183847_compress69.jpglarge.20210524_183902_compress19.jpglarge.20210524_183906_compress85.jpglarge.20210524_183913_compress40.jpglarge.20210524_184038_compress41.jpglarge.20210524_184029_compress46.jpglarge.20210525_185226_compress36.jpglarge.20210525_190719_compress17.jpglarge.20210525_193510_compress24.jpglarge.20210525_193513_compress26.jpglarge.20210525_193521_compress20.jpgthese was about 5 days later

large.20210528_184006_compress33.jpglarge.20210528_183947_compress35.jpglarge.20210528_183809_compress84.jpglarge.20210528_183755_compress11.jpglarge.20210528_183210_compress20.jpglarge.20210528_183334_compress5.jpglarge.20210528_183735_compress88.jpglarge.20210528_183742_compress46.jpglarge.20210528_183205_compress47.jpglarge.20210528_183121_compress99.jpglarge.20210528_183112_compress35.jpglarge.20210528_183103_compress61.jpglarge.20210528_183100_compress72.jpglarge.20210528_183054_compress93.jpglarge.20210528_183050_compress18.jpglarge.20210525_193521_compress20.jpgand this is from today.. you can see what I'm saying about the affiedaze and my subbies now..well you can't win em all..no drama we have backups at the ready..

Thats me all done for now..

Until next time folks. Keep it green :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 3

large.20210528_184006_compress33.jpglarge.20210528_183947_compress35.jpglarge.20210528_183809_compress84.jpglarge.20210528_183755_compress11.jpglarge.20210528_183742_compress46.jpglarge.20210528_183735_compress88.jpg

I think I fuked up the pics and these are the latest ones.. top tip never update your diary when your off ya fuking chomper..I must have been so wasted lol

• Like 3

Weedling out the runtz and prioritizing whats filling spaces is it mate. 

Guess u can with the volume your running this year mate .

Gunna be a good year again 4 u !

48 minutes ago, B-real said:

Weedling out the runtz and prioritizing whats filling spaces is it mate. 

Guess u can with the volume your running this year mate .

Gunna be a good year again 4 u !

Hey bro.. yeah think thats the best bet dont you?

Can't be doing with nursing anything to the finish line.. as you say i get the numbers this year.  Hopefully your right and I crack it off again.. gnna give it my best shot mate.. fuk knows how im gonna deal with it all come harvest time lollol 

but same as last season ill work it out im sure..

Plenty of variety this year, can't be doing with smoking the same bud month after month.. bubble is running low now too so nothing to mix it up a bit with is gonna be a mare.. got a few auto this year so hopefully it won't be that long to wait :wallbash: im trying to convince myself i think lol.. we shall see :yep:

• Like 1