Old School Genetics

MindSoup

5 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

Do you know if he's aware of this forum? It'd be nice to hear from him on here, there have been a few questions he might be able to answer, maybe you could send him a link to this thread?

100% he is aware of UK420 but i believe the team are active over at another forum :yep:

Maybe just drop him a message on Instagram and hope for a reply.

:yinyang:

@MindSoup yep I completely stunk my mates parents house with a batch of the Chronic mate. Def not lacking in potency, was the original gorilla glue - stuck your fingers together after touching the buds.

• Like 1

Dang it now I'm getting all nostalgic. Think I'm gunna have to see if I can find some decent seeds of it somewhere lol

• Like 2

20 hours ago, KC said:

Anyone found anything like the old white widow in their packs? I've just done 2 and they're very close to identical but nothing like widow I recall. Nice enough weed mind.

large.WW2rs.jpg

It's not very white :huh:

None of the 3 i have  grown looked like that, mine were all loaded with frost...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KC said:

@mr rhino

Any of them have the ammonia smell/flavour aka cat piss?  

Yes had one like that but never took cuttings , here she was

large.114202171359.jpg

• Like 10

The Blue D is also lovely, probably my favourite smoke from the 3 OSG plants I've grown, although I am a massive blueberry head.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

The Blue D is also lovely, probably my favourite smoke from the 3 OSG plants I've grown, although I am a massive blueberry head.... 

It's a nice smoke i agree

Need to give @crticalcontent a poke and remind him as a matter of priority to make subbies with his NYC Blueberry :lookaround:lol 

Be a bit like Jesus changing water into wine. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 1:57 AM, latigid aikon said:

@KCI grew six, four looked like yours and two looked like this:

large.IMG_8008.jpeg

Did all six plants smoke like old school white widow?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RedDevs said:

Did all six plants smoke like old school white widow?

#6 (the one in the photo above) is probably 80-90% of the way to being proper widow, #2 is similar but not quite the right spectrum of smell, it's great but not quite widow. #1, #3, #4 and #5 only had hints of the smell/taste and didn't have the nice dense bud structure but they were all a nice smoke nonetheless.

I only bought 3 seeds and he sent me 6, I think he did that to make the chances of finding good plants higher. If I'd only got the 3 seeds I paid for I might well have only seen the average phenos so it's lucky he did. I'm considering buying a ten pack or even two packs to see what else I can find.

My understanding is that this is what you'd expect from a S1 generation, it doesn't produce 100% copies of the parent and there will be plenty of variation.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

My understanding is that this is what you'd expect from a S1 generation, it doesn't produce 100% copies of the parent and there will be plenty of variation.

I see, that makes sense.  Old Man Green does have the original but it's spitting out pheno's which is to be expected. Thanks for the information.

• Like 1

Need some advice from you guys @KC @latigid aikon @mr rhino @MindSoup   as you grew it already. Going through your diaries but thought get help faster here

This is my first  SCRoG experience and first acquaintance with OSW 90's 

She is on day 8 12/12. 

Shall I tuck her more under the net or leave it?

Just want to use SCRoG properly and not just to hold the buds ...

Checked website OSG it's just said 2x 3x stretch but I have now idea if she's done or not yet 

large.IMG_20220829_172952_compress59.jpg

• Like 4