Old School Genetics

MindSoup

These 2 look really intriguing, but with all the hype about returning to the Old Skool, I'm now a bit wary of people claiming to have old cuts. Anyone grown these out ? 

Old Widow 90s

OLD WIDOW IS SELECTED IN THE END OF THE 90′

Old Widow 90’S1 is a cut of the late 90’s of the “White Family”. In this selection of great value you will obtain a plant practically 100% Indica that will offer you a very compact structure and very dense and resinous flowers that even the medium leaves are covered with trichomes.

Oldman's Silver Haze 98

RARE GOLDEN SKUNK PHENO SELECTED BY OLDMAN GREEN

Oldman’s Silver Haze 98 aka Super Silver Haze 98 S1 is my feminized version of one of my first selections that I made in the late 90’s. This selection of SSH is a rare phenotype with very pronounced nuances of the Skunk part of this classic sativa. You can get a great production of this vintage strain. Its flowers are very resinous and golden. One of the best varieties for extractions.

• Like 11

Up until somebody mentioning the Widow  yesterday I haven't seen anyone talk of growing any Old School Genetics strain, personally I'm interested in their Blue Grape Fuel and Petrol Skunk. 

• Like 4

@Sasquatch Ye must have missed my G13 white widow grow last year lol

It was a nice enough smoke but not widow at all as I remember it

Currently on a cheesy old school skunk hunt wi the smottie remix :yep:

E2A Are old school genetics a breeder? If so just ignore me then lol

Edited by McHazy
  • Like 5

Grown the Petrol Skunk out 2 almost two years ago now, unfortunately I can't say if it's cuts from way back as living in a country where you'd be lucky to score brick weed these OG old strains never made it across.

I can say it was mint, terpines and resin production was crazy, flavour and smell was beautiful.

Ive a pack of Blue Grape Fuel on the way from Attitude along with some SS seeds.

• Like 2

Haha must have made this thread when I was extra blazed, totally forgot about it and haven't seen any notifications. Anyway good to know they're actually putting out stuff worth having. The petrol skunk looks really nice as well. I want my next run to have extra stanky stuff. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

On 30/03/2021 at 9:10 AM, McHazy said:

@Sasquatch Ye must have missed my G13 white widow grow last year lol

It was a nice enough smoke but not widow at all as I remember it

Currently on a cheesy old school skunk hunt wi the smottie remix :yep:

E2A Are old school genetics a breeder? If so just ignore me then lol

Yeah they are, and they seem to have a pretty tantalising catalogue. Just not a lot of info about them. The oldman silver has a review supposedly written by old man himself. 

• Like 2

Just been looking at strains. Can’t find much about them but I’m thinking of having a punt on some soon. I’m after a good(enough) white widow but there are others I fancy too. 

• Like 1

On 30/03/2021 at 8:34 PM, MindSoup said:

OLD WIDOW IS SELECTED IN THE END OF THE 90′

Old Widow 90’S1 is a cut of the late 90’s of the “White Family”. In this selection of great value you will obtain a plant practically 100% Indica that will offer you a very compact structure and very dense and resinous flowers that even the medium leaves are covered with trichomes.

FYI @crticalcontent

I used to have an amazing widow cut 15+ years ago that I am still pretty obsessed with. I've spent a lot on seeds trying to find it again with no luck and I had pretty much given up but I just ordered some old widow 90's. I certainly wont get my hopes up but I couldn't just ignore it.

• Like 4

Yay hopefully some of you will try this before I get a chance and I can learn from your experience. Please do comment on here with what you found. 

• Like 5

Ah the 90's strains. Back when there was only a dozen or so strains. Bliss.  

Now we still have only a dozen strains (or less), but every single pheno has its own name. lol

• Like 19

• 1 month later...

Well I've been eyeing up that super silver for a while now, I decided I'd get in touch with OSG about their ability to post to the UK. Raúl aka Oldman aka owner of OSG has assured me that they hide the seeds in a t shirt and thus they should make it through ok. Seems like a very nice guy on all accounts, I'll be buying a pack in the next month or so to run on my next cycle for sure, need to get a mum box running cos I think I might find a keeper. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MindSoup said:

they hide the seeds in a t shirt and thus they should make it through ok

I can confirm that he packages them very well indeed.

Mine were held up for a while at the courier depot for some reason but as you say he's a nice guy and he chased up the courier and kept me updated regularly until they arrived.

It's still too early for me to comment on the genetics really but they are the most vigorous plants I've grown for years which has to be a good sign.

• Like 4

Thinking to grab a pack of this super silver haze or go with mr nice ssh. What you reckon? Tbh I’ll only be doing a single plant of it under a 250 later in the year. Family friend proper preached about how much he rated it. Poor sods recently lost two close family members. Would love to surprise him n put a smile on his face. He ain’t got much money so if saves him buying weed over Xmas be doing him a favour. Just would a good pheno as he will be grateful but no doubt comparing it to what he used to smoke when he was growing it back in the day. 

• Like 4