Old School Genetics

MindSoup

30 minutes ago, stummer said:

Thinking to grab a pack of this super silver haze or go with mr nice ssh. What you reckon? Tbh I’ll only be doing a single plant of it under a 250 later in the year. Family friend proper preached about how much he rated it. Poor sods recently lost two close family members. Would love to surprise him n put a smile on his face. He ain’t got much money so if saves him buying weed over Xmas be doing him a favour. Just would a good pheno as he will be grateful but no doubt comparing it to what he used to smoke when he was growing it back in the day. 

I wouldn't run a single plant of ssh from seed, the variation is massive between seed stock. 

• Like 4

On 3/30/2021 at 9:10 AM, McHazy said:

must have missed my G13 white widow grow last year

One of worse pack of seeds i ever grew, likewise not widow in the slightest, completely weak sauce. I had a couple of other vars from g13 all crap imo. 

• Like 2

I have seen a "rustys white widow" mentioned recently in some places. Maybe someone here knows more about it

Edited by HazyHashMan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HazyDaze said:

I wouldn't run a single plant of ssh from seed, the variation is massive between seed stock. 

thinking that’s why should just go with these. Will have to look up again what an s1 is but sounds like this breeders got hold of a good pheno? Don’t fancy a tent full tbh as like doing a few strains at once. Will need the them finishing roughly same time in order to dry. Plus tbh most of it I’ll gift to the friend of the family. Just don’t wanna look a prat and hand him something that’s proper crap. He’d be grateful anyway it’s free lol but whole point will be to give him a trip down memory lane. Way he spoke about it when he grew it it’s like the strain had an impact on him. Said he’d sort out mates back when he was growing. The ssh though he said he couldn’t bring himself to part with it n was always for him. Reminded me a little how my dad would say to just get a bottle of jd out. Rather than a good single malt as they’ll only mix it with coke and won’t even appreciate it.

23 minutes ago, stummer said:

but whole point will be to give him a trip down memory lane.

I wish you the very best of luck but I think from experience you may be pissing in the wind. Especially running 1 plant. 

I've tried and failed to find a plant from seed that takes me back down memory Lane and gives me the ssh I want and remember.

Luckily the clone fairy bestowed me with the best present he ever could. Second I smelled it was like all those memories come flooding back. A true gift. 

Fair play for what your trying to do mate. It's what someone has done for me and my word has it made me a happy camper and it is one of my most prized possessions. Id all but given up chasing ssh in seed. 

Ssh is epic af though. Hope you find something mate and if you do, you will understand your old friends mindset. Undoubtedly you will want to keep it all as it will probably be the best thing you've ever smoked.

E2a. When I get my arse in gear next grow I'll be dusting ssh with and amnesia ibl male and possibly soke s1's so will send some in for subbies.

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 14

8 hours ago, stummer said:

Thinking to grab a pack of this super silver haze or go with mr nice ssh. What you reckon? Tbh I’ll only be doing a single plant of it under a 250 later in the year. Family friend proper preached about how much he rated it. Poor sods recently lost two close family members. Would love to surprise him n put a smile on his face. He ain’t got much money so if saves him buying weed over Xmas be doing him a favour. Just would a good pheno as he will be grateful but no doubt comparing it to what he used to smoke when he was growing it back in the day. 

From what I hear you can't go wrong with either tbh.

• Like 2

Just to be clear, this post is about the seedbank that goes by the name "Old School Genetics" not old school genetics in general. Don't get me wrong, talk about alternatives or whatever, just seems like a few replies might have missed that point or might have confused it with the old school strain's thread.

:smokin:

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, stummer said:

thinking that’s why should just go with these. Will have to look up again what an s1 is but sounds like this breeders got hold of a good pheno? Don’t fancy a tent full tbh as like doing a few strains at once. Will need the them finishing roughly same time in order to dry. Plus tbh most of it I’ll gift to the friend of the family. Just don’t wanna look a prat and hand him something that’s proper crap. He’d be grateful anyway it’s free lol but whole point will be to give him a trip down memory lane. Way he spoke about it when he grew it it’s like the strain had an impact on him. Said he’d sort out mates back when he was growing. The ssh though he said he couldn’t bring himself to part with it n was always for him. Reminded me a little how my dad would say to just get a bottle of jd out. Rather than a good single malt as they’ll only mix it with coke and won’t even appreciate it.

Its an s1 (self pollination) of the 98 Oldman SSH cut, OSG is owned by Oldman so it's likely the real deal and being S1 should be fairly stable. 2 main phenos a skunky one and a more traditional haze one. Obviously as we all know it could all turn out to be BS, but from what I can see and from the emails he seems like a really nice bloke, on the other hand apparently shanti is a bit of a douche bag, not that that has an bearing on his genetics. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, MindSoup said:

an s1 (self pollination) of the 98 Oldman SSH cut, OSG is owned by Oldman so it's likely the real deal and being S1 should be fairly stable. 2 main phenos a skunky one and a more traditional haze one.

dont Wanna piss on your chips mate but being an s1 doesn't make it stable. An s1 is stable if the parent was stable and ssh has the potential of a lot of variation. 

You can run a pack of s1s and not find anything as good as the parent. Just because it contains all the genetic material of the parent doesnt mean it will present itself in an expression desirable to you.

Secondly. This below is concerning. Its like he's setting you up to not find what everyone's looking for. Since when does anyone remember ssh for being a skunky dom pheno? That finishes in 15 weeks? 

Not making the right nosies for me when I know the prized cuts are the 9/10 weeker churchy/mettalic/sweet/diesel sweet phenos not 15 week skunk phenos.

Who knows? Try em and let us know

Oldman Green’s Silver Haze is my own selection of Super SIlver Haze from year 98. It is a very rare skunk phenotype and not so typical with the Haze phenotype

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 9

57 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

dont Wanna piss on your chips mate but being an s1 doesn't make it stable. An s1 is stable if the parent was stable and ssh has the potential of a lot of variation. 

You can run a pack of s1s and not find anything as good as the parent. Just because it contains all the genetic material of the parent doesnt mean it will present itself in an expression desirable to you.

Secondly. This below is concerning. Its like he's setting you up to not find what everyone's looking for. Since when does anyone remember ssh for being a skunky dom pheno? That finishes in 15 weeks? 

Not making the right nosies for me when I know the prized cuts are the 9/10 weeker churchy/mettalic/sweet/diesel sweet phenos not 15 week skunk phenos.

Who knows? Try em and let us know

Oldman Green’s Silver Haze is my own selection of Super SIlver Haze from year 98. It is a very rare skunk phenotype and not so typical with the Haze phenotype

Maybe skunky means fresh, floral skunk. Like the skunk#1 strain. Not actually like a skunk. That would make more sense.  

Edited by FigmentofFig

Just now, blackpoolbouncer said:

@FigmentofFig maybe. Skunky is the last thing I'd describe ssh as tbh

Exactly. Just like skunk#1 wasnt skunky most of the time

• Like 1