Old School Genetics

MindSoup

16 hours ago, HazyHashMan said:

I have seen a "rustys white widow" mentioned recently in some places. Maybe someone here knows more about it

That’s a clone not a seed line. It’s a late 90’s snip. It’s the baby puke clone. Rusty is just the chap who’s been holding onto it. 

• Like 6

Just now, Sargares said:

That’s a clone not a seed line. It’s a late 90’s snip. It’s the baby puke clone. Rusty is just the chap who’s been holding onto it. 

Hazeman seeds has old white widow seeds and crosses. Something called the aloha cut. TGA vortex is known for baby puke/shit smells as well. Personally I've grown critical orange punch that both plants had that hot vomit smell on it. Gross!

It's worth popping some old school seeds in my opinion. Should be nice.

Edited by FigmentofFig
  • Like 3

@FigmentofFig yeh there was a lot of winners in the old stuff and a lot more actual variety rather than current market of 15 billion shades of gelato zkittlez kush. 

the seeds are a damned mine field though unfortunately. The vast majority of the Dutch banks are the scum of the earth and they’re just buying in bulk feminised seeds from Spain (used to be mostly from dinafem) then white labelling em. Aka just naming em whatever they fancy despite them all being watered down reversed white widow crosses or whatever clone they happen to have that reverses the best. 

Hence most of them coming out nothing like people remember. 

• Like 8

Just now, Sargares said:

@FigmentofFig yeh there was a lot of winners in the old stuff and a lot more actual variety rather than current market of 15 billion shades of gelato zkittlez kush. 

the seeds are a damned mine field though unfortunately. The vast majority of the Dutch banks are the scum of the earth and they’re just buying in bulk feminised seeds from Spain (used to be mostly from dinafem) then white labelling em. Aka just naming em whatever they fancy despite them all being watered down reversed white widow crosses or whatever clone they happen to have that reverses the best. 

Hence most of them coming out nothing like people remember. 

Yeah you gotta find some old lines, real ones. 

1 hour ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

dont Wanna piss on your chips mate but being an s1 doesn't make it stable. An s1 is stable if the parent was stable and ssh has the potential of a lot of variation. 

You can run a pack of s1s and not find anything as good as the parent. Just because it contains all the genetic material of the parent doesnt mean it will present itself in an expression desirable to you.

Secondly. This below is concerning. Its like he's setting you up to not find what everyone's looking for. Since when does anyone remember ssh for being a skunky dom pheno? That finishes in 15 weeks? 

Not making the right nosies for me when I know the prized cuts are the 9/10 weeker churchy/mettalic/sweet/diesel sweet phenos not 15 week skunk phenos.

Who knows? Try em and let us know

Oldman Green’s Silver Haze is my own selection of Super SIlver Haze from year 98. It is a very rare skunk phenotype and not so typical with the Haze phenotype

"Fairly"

I will

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

Iv got 30 year old SSH cut grows normal until 5th  node then mutant leaves pop out an fan leaves go 3 bladed 

just been potted up ready for diary 

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Got a White Russian cut that’s 21 years old and still going strong always a winner hard as nails can be neglected to fook still produces few on here tried her she’s a survivor.

TS

• Like 3

On 12/06/2021 at 8:54 PM, Sinnerman said:

Got a White Russian cut that’s 21 years old and still going strong always a winner hard as nails can be neglected to fook still produces few on here tried her she’s a survivor.

TS

I remember buying a oz of that around 2005 and it was 2 big frosty buds. Never see it since. 

• Like 2

AK Beans Brain in Alaska has had Sensi NL in the freezer since the 90´s. He has made an open pollination with them, and some crosses.

• Like 1

Todd p Mccormick will be releasing hawaiin lights (nl5 x purest indica). Both of which came from the collection of Greg McAllister (guy who nevil got the NL from). Due to be released late next month / early August via agseedco / authentic genetics. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, MeMyselfAndIGuerilla said:

Todd p Mccormick will be releasing hawaiin lights (nl5 x purest indica). Both of which came from the collection of Greg McAllister (guy who nevil got the NL from). Due to be released late next month / early August via agseedco / authentic genetics. 

But are they the same as he gave nev back in the 80s. ?  I heard greg is saying these particular seeds were found in his sisters fridge when she died !.

8 hours ago, MeMyselfAndIGuerilla said:

Todd p Mccormick will be releasing hawaiin lights (nl5 x purest indica). Both of which came from the collection of Greg McAllister

saw this the other day and wonder where’s the hawaiian from in the name.?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, LHC said:

AK Beans Brain in Alaska has had Sensi NL in the freezer since the 90´s. He has made an open pollination with them, and some crosses.

I'm definitely going to get some of his seeds sent. I just listened to his potcast and he's a super interesting guy. Has got some incredible sounding lines held from way back when. The potcast is well worth a listen, he definitely comes across as the real deal.

• Like 2

I've some Sannies Sugarpunch on at the mo. SSH XThe One. First time flowering them. 2 very similar, classic SSH smell, stacked clays, pineapple to lemon, the other is purple, less smelly but very beautiful plant. Like the look of this old school seed bank though. Happy someone started a thread. Look forward to seeing more reports.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, twigs said:

saw this the other day and wonder where’s the hawaiian from in the name.?

For sure not hawaii as there's no indigenous cannabis from there. 

• Like 3