Cannabis tincture and cannabis oil

DANZIG

found some good % booze after searching around,,,, turns out there is a market for this stuff after all lol I just never looked before. :)

• 5 weeks later...

I used about a half oz of good, decarbed bud with a half litre of glycerine, put in a wee kilner jar in the cupboard, and shook daily for around 4 months.

Tried it and apart from the taste, I wouldn't have thought there was any bud in there so it didn't work for me.

Any suggestions or ideas where I may have gone wrong welcome....

Suppose I could may just make more butter as I just add a wee dollop to a cup of raspberry leaf tea with half a spoon of sugar. It tastes lovely and really gets to work in about an hour.

I liked the tincture idea as it was supposed to be more medicinal and i'm still trying to find ways to help the father-in-law with his Parkinsons (he doesn't like the psychoactive effect).

• Like 1

I used about a half oz of good, decarbed bud with a half litre of glycerine, put in a wee kilner jar in the cupboard, and shook daily for around 4 months.

Tried it and apart from the taste, I wouldn't have thought there was any bud in there so it didn't work for me.

Suppose I could may just make more butter as I just add a wee dollop to a cup of raspberry leaf tea with half a spoon of sugar. It tastes lovely and really gets to work in about an hour.

I liked the tincture idea as it was supposed to be more medicinal and i'm still trying to find ways to help the father-in-law with his Parkinsons (he doesn't like the psychoactive effect).

I've never used VG ...

For your father in law , try not decarbing your bud , make a cold exract that way you keep as much as possible THC-a.

There's also 'the back door method .... Preferred by medical users .

Oil can be washed off the bud in minutes, any longer & the water content of the alcohol starts to pick up all the unwanted buts like chlorophyll etc .

• Like 1

Quick guide to how I make CO ....

Dry buds

95% alcohol (spiritus)

Coffee filters

Mason jars ...

Freeze EVERYTHING, inc spoons / jars /bud /alcohol

Remove from freezer & pour alcohol over the but covering by an inch

Swill/mix it round for 3minuets tops

Strain through coffee filters this will leave you with a tincture, decide from here weather you reduce the alcohol away & grab your golden oil or keep it as tincture

(This would still be THCa tincture & would still need decarboxylation)

• 4 months later...

Sorry if this is a dumbass kind of question.......

I'm using to help manage chronic pain and Parkinsons. I quite like the idea of ceasing to smoke my crop and switching instead to using it to make a decent, highly potent tincture. In am going to use the Polish Spiritus vodka. Now l can see several ways of doing this. One is to steep the bud in the spirit for a period of up to a month, filter and then evaporate. But others speak of "washing" for just a few minutes, repeat, repeat, evaporate. Some insist on freezing, others never even mention it.

Anyone care to educate me? I am risking a good chunk of my crop, and would rather not waste it!

• Like 1

@Arnold Layne it kind of depends on what you read. FECO (full extract cannabis oil) uses whole plant, long soak and is used is Canna butter, salves, cooking etc ... Oil as is most commonly made is buds, sugar leaf and trim . I am no expert, I learned a great deal from a closed group on that book site. John Marsh is a "medicinal advisor" albeit he specializes in cancer treatment and epilepsy, he talks about doing 8 hour soaks . It all depends on what you are looking to extract from the plant . I use the short single wash as (I can only speak for me and Mrs b ) it is so far the most effective method. If you do it another way please let me know the "What, How and effect " if you would be so kind.

I hope that helped more than confused 

Breezus 

On 12/09/2016 at 9:23 AM, Biltong Bob said:

I have made it this way a couple of times, (leaving bud in glycerine for some time).  

I have never got it as strong as I have by mixing oil with PEG+VG,  but still strong enough to feel and I smoke every day.  What I did before was heat the mixture up in its jar for 3 - 4 hours using a double boiler before leaving it to sit for a week, then heating it again and leaving it to sit for a couple more weeks.  Always during sitting I would give it a shake and turn it upside to aloow the glycerine to soak through and then settle again.  I leave it for 2 - 3 weeks after the second boil, it comes out nice tastes nice, gives you a bit of a buzz, but not a proper hard hitting "just had a dab" strength.

On 2/5/2017 at 9:58 AM, Arnold Layne said:

Sorry if this is a dumbass kind of question.......

I'm using to help manage chronic pain and Parkinsons. I quite like the idea of ceasing to smoke my crop and switching instead to using it to make a decent, highly potent tincture. In am going to use the Polish Spiritus vodka. Now l can see several ways of doing this. One is to steep the bud in the spirit for a period of up to a month, filter and then evaporate. But others speak of "washing" for just a few minutes, repeat, repeat, evaporate. Some insist on freezing, others never even mention it.

Anyone care to educate me? I am risking a good chunk of my crop, and would rather not waste it!

The only reason I see in freezing to to stop any green from happening.

You can wash for up to five minutes but it never seems to help much passed three minutes to rid 80% of the meds off the herb.

Now...we used to heat our oils for many days when we were kids making oil to smoke. It was green alright and would taste ok to smoke but we never used it for meds back then. We didnt know any better.

........Ive never gone back to heating oil or soaking it longer than 3 mins due to the amount of meds I get.

Now..is it different soaking it longer or even heating it? I have no idea really if I am not removing specific meds from the herb.

I only know that chlorophyll is water soluble and anything water soluble, I don't want in my oil.

hope this helps.

I recently made a tincture with 95% grain whisky. I took 2 oz's of fine herb and soaked it for 5 mins at room temp. 

It came out a green shade which I then did what Danzig did and put it in the sun to kill the green,

The tincture is strong and takes less time to work than the oil ... I still put it in caps and take ASAP as the taste is way to strong, even a couple drops for me.

• Like 2

freezing at super cold temperature helps seperate any waxes and other lipids from the tincture.  good for if you want to mix in some glycerine for an ecig liquid.

Does anyone make tincture from AVB?

Should be fully decarbed so  I imagine a cold soak would be enough.

Or is AVB  just too weak to bother with?

Edited by Absurdist