Cannabis tincture and cannabis oil

DANZIG

Thinking of making RSO I found this spirtus Polish vodka for around £30 for 0.5l is that about right?  Seems quite pricey to me....  Especially I thinking of boiling it all away...  Was looking at isopropyl but don't like the idea of including whatever they add in to it stop drunks drinking it into my RSO... Will that stuff boil off? 

Many thanks 

On 12/09/2016 at 2:48 AM, JTR said:

Feel free to pick my brains ....

@JTR I'll take you up on that offer. What do you reckon to making a tincture with  AVB (already vaped bud).

I've read that it still has 30 % of the goodness in it, so is it just a matter of using 3 - 4 times the amount of plant material in the same volume of alcohol?

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

I make Cannabis oil for my Dad who is fighting Cancer, usually I get the decarboxylation right then use 100% Isopropyl alcohol, stick it into a water batch and render it down into oil, but time there was a power cut and I don`t know how long the weed was in the oven.

The weed was dry and a khaki colour but that still doesn`t tell me if it was long enough, so the question I have to those who may know is, if the Isopropyl alcohol strips weed of all of it cannabinoids and terpenes then when I use a water bath to render it down will the heat from that also decarb the weed to make sure I get all the beneficial cannabinoids?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Mashish

use an OIL bath to bring it down in concentration...the oil bath wont burn or boil off.

Bring the temp up to around 170 to 200 F and the IPA will boil off easily. When there are no more bubbles even around the edge..its done.

decarboxylation is done if the herb is BONE DRY,,,, heat only increases the process. Its not actually required but people decarb to make sure the fresh herb is dry.....and all meds are used.

hope this helps

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, gb1 said:

use an OIL bath to bring it down in concentration

any specific type of oil? or normal veg oil

reg veg oil....think its boiling point is like 300 f and you will never get higher than say 200 f purging the remaining IPA

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 15/7/2005 at 4:18 PM, grobag said:

The higher proof ethanols are the best as the resin dissolves in this more readily. Especially if making your tincture from an already extracted product ie. hash or oil.

This reduces the time the cannabis needs to be in the alcohol before it is all absorbed.

I will then mix this with a drinking alcohol after the fusion has taken place ie I'll pour the tincture into a bottle of bourbon for drinking.

If trying to dissolve cannabis straight into a drinking alcohol - it takes ages!

Just a few thoughts, Gro :guitar:

are you saying that making FECO (full extract cannabis oil) form hashish is better than making it from grass(buds)?

• Like 1

@grobag cos i made it twice. one from buds (1 kg of buds = 137gr of pure "oil" using 15 litres of 96% grain alcohol). and i also made it just by adding the buds into hemp seed oil. Let it very lightly "cook" (without ever making the oil boil/simmer) for 2 hrs. i made the latter with the leftovers (some buds were present) and people enjoyed it nonetheless though the first one was way more potent. i also used different strains so different effects

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Just brought some Cbd oil off the net that's actually pretty decent. The price is silly tho so gonna have a crack at making my own. The Cbd oil you just stick a few drops under the tounge and half hour later get a nice relaxing buzz. 

So question is if I understand it correctly - do I just bang a load of bud ground up with a load of hemp/coconut oil and leave in a jar shaking everyday in a dark place. Then strain it after how many days? Was just gonna put it in the glass thing my Cbd came in and addminster the same. 

So how long do I soak it for and how much oil to 3G of green and a load of crystals from my catcher 

I use qwiso green dragon in my tea almost everyday for pain relief,  works a treat.  Fresh live resin straight off the plant,  I grow in a perpetual style and defoliate my plants, because I have a perpetual grow I have a plant finish every week or 2 so all the trim including the defoliated leaves either goes to my green dragon or BHO,  my favourite plant to use is my Blue Cheese,  its so crystally even the fan leaves are covered in sticky goodness

I simply take the leaves, trim, stalks and stick them in a mason jar with 99.9% isopropyl alcohol, leave it to soak for half an hour with a good shake every now and then and then run it through 100 micron filter material into a Pyrex bowl which I put straight onto the electric hob to boil down I used to do a bain marie (sp?) style but found no difference between that and putting straight on the hob 

If I want to make it really pure I run it through activated carbon to remove most of the green colour before putting it on the hob but if its just for me I leave it green,  clear is my party potion which everyone loves

1 teaspoon in my tea or coffee and I'm lit for hours,  2 teaspoons and I'm ready for bed, night night, lights out lol 

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder if someone knows if cannabis oil can be diluted,acquired a small bottle of oil made from 'amnesia' strain which is a bit too strong,imo.

Am going to use it medicinally as a drop under the tongue,but i believe it is high T and 11% cbd using it for neuro pain due to me/cfs.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows how or if it can be done.

• 1 year later...

Personally I take  CBD tincture for my anxiety issues. I haven't obtained my medical marijuana card yet, but I am doing my best to get it soon. I read so much useful info here and I really believe that medical marijuana is less harmful alternative to anti-anxiety meds, and with fewer side effects.  

so I’m still alive still growing an still lurking here lol sorry for my absence ( not that anyone really gave a shit anyway lol)

So bit of a different situation with me. My dog was diagnosed with a brain tumour back in summer around July time. He was in quit a bad way bad way and he had  had 2 seizures too. The first lasted 10 seconds and his head was shaking like crazy in his sleep ( not full body seizures). I couldn’t tell if it was a trippy dream tho but then 4-6 weeks later it happened again but lasted 20 mins instead an was considerably worse. From that night I put him on some bho I had made up for dabs just a tiny amount enough for a small dab and slowly increased it since then. I took him to the vet a few days later to double check it wasn’t cancer or anything too serious. He saw a neurologist an not a normal vet and she said due to his age (12) and other symptoms like loosing sensitivity on one side as he didn’t correct his leg etc and one side of his mouth drooping, his circling and sometimes falling over on his back legs that there wasn’t much else it could be other than a brain tumour. I was basically told there wasn’t really anything that could be done and an mri was out of the question due to costs so they don’t even do them on dogs. The best I could do was get more tests like x rays to see if it’s anywhere else but even the vet said it’s likely just a waste of money as he has a brain tumour so there’s not much worse kinda thing it was more just w case of if I wanted to know. He was also being sick when eating his food sometimes and had to eat in smaller amounts and often was sick in the morning with jus bile stuff so I don’t think I they expected him to last much longer and assumed he had cancer elsewhere too. He also has a lump on his back leg which has gotten bigger and I’m pretty sure was cancer. The vet gave me anti seizure meds to last 2 week an that was it. I was jus told to go home an wait/decide what I wanted to do an when to put him down etc. He was also in a lot of pain it seemed as he couldn’t sleep at night an was jus up whinging all night long. However as soon a i started the Oil I noticed he actually had a good night sleep for The whole night and didn’t whinge at all so it was obviously helping him out along with preventing any seizures. 

i figured I wasn’t gonna Just give up an let him be in pain to just be put down a few weeks or months later Or however long later. I stopped dabbing my oil an gave it all to him. I quickly got his dosage up ( he was quit stoned for a couple weeks but he seemed very happy in his self and I’m pretty sure he even enjoys the effects as he started running around the living room like crazy after he had his sleep an it wore off a bit an when I take him out for wee he wants to run around the field like a madman which he hadn’t done in a while. 
It only took a few weeks of getting used to the effects it would have been quicker but I was increasing the dose as much an as quickly as possible to where is it at now (probably a bit too high a dose as I need to make sure I have enough to last him but more is better)

he is now on around half a gram of oil a day. Yea you read that right half a gram and sometimes that is given twice a day too once in morning an again at night He can handle more than I can lol he doesn’t really get stoned anymore tho, well it doesn’t effect him like it used to jus sends him to sleep for a bit an helps him chill out. 

Now for the good news. It seems he is actually getting better by quit a lot. It’s been just over 6 months of treatment and since diagnosis and he is 100 times better than he was and obviously still alive. No more seizures at all as in nada none since the second one he had and I didn’t give him the meds the vet gave as they really messed him up, when I gave him it once he didn’t eat for nearly 2 weeks. Also he has not fallen over in a long time. He used to fall over quit a lot partly due to him being stoned but mainly due to his tumour effecting his balance an back legs etc now he jus falls of the edge of the bed when he’s too lean to realise he’s slipping off. He still falls over sometimes but it’s usually if he’s a tad too lean still and not just randomly for no real reason. He is rarely sick either now although I still need to watch how much he eats an not take him out too soon after otherwise he may be sick again but it’s slowly but surely getting less an less of an occurrence. He still sick in the morning sometimes if he hasn’t eaten much the night before but it’s much less often and if I give him an egg in the morn it stops that happening.

so yea 6 months on and he’s still alive and is considerably better than he was before. He sleeps all night like a log now and hasn’t winged like he is in pain for months either. His paws are still a bit iffy as in when he wees he doesn’t realise his paw is in a odd position and doesn’t correct it but unlike before where if you put is paw in that position it would stay there indefinitely and he wouldn’t even realise he now moves it back where it should be straight away now so it seems his feeling is coming back along that side ( the opposite side to the tumour). He also started to breath a bit funny like you could tell there was something in his throat or chest. That has actually gotten much better in the last few weeks. It appeared a couple months ago but now his breathing sounds normal again and it’s literally gone back to to normal the last week or 2. I think whilst the oil was working on the cancer elsewhere he got something in his chest/throat or lungs start growing but it seems the oil is working on too now as I have a bit more cbd in the oil. 

I know the tumour in his brain has not got any bigger and it seems it Is getting smaller due to his symptoms getting much less severe but I can also tell it’s still there at least a little bit as his mouth still droops down on one side a bit and his symptoms have not gone completely yet. 

also the lump in the back of his leg on his rear thigh as gotten considerably smaller. At first I wasn’t sure if it was cancer or a fatty cyst type thing as he has a couple of those too but it seems it was cancer as I feared as it getting smaller and smaller as the months go by ( the cysts stayed the same size) it also feels different to the cysts and doesn’t move about. It started to get small really quickly but now it’s slowed down a bit probably as his body knows it’s not as bad so is healing other parts first, (well that’s my opinion anyway).

so yea if you’re dog gets diagnosed with cancer then by all means start them off on cannabis oil as it works wonders. Dosage is obviously lower for dogs than it is for us but the higher You can get the dose  the better an preferably as quickly as possible as from what I’ve read online it’s effects are very dose dependant or can be for specific cancers. 

once I feel he is fully cured I will reduce the amount he is on and keep him on a maintenance dose of probably 100mgs a day or so. 

I will take him back to the vet mainly to get a check up but also cos I want to show the neurologist that he’s still around alive and kicking and doing better instead of worse. I will keep this post updated if anything else happens or changes or when/if he does get better fully.  

also I have just had him on high thc oil not One of those cbd oil crap that gets sold online. This stuff I grew and produced myself from high thc strains although I did put a 1:1 thc:cbd strain on for him but tbh that was a freebie barneys farm critical mass cbd. No smell or taste but damn its strong weed so I don’t know if it’s got any cbd in it if it has it’s not much by the effects but it’s hard to tell obviously. I won’t be growing any more of that wank breeders strains again tho that’s for sure. 

but yea this was jus a heads up for anyone in a similar position. It works and is perfectly safe for dogs regardless of what it states almost universally online that cannabis is a poison to dogs so was abit cautious at first but membered he had been twice stoned before when he ate the remains of my bho’d weed like over an oz an he was fine the next day if not extremely stoned. It most certainly is not a poison and is not harmful to them in any way. They are mammals after all an most if not all mammals have an endo- cannabinoid system. 

• Like 6

a vet wrote a small book about the positive effects of cannabis on dogs dude and the canna + canine thing is massive in the usa

you did good mate :stoned: 

• Like 2