Cannabis tincture and cannabis oil

DANZIG

Was looking for some info regarding tinctures and saw this thread was active recently so thought I'd add my experiences...

I had 3 good plants earlier this year,at harvest made 3 piles of best buds,small buds/trim and the rest....

Kept best buds for pipe and decided to try a tincture,having never done so before,did the research,checked the web,got confused and just went for it using what materials I had....

2 pint 'kilner' type jar

slow cooker

coffee pot with filter papers

clean hankerchief or similar

bottle of malt whisky

ginger

'runny' honey

small buds/trim..

Take enough buds/trim to 3/4 fill jar and put in paper bag....put bag in freezer overnight.(free's up trichomes)...

next day I put chopped greens on greaseproof paper/baking tray in lowest set oven for 3/4 hour.(decarb)...

put broken up greens and optional ginger in jar and add enough whisky to cover,close jar and shake well for about 10 min...

put jar in cold fridge for an hour or two,shake well again and strain through hankerchief into clean bowl.(gloves help squeeze as much juice as possible)...

clean and dry kilner jar,put strained juice back in and replace in fridge,leave about 2/3 days to settle out and absorb beneficial goodness...

Strain mixture through paper coffee filter(filters clog up easily,so a few may be needed),and repeat at least once more...

1/2 fill slow cooker with water...bring up to as warm as it gets and place jar with mixture into pot,reduce mixture by about 30%,resulting in alcohol being boiled off leaving only flavour and goodness....add a good squirt of runny honey and place back in slow cooker...reduce level down to where it was before...

First attempt at making this produced a deep golden/green mixture,1/2 teaspoon kicked my a**e...

Have made 2 more batches with differing ammounts of herbs,malts,honey...trying different soak and heat timings,as usual it is all dependant on what works for you and quality of ingredients used.......

Experimented trying it under the tongue,in my tea and coffee..tried it on madeira cake and gingerbread and finally on ice cream...

Using this mix has cut down my smoking a great deal and my use of prescribed morphine...

• Like 5

• 11 months later...

Hi guys I was showed a way to make oil through the process of putting the buds into a tube like object which was then flushed through using lighter gas onto a plate on top of hot water ?? This was a few years back am I right in this method and if so what is the name of the instrument that holds the herb and has the sag sprayed through it??? Many thanks people any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi guys I was showed a way to make oil through the process of putting the buds into a tube like object which was then flushed through using lighter gas onto a plate on top of hot water ?? This was a few years back am I right in this method and if so what is the name of the instrument that holds the herb and has the sag sprayed through it??? Many thanks people any help would be greatly appreciated

It's a BHO (butane honey oil) extractor you're looking for mate

It's a BHO (butane honey oil) extractor you're looking for mate

And do I have to add anything to the herb is it a straight forward process of spraying the gas through??

And do I have to add anything to the herb is it a straight forward process of spraying the gas through??

I've never used this method myself as I'm dangerous enough without the addition of explosive gas to play with so I'll have to leave that question for someone else.

:oldtoker:

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a straightforward process of spraying the gas through the tube, evaporating it from your end product before storing/using.

Edited by Twisted Rizla
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
Guest cowardlycustard

custard apologizes to any admins reading this but feels he has to say something speaking from experience. if you are having any trouble finding 90%+ food safe ethanol you should buy a smartstill and distill your own from shop bought cheap vodka. custard has a thing in the recipes section.of the sensi forum and if you want to make a broad spectrum oral therapeutic that you can drink he suggests you look there.

again my apologies to any admin reading this for mentioning another forum but i think people need to read it if they are considering making oil as a medicine.

sorry owderb. custard says if this is out of line feel free to remove this comment.

Guest cowardlycustard

custard says if you want to make concretes with gas you had better have vacuum equipment capable of drawing out the gas before you think about smoking it.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone tried multiple methods of making tincture? Short,long, cold, warm, crock pot, slow cooker plus many more ways of doing it. I haven't tried it yet but it's hard to decide which method to use. Time is no issue, just want quality! And yes I will have quality nugs to use not cabbage

Has anyone tried multiple methods of making tincture? Short,long, cold, warm, crock pot, slow cooker plus many more ways of doing it. I haven't tried it yet but it's hard to decide which method to use. Time is no issue, just want quality! And yes I will have quality nugs to use not cabbage

I'm 90% sure Mr Bond was doing comparison tests and had a thread

eta Graywolf did a lot of work with tinctures mate search for tincture

Edited by Jimboo

@@beast 420

I'm 90% sure Mr Bond was doing comparison tests and had a thread

eta Graywolf did a lot of work with tinctures mate search for tincture

Yeah Graywolf knows his stuff on such issues,but not sure if he's still here.His website is full of good info and can be found if you search for skunkpharmresearch.

Not sure if there are any comparative studies but most methods of extraction are covered there in more detail than here.

:smokin:

Gumbo.

• Like 1

an oz of herb...

A few oz's(5) of good % booze and let it soak for a couple hours at room temp.

will give you a tincture of about 25 mg's/ I ml there abouts.... just off the top of my head lol ...so..I could be wrong

you get 4 to 5 grams of oil from an OZ of herb

1 oz is 29 mil

1000/40 mill =25 mgs/mill ??? :unsure:

hell...Ive been meaning to try it.. so..... :)

Ill get back to you in a couple days om that eh

Edited by gb1

@@gb1

That just doesn't sound long enough. I'm assuming the longer you leave it, the higher the potency/mg per litre ?

Fuck I can't wait for harvest to try this !

doesn't take long to rid herb of 80% of its cannabinoids. You could always heat it if you wish.

I wash herb for only minutes AT freezing temps with 99% IPA to rid it of most meds.

I do a second wash for the remaining 20% but you're not making oil after all.