Cannabis tincture and cannabis oil

DANZIG

Does anyone know if It's possible to use coffee filters for pressing or do I need to get proper filters? :smokin:

Ive been tidying things up recently and only have a few fluid oz of tincture left ,So i decided to add it to some more bud ive only ever used the cold soak method before but after reading that post by Gray Wolf i want to use some heat,Any idea how to get the temps required using bog standard kitchen appliances.I was thinking bain marie or would it work if i stuck it in a pyrex dish and shoved it in the oven, tia

I bought a food temp gauge for a few quid, you know, one of those that you stick into meat to test it's temperature. It can also be used in water and liquids so I thought it would be good to use it to both stir the tincture and check temps at the same time, it's all digital and very accurate. Think it was £5 or so mate. :smokin: Edited by Mr Bond
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if It's possible to use coffee filters for pressing or do I need to get proper filters? :smokin:

I bought a food temp gauge for a few quid, you know, one of those that you stick into meat to test it's temperature. It can also be used in water and liquids so I thought it would be good to use it to both stir the tincture and check temps at the same time, it's all digital and very accurate. Think it was £5 or so mate. :smokin:

@Mr Bond It dosnt seem to want to run through a coffee filter mate

• Like 1

I rendered a quarter of fresh plants into tinc. I used 200ml glycerine. It's made me enough tinc to last maybe three or four months! I'm going to add blueberry syrup to it.

Sorry, cured not fresh. I decarbed in the slow cooker itself.

@Mr Bond It dosnt seem to want to run through a coffee filter mate

Do you think I could use a pair of women's tights? lol Serious question though Jimboo. And no I don't have any personally I'd have to go and buy some...... :) Edited by Mr Bond

Do you think I could use a pair of tights? lol Serious question though Jimboo. :)

mate last time i used a clean cloth when its cool you can give it a good squeeze,You will get a certain amount of sediment but unless you are a big girlie it shouldnt bother you, On a couple of occaisions i have got some of it on my fingers and without thinking licked my fingers,it kicks in fast mate lol maybe wear gloves lol

• Like 1

@Mr Bond mate im off the booze but if i wasnt i would add some cheap brandy or the likes to the leftover weed and let it sit for a month or 2 lol

eta purely for medicinal purposes lol

Edited by Jimboo

@@Jimboo me too mate. 9 months now. lol Well done us, much back patting all round. :hug:

The alcohol tincture sounds lethal but I figured it was counter what I am trying to achieve which is a poison free body which is why I went down the glycerin route. Hopefully it will be as effective as the vape although nothing has been measured and I just shoved loads of fresh bud (no trim) into a 500ml Kilner and then covered it in glyc, been shacking it several times daily for. 3 months now. A labour of love if ever there was one. :)

• Like 2

mate i cannot get a consistent hit of it sometimes i nearly whitey other times a nice mellow long stone,During the week i took it a few times deliberately and it was just a mellow stone another time i spilled some when i was adding it to some more bud and i licked it off my fingers and within a min i had to come in from the kitchen and sit down good luck let us know how you get on

my original tinct was 14g of bud per 200mls

• Like 1

Pretty much the same as me mate, bout half ounce in 200mls. Are you doing a few drops at a time the Jimboo? I was thinking on doing maybe 3 on the first go and see what happens.

Clearing my schedule though in case of afore mentioned whitey situation :)

Pretty much the same as me mate, bout half ounce in 200mls. Are you doing a few drops at a time the Jimboo? I was thinking on doing maybe 3 on the first go and see what happens.

Clearing my schedule though in case of afore mentioned whitey situation :)

im doing maybe half a teaspoonful lol the whitey isnt long lasting mate and fades away to almost nothing within a few mins mate clean your teeth or rinse your mouth before you try it ,When i was seeing if it would go through coffee filters earlier for you ,I had a wee sip and nothing happened but that was after some chicken and potatoe salad im wondering is that because there was a film of food/oil/fat in my mouth

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 1

Half a teaspoon ! Hahaha lol I'd of been sat here like a right pillock waiting for the effects of 3 drops...

@Mr Bond you could start with 3 and work your way up,Mate sublingually you dont have to wait too long you should feel it after a min