Different strains same buzz?

Slippy One

@blackpoolbouncer she crosses really nice actually have you ever tried BG's Apollo Haze? 

Using a Super Silver Grail Haze male, we pollinated the famous Genius clone to create this monster hybrid. The SSGH male is the result of legendary Cinderella 99 (The Grail) to a very select Super Silver Haze male. The result of a recombination of these genes unlocked a real jewel; this male added potency, vigorous growth, and large, strong branches to the progeny. Apollo Haze aromas range from the spicy, lime/citrus fuel of Genius to the sweet, intoxicating tropical fruits like elderberries & black currents with a mildly Haze influenced afternote. TIME: 63-70 days. YIELD: Indoor/6-8 ounces per plant; outdoors/double the indoor grow. GROW: We recommend growing in its natural shape without topping it and with a central stake. Branch support is recommended.

:yep:

• Like 5

Thats the inverse version of one the planned crosses but obviously using a c99 father to my ssh mum. 

Good to know. Its genetic make up should mean lots of good combinational ability with the genetics I'm working with as you know. 

I only mention it about being crossed to the headbangerxopg because imo thats pretty hair-raising stuff on its own.

SSH x C99 is one of my planned crosses I'm most looking forward to Tbh. 

@OldFord I'd love to recommend you something exotic to grow with light deprivation outdoors but I'm not the man to ask. It's not my forte anymore.

Me and some friends were only talking yesterday about how we could find a way to do a light dep, heated polytunnel grow of Colombian gold lol

Even for a resourceful man like me that pushing it. 

Sorry I can't be of much more help but perhaps @panik and @Amarillo slim could chime in with some recommendations of something a bit differedifferent for a connoisseur 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 6

Just now, blackpoolbouncer said:

Thats the inverse version of one the planned crosses but obviously using a c99 father to my ssh mum. 

Good to know. Its genetic make up should mean lots of good combinational ability with the genetics I'm working with as you know. 

I only mention it about being crossed to the headbangerxopg because imo thats pretty hair-raising stuff on its own.

SSH x C99 is one of my planned crosses I'm most looking forward to Tbh. 

@OldFord I'd love to recommend you something exotic to grow with light deprivation outdoors but I'm not the man to ask. It's not my forte anymore.

Me and some friends were only talking yesterday about how we could find a way to do a light dep, heated polytunnel grow of Colombian gold lol

Even for a resourceful man like me that pushing it. 

Sorry I can't be of much more help but perhaps @panik and @Amarillo slim could chime in with some recommendations of something a bit different for a connoisseur 

Thanks for taking the time to reply sir , much appreciated :yep:      I have a few haze variations i want to try along with Alfemco & RGSC , Sagarmatha goodies.  

I have made the grow frame up and from sizing against current ladies and leaving extra height for the more exotics,  im guessing i have around 18 spaces in next years light dep venture :) 

Really not impressed with the general election i have out at present hence looking to widen my options.    Thanks again.   

• Like 5

Not many banks focus on long flowering varieties because that's not  what the market demands, they just simply won't sell them in the numbers they need too.

Sillly long flowering varieties will never have a  massive market amongst this generations stoners, those days are long  gone.

The majority  of people that smoke weed these days want powerful,  short flowering  KO weed.

• Like 9

@OldFord have a look at Bone Yard Seeds Haze 4 Dayz

Here's a description:

HAZE-4-DAYZ aka ORIGINAL HAZE F4 Original Haze f3 x Original Haze f3

15 regular seeds per pack.

Flower time: 14-20 week. She is recommended for outdoors but with proper training she can be grown indoor. I’d recommend a sea of green with a short flower time as she stretches 300-400% inside. She likes extra 730nm spectrum at lights out to help convert pfr/pr which helps speed flower transition indoors and will help her finish faster. 

Weight: This girl gets massive she can reach 15-20 ft in 60 gallon pots.

She finished at 18ft in photos.

Structure:She is a giant stretching tree. She grows rapidly and takes to training well from her plastic fantastic branching. They can handle lots of wind but will benefit from screen of green, or sea of green indoors. She stretches 300-400% inside.

SMELL: Cat piss, fresh cedar and incense.

She is great for breeding to slower and more compact varietals. She helps open their structure up so they allow more light to hit more exposed trichomes.

Worth keeping in mind this guy is based in Nor Cal but he knows his shit and this by all accounts is proper Haze I'd love to give it a bash some time but as you can see from the description it'd be quite the undertaking.

• Like 3

Just now, HazyDaze said:

Not many banks focus on long flowering varieties because that's not  what the market demands, they just simply won't sell them in the numbers they need too.

Sillly long flowering varieties will never have a  massive market amongst this generations stoners, those days are long  gone.

The majority  of people that smoke weed these days want powerful,  short flowering  KO weed.

The more i am delving into strains & genes the more i am drawing to your conclusion HazyDave.     My GG's over the years have been a few years behind the current mainstream hyped up strains, dont get me wrong i have had / found some really nice medicine but it can be a bit samey.    I want to keep the garden grows to something more exotic , i will keep my autos as i enjoy growing them to see what i can find.  ... no interest in end weight & not taking up valuable space +  being outdoors i have almost no expense to cover during the grow like the indoor guys. 

Time will tell and im sure i can populate the frame with something more unusual :yep:    Finding out if it will come to fruition at the end of the grow is all part of the fun, nothing ventured nothing lost and all that :) 

• Like 5

thank you kindly @NezA    That looks to tick all the boxes sir :yep: 

I am fit enough to do GG next year and that will be my staples , the garden will be more unusual strains .... just to push my patience and lack of skill set :)      

• Like 3

Just now, NezA said:

Weight: This girl gets massive she can reach 15-20 ft in 60 gallon pots.

You know they mean business when they measure weight in feet lol

• Like 6

@latigid aikon you should see some of his Instagram posts they're riddled with typos and mistakes lol but I think that's more because his brain is operating so fast his fingers can't really keep up.

He's one of the breeders I really respect he's not interested in running a polished operation. All he cares about is the plant and what it can do for people. He's like no one else I follow. Mad dedication. He also has the craziest story.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, NezA said:

SMELL: Cat piss, fresh cedar and incense.

Now that is a bit of me right there :naughty: 14-20 weeks is a commitment though thats for sure

• Like 2

6 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Don't fancy testing some florida man x C99 beans for me then?  @Exhalelol

I've never smoked straight c99 but from what I gather it is one of those exceptions to the rule with regards effect and short flowering. 

I figure would make a good dad to some of the sat hybrids I run to keep the flower times down without losing effect.

I bet crossing c99 to my florida man headbanger cut would be pretty hair-raising. Whole lotta crazy there for a 10 weeker there I bet lol

That's interesting that you have this view, one I share.

I've been growing bg c99 on and off since the original. 

Fwiw, I still think the original is the best, I had 2 lovely phenos. I had a very sickly smelling plant and a very grapefruit plant before (hence my name). 

But after a few grows I assumed all seeds would be as good and ditched them. Oh well. Live and learn.....

What I like with c99 is it is quick, easy and pretty strong. Not the biggest yielder but the buds are compact and IME fairly mould free. It's a very forgiving plant and one I'd recommend to beginners.

What I don't like is the reduction in taste and smell from the original. It's more bland now. Now it's more floral, lighter, less intense. Still nice but lacking the intensity and depth before. It used to be a real creeeper. Would take 15 mins before the effect would kick in. Many a friend skinned up and toked a second before the first hit and more often than not a slightly uncomfortable half an hour would kick in... I did warn them but they just took it as a challenge..

When pressed I get 27% every time. Very floral rosin. Very easy vape with a good hit. It also bubble hashes well.

I'm actually harvesting 2 c99 tomorrow after 59 days flowering. The bx2 psychosis have another 2 weeks at least but with a bigger yield.

I am certainly very interested in any crosses that you might produce. 

Edited by M Pamplemousse
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Exhale said:

@blackpoolbouncer she crosses really nice actually have you ever tried BG's Apollo Haze? 

Using a Super Silver Grail Haze male, we pollinated the famous Genius clone to create this monster hybrid. The SSGH male is the result of legendary Cinderella 99 (The Grail) to a very select Super Silver Haze male. The result of a recombination of these genes unlocked a real jewel; this male added potency, vigorous growth, and large, strong branches to the progeny. Apollo Haze aromas range from the spicy, lime/citrus fuel of Genius to the sweet, intoxicating tropical fruits like elderberries & black currents with a mildly Haze influenced afternote. TIME: 63-70 days. YIELD: Indoor/6-8 ounces per plant; outdoors/double the indoor grow. GROW: We recommend growing in its natural shape without topping it and with a central stake. Branch support is recommended.

:yep:

This is terrific news but I'm only interested in what the buzz is like. Cut's through like a Samurai sword? Energetic creative buzz? Deep thinking 5hr odyssey best suited for pain and muscle spasms?

berries schmerries lol

• Like 1

Just now, Slippy One said:

This is terrific news but I'm only interested in what the buzz is like. Cut's through like a Samurai sword? Energetic creative buzz? Deep thinking 5hr odyssey best suited for pain and muscle spasms?

It's a very social uplifting buzz!

• Like 4