Different strains same buzz?

Slippy One

I'm not sure it's as simple as Indica vs Sativa...

When I was younger I would use landrace African Sativa to help me sleep.

:shrug:

Edited by Justanotherdude
Ed: words
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cajafiesta said:

@silvester growdrobe ironic- I just peeked at the Lao plant and it’s gone herm. I dunno how I missed it. Just chopped it down. 

so much for that experiment. Onward and upward. I will retry, adjusting in an attempt for success on round two.

This is what I'm dreading. I bought regular, non femmed seeds to try and mitigate hermies..

7 minutes ago, Justanotherdude said:

I'm not sure it's as simple as Indica vs Sativa...

When I was younger I would use landrace African Sativa to help me sleep.

:shrug:

There was a science report I read last year that said about the effect of Sativa and Indica effect not being as black and white as most people think. You do get Satvias that have Indica effects and viceversa. It's due to cannabinoids ratios and while most Sativas and Indica do protray the effect we link to them it's not set in stone, as you will get some Sativa/Indica having the ratios of it counterpart.

Could all be bollox of course but sound plausible on paper lol

• Like 5

Guest Default Attribute

Yeah I agree most weed has the same effect these days, especially if you are buying gelato and wedding cake and all that rubbish.

Most unique high i have had was from a tall pheno of smellyberry, that was out of this world didn’t feel like anything ive ever had before

10 minutes ago, Default Attribute said:

most weed has the same effect these days, especially if you are buying gelato and wedding cake and all that rubbish.

To put that into an analogy that's a bit like buying a bar of cadburys dairy milk, a bar of cadburies fruit and nut and a bar of Cadbury whole nut and saying that all all chocolate tastes the same or being suprised when other than the small addition of the nuts etc that largely it is exactly the same.

Cannabis that most people buy and indeed growing these days is all 8 week stuff and most of the latest hype as illustrated in this post and the one I quoted is from a very restricted gene pool. 

Be adventurous people. Don't be suprosed when an 8 week strain has a the same buzz as the other 50 8 week strains that are 90% the same genetic make up, some gsc or skunk variant no doubt.

This camabis market driven by quick harvests, pretty pictures and money means that actually. Most of the really good cannabis has no platform or on the radar for 95%+ of weed users other than for connoisseur growers.

Hands up how many here have grown plants that take more than 12 weeks to flower and that think the buzz is always the same? 

None? 

Quell suprise

lol stick a Colombian gold in the tent next to your wedding cake and tell me they the same lollol

People want to taste the rainbow of flavours and then go and buy coca Cola, Pepsi, rola Cola, diet coke, and a coke zero and then moan its all the same when all it woukd have taken was to do a bit of thinking and bought a Fanta, a lilt, a milkshake and a bottle of coke instead 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 24

42 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Banana strawberry gelato milkshake. Brought to you by HSO seed company. lol

Sadly that's what sells.  

The corner of the market working towards exceptional cannabis is very small compared to the corner of the market thats just there to sell a product to make money selling names.

Good cannabis is lost in today's market. It has little to no commercial value and isn't good for nug pics in isnta for the generation that things rock hard golf balls of rolled up mangled machine trim weed thats looks like it's been vacuum sealed between someone butt crack and is purple is the be all and end all. If it hasn't a z in its name or a hashtag associated it might as well be cabbage. 

It's more about the brand and the merch than the weed these days. 

I've said it before and I'll day it again. "Fuck the hype". Which coincidentally is now officially my slogan as a seed maker/breeder/man in it for the love

Edit. That's not to say there isnt some good stuff coming out of these modern crosses but they are mostly clone only sports that took several hundred plant pheno hunts to find and even a lot of these aren't THAT good and certainly are all very samey high wise but some good terpene profiles coming out. Runtz being a good example. Nice. Not exceptional or anywhere near legendary. Bit look at the seed sales generated off the back of that name. The clone people pay 2k for isn't even exceptional, never mind the incredibly unstable offspring it produces.

But cos its got runtz in the name it must be good.

In my library I have the actual durbanf1 mother used to create gsc by cookie family collective but how many beans is that gonna sell off it name if I cross it to something......Next to none because there's no hype around it even though its probably one of the most important and infulencial mother plants used in recent times thats spawned this whole craze and launched a brand and is basically what makes cookies cookies.

I run the risk of sounding bitter and disillusioned and ranty. I'm not at all. Just sad to see the way the market is going. 

Now is the time more important than ever to put your time into seed making. Preservation of old clones and lines and a push back against mediocrity and invest your time and money in something that love and care has gone into. You might find you get an handmade artisan woolen jumper instead of being stuck with a primark vest lol

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 24

Literally popped a couple of ESB beans the other night looking forward to having something a bit different in the stash.

Not anything truly exotic like a 14-16 weeker but still very much looking forward to sampling it.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, NezA said:

iterally popped a couple of ESB beans the other night looking forward to having something a bit different in the stash.

Waiting for Joolz to get more in, really interested in Ot1's work with Blueberry and the Nigerian Skunk has me interested too :yep:

• Like 8

Just now, Exhale said:

Waiting for Joolz to get more in, really interested in Ot1's work with Blueberry and the Nigerian Skunk has me interested too :yep:

Was sat there the other day deciding which beans to pop and was a toss up between esb and c99. ( @NezA we nearly ended up popping esb on the same day lol )

Only ended up picking c99 because it fits in with my breeding program and when I do esb it probably won't be used in any outcrosses unless a sport of a girl pops up. The boys in that pack are for the girls in that pack only.

Looking forward to seeing how nezas turn out.

• Like 5

@blackpoolbouncer careful with that Cindy she can be a bit of a pokey bitch!

I've had weed give me the paranoia before but was manageable, Cindy was almost like that uncomfortable experience you get when you have a bit of a bad trip.

Whenever I think of it I always get the bit from Apocalypse Now loop through my head "the horror, the horror, the horror" lol 

• Like 11

Don't fancy testing some florida man x C99 beans for me then?  @Exhalelol

I've never smoked straight c99 but from what I gather it is one of those exceptions to the rule with regards effect and short flowering. 

I figure would make a good dad to some of the sat hybrids I run to keep the flower times down without losing effect.

I bet crossing c99 to my florida man headbanger cut would be pretty hair-raising. Whole lotta crazy there for a 10 weeker there I bet lol

• Like 6

2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

To put that into an analogy that's a bit like buying a bar of cadburys dairy milk, a bar of cadburies fruit and nut and a bar of Cadbury whole nut and saying that all all chocolate tastes the same or being suprised when other than the small addition of the nuts etc that largely it is exactly the same.

Cannabis that most people buy and indeed growing these days is all 8 week stuff and most of the latest hype as illustrated in this post and the one I quoted is from a very restricted gene pool. 

Be adventurous people. Don't be suprosed when an 8 week strain has a the same buzz as the other 50 8 week strains that are 90% the same genetic make up, some gsc or skunk variant no doubt.

This camabis market driven by quick harvests, pretty pictures and money means that actually. Most of the really good cannabis has no platform or on the radar for 95%+ of weed users other than for connoisseur growers.

Hands up how many here have grown plants that take more than 12 weeks to flower and that think the buzz is always the same? 

None? 

Quell suprise

lol stick a Colombian gold in the tent next to your wedding cake and tell me they the same lollol

People want to taste the rainbow of flavours and then go and buy coca Cola, Pepsi, rola Cola, diet coke, and a coke zero and then moan its all the same when all it woukd have taken was to do a bit of thinking and bought a Fanta, a lilt, a milkshake and a bottle of coke instead 

Having very limited knowledge in most aspects of our medicine compared to you and so many others on here,  i do read as much as poss but find i absorb it better by doing no reading.

I only run outdoors and have been trying various techniques as well as trying to introduce new gene pool options to the garden.   The western winds i did this year was hard work but very rewarding in the end results.   I will be utilising genetics from Alfemco & RGSC next year but i would also like to come away from the murky same same pool of the current favs.

I normally add some staples but would like to diversify into lesser utilised genetics by means of light dep ,  i have no interest in weight just quality and couldnt care less if it runs for 

12+ wks.   

Is there anything you could suggest looking at that would fit the bill ?   Basically i dont want to invest my time in something that simply wont take the outdoor elements during the light dep run.   Any insights into genetics poss suitable would be very much appreciated.   PM if you dont want to make it public ,  i put this on here as i can imagine theres lots of people picking your brains and you must be a busy boy :)       Thanks 

• Like 4