Mtc oil infusion tincture using magicalbutter machine advised please

syrus420

Sorry mate it is strong enough. Doing 3ml is good for me. I just don't think il drop under the tongue with one again. Guess in looking for a recipe for that.

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 1

Just now, growinggold said:

@syrus420 sorry for side tracking your thread bud. I know I'm talking about an alcohol tincture here, but I guess it work the same in MCT oil which I will make when it arrives 

I've really enjoyed my first tincture run. Got a couple of questions before I do my next, next one I want it to be knock out strong.

Do you mix strains when you do a batch?

Will this give the entourage effect? 

I was going to double my bud quant and use a Indica rather than sativa Dom hybrid. 

-500ml polish spirit 95%

-2oz cream caramel, or maybe mix some red poison in two, defo be 2 Oz though. 

-8 hour run

Thanks.

Don't be sorry :yinyang: dude its been interesting  Knowledge is wealth the more the better :rockon: I mix strains all tho I do like to make a staiva one for day time use... yeah very similar methods am inching to make mine got a couple weeks yet tho ..  I did the maths last night 120 grams of flower to 2 cups of mtc oil should give me 17280 mg of thc n 180mg per teaspoon 

• Like 3

I'm going to try this tomorrow hopefully, really not sure on dosage but I think you might struggle to get 4oz in there. I'll do 2 cups, most likely 2 oz

• Like 3

I done 18 grams of a 7 day cured ayahuasca purple to half a litre of c8 mct oil today, added a bit of orange extract and gave it 2 hours, tastes fantastic and a spoonful is pretty dam potent :yinyang:  

• Like 4

On 10/01/2021 at 7:44 PM, highcontrast said:

a spoonful is pretty dam potent

Teaspoon or tablespoon?

I made my mct oil today, been microdosing it through the day. I started off with two 000 capsules, then had another an hour later, then a couple of hours after had another one. Felt chilled enough and i've not wanted to have a smoke yet so that's good. I think this will be much stronger than my olive oils i've done, i put 2oz in 600ml, so a tablespoon should ruin me really. I'll try it tomorrow, too late now really. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KC said:

Teaspoon or tablespoon?

teaspoon for me, which sort of works out to be roughly 2 size 00 caps.

I run a few ounces of trim for 2 hours in half a litre and that's a half teaspoon in the morning job which provides a heavy stone pretty much all day,  I also have a jar of the subbie seeds konacookie oil but its stupidly potent, even diluted 1:1 it's still too much for me.  

Im going to re-run the ayahuasca batch i done the other day and add another o/z to it, it was decent but short lived and repeating another teaspoon achieved nothing

@KC is the plan to quit smoking all together? 

• Like 3

Did an 8hours tincture run last night. Mrs lost her shit after the 40g decarb, so much so I had to run the magic butter machine in the shed to keep the peace.

Is there any way I can debarb smell free?

Im using the magic butter decarb box, could I also put a plastic cooking bag around the box try keep a little more the smell in? 

Any ideas? Thanks.

• Like 3

yeah burn some toast when you open that decarb box lid :D 

I don't see why you can't use an oven bag inside the box, then open the box after decarb outside in the shed to let the smell fuck off outside. 

I think the only way for smell free would be the water bath method, and even then your have the same problem when opening the bags.

Much easier to ditch the wife in this situation tho :D

• Like 4

Oven decarb is smelly, inaccurate and rubbish compared to oil decarb. Most slow cookers have a ‘low’ function that heats the oil to exactly 120°. Just put your buds in and stir for 1-2hrs with the lid on. Smell is very faint as the oil absorbs the smell. 

Heating weed in the oven also stinks the oven put for days.. 

• Like 4

when messuring my temperatures with laser meter what I have noticed is if you still have a bit of solvent left in your oil -let's say ethanol,even if you put it inside hot oil bath 120C the decarbolization will not start right away,1st it will be thew ethanol to evaporate-which is at about 80C

when decarbing your oil you have to watch for those small CO2 bubbles -when they stop forming you are done

when I have sent oil sample for testing dwhich was done in slow cooker the test showed it wasn't decarbed properly CBDA and THCA high levels in there,so keep this in mind

maybe some of you not decarbing properly,hence you not getting the proper effects

• Like 5

3 hours ago, joba said:

when decarbing your oil you have to watch for those small CO2 bubbles -when they stop forming you are done

This^^

large.5f189daf615a1_PNGimage.pnglarge.5f189da4b7cd0_PNGimage5.pnglarge.5f189da322825_PNGimage6.png

And using dry sift is easier, cheaper, cleaner and safer than ethanol. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, growinggold said:

Did an 8hours tincture run last night. Mrs lost her shit after the 40g decarb, so much so I had to run the magic butter machine in the shed to keep the peace.

Is there any way I can debarb smell free?

Im using the magic butter decarb box, could I also put a plastic cooking bag around the box try keep a little more the smell in? 

Any ideas? Thanks.

How is it  on the 8 hour tincture dude ? Did u add lecithin? I am inching to get mine in chopped the ladys last night n order some 1kg silica bags to help speed up the drying should be here tomorrow. Does it matter how fast it drys if its going in oli n not beening smoked? Should be dry by weekend :magic:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, highcontrast said:

teaspoon for me, which sort of works out to be roughly 2 size 00 caps.

That's never right mate, a 000 is just over 1ml and that's the big capsule. A teaspoon is 5ml i believe.

13 hours ago, highcontrast said:

@KC is the plan to quit smoking all together? 

I doubt it mate, I hardly smoke much now so the odd one now and again won't hurt. I think because i cut down so much i enjoy it again. I went right off it for awhile. I got my pax2, but i'd love the hybrid volcano, it's 500 notes though so it'll have to wait, i'm after a l.e.d

• Like 2

@syrus420 not tried my 8 hour mix strains tincture run, will try tonight after work and workout. No you don't need to add letchin to alcohol tinctures the alcohol bonds to thc. It's only oil based product that needs let him,   butter, coconut oil, MCT oil ect.  

Wooo dude I would never add Silca to dry. Leave that well alone. A slow steady dry is good dry. Two weeks in the dark at around 17-19c at 65% should see you right. Don't rush drying you will strip your buds of flavours.  Take you time please. 

• Like 4