Mtc oil infusion tincture using magicalbutter machine advised please

syrus420

7 minutes ago, growinggold said:

Sorry @highcontrast what do you mean dilute 1:1.  1 spoon of canna MCT oil to 1 spoon or normal MCT oil? Sorry bit thick.

after infusion i have a half litre of concentrate, I've then been putting 50mil of the concentrate into a smaller jar and adding 50 mil of plain oil. 

i have some stronger stuff that I've been diluting further also, I leave main concentrate jar alone after infusion so you can adjust your potency as tolerance builds and use your main jar for reference. 

hopefully that makes sense :yinyang:

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, KC said:

I do find if i'd had oil or cannahol I don't find the need to smoke at all really. I'll have a vape sometimes just for the flavour really.

sadly asthma has fucked me for smoking, i can’t even vape. I miss being able to medicate on the fly too and now my taste buds are slowly returning I'm realising how rank the oil tastes 

i am tempted to try a press/rosin and see how my lungs react to what I'm guessing will be a smaller irritant but the initial outlay right now is out the question.

• Like 1

@highcontrast Maybe try olive oil mate? When i first tried it i thought it tasted like Granola, which i must admit i don't really like. I'm used to it now, i actually find it quite pleasing (it might be due to association though). I've done three olive oils so far with different weeds and you do get a slightly different flavour but they seem much of a muchness so far. Remember you can infuse other things into the oil too, chilli etc

How about coconut oil, you tried that yet? 

Don't go rushing to buy a press if you're not sure if you can even consume it, they ain't cheap and those dab rigs they smoke it off look rather delicate for me. Who'd have thought getting stoned would be so complicated lol 

• Like 5

I cant believe we have to figure this shit out for ourselves in 2021 

Ive been reluctant to steer away from the mct, i’ve associated some other health benefits from it but i am always open to try something new. 

I removed the blade from the butter machine last night to see how it tastes with just a simple infusion so will pop out and grab some olive oil for a run through today :yep:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, KC said:

Don't forget the lecithin :) 

I adopted that early on from olacs cap thread, really does make the difference don't it :yep: 

Someone's going to have to do an alcohol tincture run through for me, I have no idea what to use and if i add lecithin to that also. My palates very awkward and i really can't stomach the taste of most alcoholic drinks

can i throw half a litre of Jack Daniels in the butter machine ? :ermm:

• Like 3

Just done my first drop of 95% vol alcohol tincture, not really feeling much atm I'll give it 30mmins and do some more. It didn't sting a great deal under tongue tbh and had a weed flavour. @KC you do 15ml per does right? Would that be a full dropper?

• Like 2

No lecithin for the alcohol @highcontrast it's just for binding to lipids/fats

You're better to use something very strong, 80% and over. The 95% one i use is perfect, there's a couple of places that sell it in the uk, it is 31quid a bottle though. You only need a tiny bit, from the 1oz per cup recipe my friend has a 12.5ml shot, i'm greedy and have a 25ml but you won't taste much if it's at the bottom of a long glass. Spirytus Duch Puszczy is the name. I'm glad i ordered it and didn't have to ask for it in the shop. Everclear is the anther one, i think that's American.  

• Like 4

I do 12.5ml in a drink of the stronger one @growinggold. Give it awhile before you take any more mate lol 

Edited by KC
never tried a dropper mate, spirit measure here
  • Like 2

Done another 3 drops. Still not stoned. Thinking in really under dosing here. 15ml is 300 drops according to Google.  Tempted to slam 10ml in my can Dr pepper down it. Is this to hasty? @KC

On plus side hangover is gone. Ha..

• Like 1

3ml in the end of mi Dr pepper got me. Went for walk in the park bloody lovely. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, KC said:

No lecithin for the alcohol @highcontrast it's just for binding to lipids/fats

You're better to use something very strong, 80% and over. The 95% one i use is perfect, there's a couple of places that sell it in the uk, it is 31quid a bottle though. You only need a tiny bit, from the 1oz per cup recipe my friend has a 12.5ml shot, i'm greedy and have a 25ml but you won't taste much if it's at the bottom of a long glass. Spirytus Duch Puszczy is the name. I'm glad i ordered it and didn't have to ask for it in the shop. Everclear is the anther one, i think that's American.  

check inbox

• Like 1

Quick question plants ready any day now how long will i have to leave them to dry for before decarbing?  Can u get away with any early that the usual 2 weeks ?