Mtc oil infusion tincture using magicalbutter machine advised please

syrus420

Good evening hope all is well :bong:I have recently treated my self to a magicalbutter machine for making tinctures as I find them very helpful to keep my fibromyalgia under control.. I have recently been getting a tincture off a well know cannabis  activist lady n its been really effective its says on the bottle whole plant extract in mtc oil ..... I have my plants ready for harvest very soon n want to make tincture .. i will be decarbing my herb then infusing it to mtc oil for 8 hours in the magicalbutter machine (80 grams of flower to 2 cups of mtc  oil.... at 15%thc of flower content should give me about 9000mg of infusion)... will this make me an effected enough infusion  tincture ? Also would u add sunflower lecithin to it ??? (I know it has to be infused in alcohol to be classed as a real tincture) i want to avoid alcohol if possible as it doesn't agree with me ... any advice really appreciated many thanks :yinyang:

• Like 3

I know @growinggold is going to be attempting this soon. I'd never really heard of mtc oil before he mentioned it. I'd be interested to hear how you get along with it, just had a look and it's not cheap, but if it's good i'd like to try it as I want to do capsules, nice and discreet.

I think I usually use 14g per cup when I do olive oil but I was going to try doing it higher strength in coconut oil (where the mcts are from it appears) but i'll give this a go instead I think. Definitely use the lecithin, it helps the goodies bind to the fats. 40g/cup should make it very strong indeed. What you using? trim or decent buds?

Not sure you'd need to do 8 hours ….I do use that for my alcohol, would the coconut oil setting be the one? :unsure:

I keep wanting to make new things but I can't get through it quick enough. you tried olive oil in yet?

• Like 3

I've ordered some MCT oil to my first run. Think I will look to use an Oz an cup. The stuff I got was from websit called piping rock and it was £2.62 473 ml bottle with 69% off for limited time. Not sure on it quality not source but was really cheap compared to others. Delivery was expensive though. But I also go some sunflower lecithin granules at the same place. Hopefully to do my first run soon. Exciting. 

• Like 1

having used mct oil for a while now you want to find a brand your happy with, lecithin i have tried with and without and notice a clear difference when added. Will echo @KC and suggest 2 hours in the butter machine is plenty. 

for reference, half a litre of c8 and an ounce of green with a small teaspoon of lecithin for 2 hours is potent as fuck for me, i have then been diluting down again 1:1 and could probably still dilute more and be happy. 

If you can deal with the smell then experimenting with smaller amounts in a slow cooker is an idea to start with and you can always run the stronger strains twice. Im a fan of the butter machine but it can half chew through a decent sized percy grow very quickly! 

• Like 3

Why MCT oil? 

I would just use coconut oil.  .... Its got MCT in it. 

MCT oil is great stuff though just don't take too much you will shit yourself.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, growinggold said:

What's brand MCT do you use @highcontrast

Have you tried many? 

qetomax or nutravita are my go too, I recall reading early on you want a brand that's clear in colour which both of these are, can't say the same for some of the cheaper stuff on offer

@ScapeGoat me loves a good clear-out  :yep:

• Like 2

@ScapeGoat I've got some unrefined coconut oil from Aldi, I was under the impression this would go back to a solid once made, and there for be hard to mix in with food or drink? How do you dose yours? 

Doesnt MCT stay a liquid?  / Would be easy just to have quick spoonful. 

• Like 2

@growinggold coconut oil takes about 6 seconds to go from a solid state to liquid in your mouth.

Once melted in your mouth it also activates antibacterial properties and help stabilise the ph in your mouth.

Coconut oil is 54% MCT give or take and will have greater spectrum of benefits and multiple uses.

Use it for cooking and your life might change as its the most easily digestible fat on the market.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, KC said:

I know @growinggold is going to be attempting this soon. I'd never really heard of mtc oil before he mentioned it. I'd be interested to hear how you get along with it, just had a look and it's not cheap, but if it's good i'd like to try it as I want to do capsules, nice and discreet.

I think I usually use 14g per cup when I do olive oil but I was going to try doing it higher strength in coconut oil (where the mcts are from it appears) but i'll give this a go instead I think. Definitely use the lecithin, it helps the goodies bind to the fats. 40g/cup should make it very strong indeed. What you using? trim or decent buds?

Not sure you'd need to do 8 hours ….I do use that for my alcohol, would the coconut oil setting be the one? :unsure:

I keep wanting to make new things but I can't get through it quick enough. you tried olive oil in yet?

I will be using full plant buds stems leaves for the first  run about 80 grams in 2 cups mtc ...as I can't combustion these days as my chest is just to bad all that soap bar in the 90s I blame ... what do u recommend for lecithin sunflower or soya ? It has a 4 hour tincture mode so will us that if u think will be OK.. no not done olive oil before.. done coconut oil n vegetable glycerin before .. 

3 hours ago, ScapeGoat said:

Why MCT oil? 

I would just use coconut oil.  .... Its got MCT in it. 

MCT oil is great stuff though just don't take too much you will shit yourself.

Because it stays a liquid n I want to use it as a tincture easily to does i find .. yeah I won't be taking more that a teaspoon a day as I don't want the shits lol

• Like 1

I am using natures aid mtc oil was £11.30 for 500ml its sustainably sourced n local ... would u say a 4 hour infusion on the mbm2 tincture setting be enough then ? Would u use sunflower or soya lecithin? :yinyang:

Makes sense (the comments about dosing). 

I guess this way it could be added to cold drinks also .

MCT is great stuff and if you know anyone with Parkinson's or neurological disorders recommend it to them.

It has many more benefits!

Whats this magical butter thing anyway?

Looks like a blender with a heat function.

I'd rather spend money on a quality blender.

and maybe a second hand heat plate. 

• Like 2

Essential it's an all in one machine with heater grinder and timer, so yeah just set and forget and easy to clean. Has settings for butter, oil, tincture. Give it Google it's really quality and smart tbh.

First run tonight, gonne make 500ml of spiritus 95% tincture with 1oz bud for 8 hours. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, growinggold said:

First run tonight, gonne make 500ml of spiritus 95% tincture with 1oz bud for 8 hours. 

start early so you don't have to listen to that horrible grinding noise randomly through the night :yep: :yinyang:

• Like 2