Mtc oil infusion tincture using magicalbutter machine advised please

syrus420

Hello @KC o was gonnna seal the bag around the box and stick the probe through the bag to but that just defeats the point as there would be a hole in the bag. 

I'll get my next harvest in in month or so time and  reaccess tbh. 

• Like 1

@Jack?  I thought my 2 0z mct is pretty strong and that was in over 2 cups... 600ml I think. I take 10ml say but if you worked out the weight in weed for that 10ml (about a gram) and put that in a spliff you  wouldn't get anywhere near as stoned. Well I wouldn't anyway :smokin: 

• Like 2

I am wondering that. I know alcohol will strip more out but I will increase dosage next time and see. I've got the same weed to put in it too, keeps it comparable 

• Like 1

On 16/02/2021 at 11:38 AM, growinggold said:

Oh yeah bods gonna need a new way to decarb. Mrs lost here shit again. I will need to find a way to devcarb in the shed. Do you think I could do it £50 Argos electric oven?  

Any other ideas. I only really have be electric socket at my disposal. 

Hi @growinggold - what you should use is a sous vide or slow cooker and do your decarb in a air tight kilner jar. There is no smell with this method and you have the perfect decarb because of the temp control.

My method for infusing is decarb for 2 hours @ 195f

Then add my oil + leitecin into the same jar with my decarbed cannabis and leave for 4 hours @ 185f

Google Sous vide weed for further instructions if you need it.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Good Morning/Afternoon

I hope you don't mind me jumping into this thread but I would like to know if anybody at any experience with the nebula boost for decarboxylation, I am at the moment using this speed method but it is quite cumbersome and this little machine is similar to the ardent Nova but is about £100 cheaper, if anyone has any experience with this I would be extremely grateful to hear from you.

Take care have a great day

stillo

• Like 2

@stillo.  I to am looking for better decarb method. What is the speed method?

I've been band from decarbonisation in the house oven/ house.

So my opt is to buy a electric oven (Morphy Richards 23L Rotisserie Mini Oven with Light £80ish) and use it in the shed. However smell again might be an issue. Or get a decarb machine like you mentioned nebula boost? However they only can debarb like a Oz and still says can smell. Is it any good?  Will need to get this sorted next month so I can make more MCT and tincture. Thanks. 

• Like 1

150 notes just to decarb. I suppose it's cheaper than getting busted or divorced. 

I tried the oven bag in the magical box, still smelt a bit. Worth doing though. 

These might be worth looking at. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, growinggold said:

@stillo.  I to am looking for better decarb method. What is the speed method?

I've been band from decarbonisation in the house oven/ house.

So my opt is to buy a electric oven (Morphy Richards 23L Rotisserie Mini Oven with Light £80ish) and use it in the shed. However smell again might be an issue. Or get a decarb machine like you mentioned nebula boost? However they only can debarb like a Oz and still says can smell. Is it any good?  Will need to get this sorted next month so I can make more MCT and tincture. Thanks. 

my apologies I have a problem with my sight and I have to use speech software so that should read sous vide not speed sorry for any confusion

• Like 2

I've got a spare fan and filter I use for any stinky stuff, decarbing, trimming, bubble etc.

Useful to have spares in just in case.

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

No need to apologise @stillo. I am sorry for my badly written posts they must be awful for you to read. I am really interested to see feedback on the nebula boost. They look very simple use and one button operation. 

@KC I can't risk another decarb in the oven it would be game over for my relationship and I don't want to cause any upset tbh.. do you think these electric ovens will have decent deal on them.   Good to know on the box and bag though. 

@Clumsy I do have a smaller 4" rvk and CF in thedl shed which is on the tomato tent atm which I could point at electric oven or decarb Machine. I did think of trying to put an electric oven inside the dp90 tent but thought that recipe for over heat and fire. 

Edited by growinggold
Tags
  • Like 3

Who is still decarbing in the oven? Decarb in oil. As soon as I realised my slow cooker gets cocoa butter to exactly 120C on low, that was it. No smell and a uniform heat. The oil will tell you when the carboxyl group is gone/converted via bubbles, or lack thereof. Want it stronger than you get with buds? Make hash first. :yep:

large.5f189da4b7cd0_PNGimage5.pnglarge.5f189da322825_PNGimage6.png

• Like 3