I'm back with an update on the Automatics. :)  68 days since germination.

After finishing the fast batch in the bonanza, i decided to move the automatic bunch into the bonanza drobe under the LED lights.  I'll be using less electricity this way and the bonanza is signicantly quieter than a tent. win-win! :yep:

Temps in the drobe are good: 20-25C and humidity is goot too: 35-44%

I've been feeding them plain tap water since about a week and plan to chop them very soon, hopefully tomorrow, except for the Jack 47 XL and a Sunset Vibes (isn't Sweet Seeds) which will stay perhaps another week.

A look into the Bonanza with the Automatics

large_229.jpg

Black Jack Auto is very resinous and has a nice sweet smell

large_230.jpg

Jack 47 XL Auto is not quite as dense as the other autos, but still has an big central bud. 

large_235.jpg

Jack 47 XL Auto still requires a week or 10 days.  She will probably beef up some more.   Her smell is very similar to the original Jack 47 - strong lemon chemical.

large_237.jpg

Sweet Gelato Auto performing really well.  Probably one of my favourite auto strains.

large_231.jpg

Sweet Gelato Auto

large_236.jpg

Sweet Gelato Auto

large_232.jpglarge_238.jpg

Sweet Gelato Auto

large_233.jpglarge_239.jpg

Sweet Gelato Auto

large_234.jpg

As you can see, the autos are doing fairly well and basically ready for the chop.  But they need to wait their turn, cause i'm planning to chop the remaining lot in the tent first.  I'll be taking the final pictures of the "standard" batch tonight during the chop as well. 

AT :oldtoker:

• Like 15

"autos are doing fairly well" lol

They look stunning @AustrianToker, beautiful, frosty buds. Not hanging around either, very well done, top job :yep:

Looks like you'll be busy chopping, not much trimming to do on the Sweet Gelato tho, looks all bud, very nice :)

Great diary, all the best.

:oldtoker:

• Like 5

Lovely colas on the autos mate, and I like your press. I have one slightly different to yours without the heaxagonal parts and it can be a bitch to open after I've re tightened it down a few times. Like you I use the parchment paper, picked that tip up from this great site many moons ago :) 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Clumsy said:

"autos are doing fairly well" lol

They look stunning @AustrianToker, beautiful, frosty buds. Not hanging around either, very well done, top job :yep:

Looks like you'll be busy chopping, not much trimming to do on the Sweet Gelato tho, looks all bud, very nice :)

Great diary, all the best.

:oldtoker:

"autos are doing fairly well" my humble try at being humble. lol    I have a pretty good chopping routine by now.  Making sure the scissors are clean, rolling a joint, opening a cold beer and i usually put some podcast or stand up comedy on the laptop to listen to, then I'm all set for the chop - 4h go by in a flash. ;)

17 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Lovely colas on the autos mate, and I like your press. I have one slightly different to yours without the heaxagonal parts and it can be a bitch to open after I've re tightened it down a few times. Like you I use the parchment paper, picked that tip up from this great site many moons ago :) 

Thanks buddy! :v:  before getting the press, i used to wrap the scuff in cooking paper and clamp it to the heater. :)  

16 hours ago, ratdog said:

baseball bats anyone? lol:)

:nerd: Did you know, that they sold 500,000 baseball bats in russia in 2016!? But only handfull of baseballs and 1 glove!  lol

16 hours ago, growinggold said:

I may or may not just done a little sex wee. 

Proper sexy stuff.

100% @ratdog

"I may or may not just done a little sex wee."  Does that mean, you can't feel anything down there? Should we be worried? :unsure:  lol

Regardless, the girls appreciated the compliment! ;)

16 hours ago, Punta Roja said:

AT... one word...

Mon-u-mental!

ATB

Thanks and really happy it went this well! :v:

• Like 5

So, I did manage to chop the girls in the tent last night and took some photos. ;)

It was a fairly quick harvest as the colas had very good leaf to bud ratio.    I took them all the way to 73 days of flowering, which is plenty.  They were getting plain water for over a week and most of the top leaves were suffering from scorching.  Some of the tops were still throwing out white pistils, but generally, i think they are well done. :chef:

Black Jack 1

large_240.jpg

Black Jack 1

large_247.jpg

Black Jack 1

large_248.jpg

Black Jack 2

large_241.jpg

Black Jack 2

large_246.jpg

Moving on the Psicodelicia 1

large_245.jpg

Psicodelicia 1

large_244.jpg

Psicodelicia 1

large_249.jpg

Psicodelicia 1

large_250.jpg

Do you remember the freakish looking plant at the beginning? Well Psicodelicia 2 turned into some very serious lady! :wub:

large_242.jpg

Psicodelicia 2

large_243.jpg

Ultra Resinous pheno which has proper silver shinning. Psicodelicia 2

large_251.jpg

Psicodelicia 2

large_252.jpg

Might not be the biggest looking plants, but the buds are rock hard and heavy.  And as you all know, quantity isn't everything... ;)

Glad I'm done in the tent and only got the autos to harvest now.  Hard to believe the growing part of the diary is now coming to an end.  Looking forward to writing the smoke reports...  I must admit that i have been doing some early testing already. :smoke:

Hope you enjoyed the update!

• Like 14

Always nice to have decent leaf to bud ratio for the chop - can be a real hassle if load of little fans all over the place - looking forward to the smoke reports.

• Like 4

great looking plants, the gelato looks beautiful.

Very nice growing, you must be delighted with them

• Like 3

I knew that Psicodelicia 2 was gonna surprise you mate, turned into a right resin monster. Nice one, enjoy your testing :yep: 

• Like 2

Hey @AustrianToker

Thanks for the diary, just been giving it a read, lovely looking girls :thumsup:

I've got a Cream Caramel under LED on BioBizz nutes at the mo and on the upper leaves she has rusty tips and edges which are identical to those on your Sweet Cheese FV (who looks particularly hot btw!)

Did you have any thoughts about what it might have caused it? I can't work out if it's an under/overfeeding issue or if she's got a bit too near the light...

Thought it was interesting as we are both under LED and using Biobizz, and yeah, just interested to see if you had any thoughts?

Cheers dude, hope all's well :yep:

FF

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11.3.2021 at 2:47 PM, highgrower said:

Always nice to have decent leaf to bud ratio for the chop - can be a real hassle if load of little fans all over the place - looking forward to the smoke reports.

They were a charm to trim away with very little popcorn.  Smoke reports are probably going to start next week the FV batch, as they have been in jars for a few weeks now.

On 11.3.2021 at 8:36 PM, badbillybob said:

great looking plants, the gelato looks beautiful.

Very nice growing, you must be delighted with them

Thanks and I'm quite satisfied with the results.  Not the best i've done, but certainly happy with the outcome.  Got lots of testing now to do. :)

On 14.3.2021 at 10:46 PM, jadenugs said:

I knew that Psicodelicia 2 was gonna surprise you mate, turned into a right resin monster. Nice one, enjoy your testing :yep: 

Oh man, i just put Psico 2 into jars yesterday and she is glistening with trichs.  Would be a great hash plant if that's what you desire.  But i like the way she smokes in bud form anyway. 

On 15.3.2021 at 1:08 PM, Freddy_Freekowtski said:

Hey @AustrianToker

Thanks for the diary, just been giving it a read, lovely looking girls :thumsup:

I've got a Cream Caramel under LED on BioBizz nutes at the mo and on the upper leaves she has rusty tips and edges which are identical to those on your Sweet Cheese FV (who looks particularly hot btw!)

Did you have any thoughts about what it might have caused it? I can't work out if it's an under/overfeeding issue or if she's got a bit too near the light...

Thought it was interesting as we are both under LED and using Biobizz, and yeah, just interested to see if you had any thoughts?

Cheers dude, hope all's well :yep:

FF

Hi Freddy.  Sorry for the slight delay in the reply, but here are my thoughts: Rusty tips of leaves are usually signs of overfeeding.  Rusty, necrotic  spots on leaves are usually sign of defiency.   Hard to make a proper diagnosis of what issues you have without seing your plant and knowing the evironment.  I do experience a bit of light burn from the LED.   I have CXM puck system which is pretty intense at full power.  I wish you all the best and hope you get your issues sorted. :v:

Update on Autos coming very soon...

• Like 6

Congratulations on the Merchandise competition win :cheers:

very well composed shot :yep:

KUTGW

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

The automatics got the chop last week. Didn't have time to do the picture edit and upload until now.  We have been experiencing a late winter here and snowboarding has taking over my free time ;)

The auto girls went all the way to 73 days since breaking the surface and took little time to crop at the end.  Once again, the bud to leaf ratio seemed to have made the job easy.

Some of them seem a bit pale, but i have been giving them water for way more then a week.

Black Jack auto in the front and jack 47 on the back right.  The rest are sweet gelatos :)

large_256.jpg

Here another view.  I shouldn't have changed the WB on the cam.   But you get the picture. lol

large_259.jpg

Black Jack Auto stayed a bit shorter then the others, but has very nice dense structure.

large_254.jpg

Black Jack Auto in slightly more natural colours.   Her smell is a bit sweeter then the photoperiod version and very pleasant.

large_255.jpg

Jack 47 XL was the only one i left in the drobe.  Still in there actually and going to crop her tonight.  She didn't seem to stop pushing white pistils

large_260.jpg

Moving on to the Sweet Gelato Autos.  Simply solid strain.  :yep:

large_258.jpglarge_261.jpg

Sweet Gelato hasn't disapointed and the buds are not only great looking, but do have good smoke quality.  Popped another 2 seeds to squeeze another auto grow before the summer heat.

large_262.jpg

Sweet Gelato Auto

large_257.jpg

@Shumroom Thanks buddy! :v: Glad you like the picture.  To reassure you, the content is all legit - i got drunk and high, while no animals were hurt in process.  lol

large_253.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed the last update of living plants. From now on, it will only be smoke reports and my first experience making tincture and canna infused MCT oil.  :naughty:

• Like 6