Welcome Amigos! :D

As a sort of tradition by now, I'll start by thanking Sweet Seeds and their entire team for hosting another edition of the greatest comp in the weed net! :yep: You guys rock, especially in those "challenging" times!

Now let's get to business... :naughty:  I received a few new strains and still had a few more in my stash box, just waiting for the comp to start.  There will be two batches: one batch containing fast flowering strains (8 week flowering) and the other with regular speed strains (9 week flowering). I'll be growing 2 seeds of each strain.

FV Batch (8 weeks)

• Gorilla Girl FV - I've grown the normal Gorilla Girl version a few times and enjoyed every time.  Some strong and tasty smoke and wonder how the FV will compare.
  • Crystal Candy FV - Same story the Gorilla Girl, done the normal version before...
  • Green Poison - This is the first strain I ever grew during the first comp back in 2009.  I remember it being a good smoke - looking forward to travel back in time.
  • Sweet Cheese FV - One of my favorites from the catalogue.  Never seems to disapoint.

large.2.jpg

Normal Batch (9 weeks)

• Sweet Zenzation "Zkittlez" - First time growing this strain.  I've just noticed the name change... are the original packs more valuable now? :upside:
  • Red Hot Cookies - Hoping for some colourful phenos, but my first with her as well
  • Psicodelicia - I think i've mentioned this strain a few times, but keeps returning to my grow room and for good reasons - I just love that strain!
  • Black Jack - Actually, I wanted to get the CBD version for my gf...  sadly, i did a mistake while ordering.... well, the normal Black Jack is still good in my books. Sorry :rolleyes:

large.3.jpg

Nutrients and Additives

• Biobizz All Mix Compost

• Grow - in use only during flowering
  • Bloom - in use only after the 2nd week of flowering
  • Fishmix - mixed into every other feed during flowering
  • Topmax - mixed into every other feed during flowering
  • Root Juice - mixed into every other feed during vegetation
  • CaMg Boost - Mixed into every other feed during flowering from the 3rd week until end of 5th
  • OG Granules - Only used during pot ups

large.1.jpg

The way I  germinate the seeds

Always under the watchful eyes of my trusted accomplice. :cat:

large.4.jpg

I place some Biobizz All Mix compost into a seedling tray. 

large.5.jpg

The compost is evenly spread and slightly compacted, not too much though.

large.6.jpg

Water is sprinkled on the top of the tray and then small holes are made about 5mm deep.

large.7.jpg

Seeds are then selected and placed into holes with the pointy side up! The holes are closed with a pinch of compost.

large.8.jpg

Never forget to label!

large.9.jpg

Tray with the lid is then placed onto a heated pad in the system.  I actually left the light off during the first 24hrs.  I also leave the vent holes closed until first seedlings appear of the ground in a few days hopefully. :guitar:

large_10.jpg

I plan to keep both batches in this system during vegetation and then seperate them when entering flowering.  Possibly flowering the FV batch sooner then the "regular" batch.  I might also only pot up the FV only twice while i will pot up the other batch 3 times.  They will certainly be topped and cuts will also be taken...

System used for vegetation

• Bonanza Box (110x78x160)
  • CXM 320W LED light, courtesy of diyled - dimmed all the way down atm
  • 125mm TD Silent with PK Carbon filter - passiv extraction

The FV batch will remain in this system until the end of flowering, while the normal batch will move into another system.

System used for flowering of the "normal" batch

• Darkbox 120 (120x120x200)
  • 400-660w hps lumatek - mostly dual spectrum light bulb
  • 125mm TD Silent with PK Carbon filter - passiv extraction

All the seeds have been placed into the system just about 2 days ago and hope the first seedlings are going to appear soon.  In the meanwhile, I wish all the contestants some good luck and for all to stay safe out there... :v:

AT :smoke:

Edited by AustrianToker
  • Like 23

Good luck with the competition - I have also just started some new beans and put some cheese x blues hacks into some wet paper towel last night.

• Like 4

What a great detailed intro and choices. I love your personal strain descriptions / reasons. 

Look forward to see your results buddy. 

• Like 4

Hey mate, cool to see you back with another diary, an in this comp. 

Great spread of strain’s your going with, so I will be watching this progress, as I know you will give each one a good ole review. 

Good luck with the competition dude. 

• Like 5

Nice to see you back for another crack at the competition AT.

Great intro, very detailed and some very nice pics.

Wishing you the best of luck with the grow, and the competition.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, highgrower said:

Good luck with the competition - I have also just started some new beans and put some cheese x blues hacks into some wet paper towel last night.

Thanks, buddy!  Haven't been much on this site the past few months and had to catch up with your diary. When are you finally participating in this comp? A few Sweet Seed strains would suit you well. Btw, I also ran some smottie x mango ssh this year.  Flavour was alright, but nothing crazy though.  Killer skunk was great as ususal and still one of my favourites - i hope the KS makes a return to the shop. :)

12 hours ago, growinggold said:

What a great detailed intro and choices. I love your personal strain descriptions / reasons. 

Look forward to see your results buddy. 

Thanks.  So far all going well...  most of the seedlings are already showing their little heads out the ground.  :yahoo:

12 hours ago, Amo said:

Hey mate, cool to see you back with another diary, an in this comp. 

Great spread of strain’s your going with, so I will be watching this progress, as I know you will give each one a good ole review. 

Good luck with the competition dude. 

Thanks Amo.  Sadly, i didn't get to do a nice review of the strains in the last comp, but i hope to make it up this time. 

11 hours ago, Punta Roja said:

Nice to see you around AT.

Great intro.

ATB

PR

Good to be back, let me tell you. :D

11 hours ago, badbillybob said:

Nice to see you back for another crack at the competition AT.

Great intro, very detailed and some very nice pics.

Wishing you the best of luck with the grow, and the competition.

Cheers! so far so good...  let's see if i can keep it up.

11 hours ago, Fragg said:

@AustrianToker great intro and strains mate, I’m sure you will smash the grow too! :headbang:

ATB:oldtoker:

Thanks, but please don't jinx it. ;) 

11 hours ago, Ccs141 said:

good luck man lot of variety in there :skin_up:

Variety is the spice of life... or something like that.  :v:

11 hours ago, Clumsy said:

Good to see you and your friend back in the comp. :)

Best of luck, 

Atb :oldtoker:

Thanks, Clumsy! My accomplice has been along the ride for 11 years now...  He doesn't help much... more like an observer.   Sadly, my other cat disapeared this year.  She used to help me trim the lower leaves by munching away. 

11 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Nice introduction :)

Best of luck with the grow and the competition :lucky:

:yinyang:

Thanks, Shumroom.  Good luck to you too. :v:

• Like 8

@AustrianToker. Great stuff man. All the best for the comp. I ran a Green Poison CBD last time. Very, very nice indeed. Something maybe for your GF next time seeing as you like the normal version? Your friend certainly is a cutie?

• Like 5

On 21.11.2020 at 6:37 PM, Larry Badgeley said:

@AustrianToker. Great stuff man. All the best for the comp. I ran a Green Poison CBD last time. Very, very nice indeed. Something maybe for your GF next time seeing as you like the normal version? Your friend certainly is a cutie?

Yeah, she was a little disapointed about no cbd from sweet seeds, but i did germ a CBD strain (just not from Sweet Seeds, but a freebie).  Thanks about the Green Poison CBD recommendation, it does sound really nice.  I've smoked some ICE Cool CBD, which was really nice as well.

On 22.11.2020 at 11:11 AM, German Grower said:

Nice Intro AT !

wish you good luck mate !

:yep:

Thanks buddy! :v:

A quick update on the germination....  All went well with a 100% rate. :yahoo:

large_11.jpg

All seem healthy with no runts it's seems

large_12.jpg

A closer look at the healthy seedlings. :nerd:

large_13.jpg

and even closer.

large_14.jpg

Pictures were taken a day or two ago and seedlings will be transferring the seedlings into small pots (~0.5L)  today.  They will also receive their first dose of rootjuice, once in the new pots. :flex:

AT :smoke:

• Like 16

Hi AustrianToker

It is a pleasure to have you here for another year. 

From what I see, everything is going great. :yep:

Sweet smokes!
- Apolo

• Like 5