6 Sweet Ladies In Lockdown.

growinggold

Thanks @Shumroom I have gave them all a spray this morning but neither the blackjack or zkittlez had stood up yetz. Was little worried their shells have stunted them. I will await another 24 hours before I get vicious and rip it off and slap in some clover MPC, then if that doesn't work the seeds packs will be back out.

I've also switched LED scopeV2 ON now dialed all the way back to 35w.

Thanks all.

:skin_up:

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 5

hello @growinggold looks like they might be a tad hot temparature wise and as a consequence tad over dried (might have affected seed husk coming off potentially if not kept wet),roots kept at 23c and if u can room at 28c (this for led,tad less on hps iseem to recall) carefully pry off the seed if it doesn't fall off with some tweezers (carefully tho!) and/or keep moistening it :naughty::wassnnme:lol

• Like 4

Hi buddy!

Try not to have such a high temperature to germinate. With high temperature, it makes the seeds to rot. 

Anyway, wait a few more days. If after a few days they do not germinate, check the seeds with a pair of tweezers. 

Sweet smokes!
- Apolo

• Like 5

Hello All, 

I did a bit of potting up last night in the hope to save the Black Jack and Sweet Zkittlez however when I've checked this morning I believe them be dead as a dodo. Not sweet birds I want right now.

Anyway I am novice and we go again, it's all a learning experience . Thank you for the advice @Shumroom@*BANG* and @Sweet Seeds Apolo  Usually I only use my propagator above a radiator on window sill, however this time I thought I'd introduce the heat mat for some reason it think this with the prop lid is to much for them. I have since removed the lid and left the mat on low. 

The Gang.

large.IMG_20201126_080731_copy_2073x1554.jpglarge.IMG_20201126_080726_copy_1382x1843__01.jpg

R.I.P BlackJack & Sweet Zkittlez

Thoughts and prayers.

Jack47

Couple of Jack47 close-ups here for you. She was potted up last night with a little of the Intense nutrient OG granules. I sprinkled some in the little root it cube hole and mixed some in the pot with the Clover compost. It's my first time using this product so I am looking forward to see the results. Up the Mycorrhizal fungi. 

large.IMG_20201126_080813_copy_2073x2764.jpglarge.IMG_20201126_080833_copy_2073x2764.jpg

New Risers

The Mohan Ram is up and at em! Yes!

large.IMG_20201126_080846_copy_2073x2764.jpglarge.IMG_20201126_080903_copy_2073x2764.jpg

The Do Sweet Do's and Ice Cool look like they will be arriving fashionable late to lockdown party. Lazy buggers. 

large.IMG_20201126_080919_copy_2073x2764.jpg

I will look to germinate another Black Jack and Sweet Zkittlez this evening. 

Shed Upgrade

In other news my insulation delivery was delayed again, needles to say I lost my shit on the phone and demanded a refund. The order had been placed for over a month! I will never use Insulation Superstore again. I have since placed a new order with different company and will hopefully be receiving delivery tomorrow. Once I have this in hand the shed space upgrades will be full speed ahead. Fingers crossed to get this locked down soon.

Thanks for checking in all.

Take care

GG

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 13

if you just cover those taproots over with bit of moist medium they will do ok ..

just done it with a black cream .

• Like 3

large.DSCN0873.JPG

this one was exactly the same ..if you take the plant as a centre of a clock look towards the 5 oclock position and youll just about make out a raised area ..thats the taproot not wanting to grow downwards at first ,same as yours .covered the tap root ..and up she went ..and down went the root .

• Like 6

Hello all, 

I'm not going to lie I was kinda expecting them all to be up and at it now.  However these girls are bad and seem to be in lockdown for for this very reason. I have since potted them all up. I have seen root rails on them all now, however some have been upside down, laying down, keeping their shell on. You name it theyve done it.

The naughty girl gang.

large.IMG_20201128_113024_copy_1382x1036.jpg

Jack 47

The model inmate so far.

large.IMG_20201128_202721_copy_1382x1843.jpg

Mohan Ram

Fingers crossed she is slowly catching up, looks a little sad a droopy mind.

large.IMG_20201128_202725_copy_1382x1843.jpg

Sweet Zkittlez

You was right here @vince noir rock n roll starstar they picked up a little once covered over, however I picked her shell off and she's stalled again.

large.IMG_20201128_202712_copy_1382x1843.jpg

Black Jack

This was the other one that was stalled it's also picked up and looking to sky, however it's shell is still on, think I might try pick it off soon

large.IMG_20201128_202703_copy_1382x1843.jpg

These next to had popped their roots into the root it cubes however they looked up side down, so when potting up I just out the cube in and covered over with a little slightly damp compost.

Do Sweet Do's

If you look really carefully you can just see a tiny root tail. I am minded to dig this out and try get the right way around, what you think?

large.IMG_20201128_202743_copy_1382x1843.jpg

Ice Cool

Same as above but Ive tried to give this one turn around and put back in. You can see it's little shell he'd poking up.

large.IMG_20201128_202731_copy_1382x1843.jpg

Thanks for checking in all, all advice welcome.

Been fighting off the urge to start more seeds.

Take care.

GG

• Like 10

Hi Growinggold

The SweetSkittlez looks like it still might have the membrane over the cotlydons.

If you gently remove it they should open.

Atb :oldtoker:

• Like 2

If it doesn't look like it will come off on its own, then you might have to help.

Two pairs of tweezers work well, try and pull the shell against itself not the plant.

Not sure about the tails but Ive only ever had it happen with rootriots,

i think they may restrict the seeds ability to orientate, so only use them for cuttings now.

:oldtoker:

• Like 3

@growinggold the shell on the BJ looks a bit stuck on from the pic? If it is don’t attempt to pull it off as you will cause damage to the developing root, mist it to allow it to soften and for the plant to grow a bit and remove it then ;) I’m not brave enough to use little pots for seedlings, too much of a stoner and forget they need watering lol That is the problem though in a warm environment those little pots dry in no time and the seedling MUST stay moist.

I’m sure the roots will be fine once they’ve sorted their up from down, leave them be if you can :) 

• Like 7

yeah i would be spraying the seed shells too,

tweezers and me usually end in plant death lol. 

bury the root end if you can you dont want it to dry out, like Fragg says, but it might be too late if its been above the soil for a while. 

Hope they come back for you man, good luck. 

• Like 5