6 Sweet Ladies In Lockdown.

growinggold

Hello All,

Grow space environment report from the last two weeks.

26.11.20  - 04.12.20- uninsulated shed space

04.12.20 - 11.12.20- insulated grow space

Overall Temps and Humidity 

Quite the difference form adding the 50mm Celotex boards. The first week was 

Temps ranged from 28.5c to 5c

Humidity from 83% to 24%

large.Screenshot_20201211-152545__01.jpg

Uninsulated shed space 26.11.20  - 04.12.20

Temps ranged from 17c to 5c

Humidity from 66% to 51%

Not ideal.

large.Screenshot_20201211-152508__01.jpg

Insulated grow space: 04.12.20 - 11.12.20

Temps ranged from 28.5c to 22c

Humidity from 51% to 24%

Much better! I will be pressing ahead with potting up. 

These temps and humidity's was reached using the oil rad set 1000w, Light 1 LED 220w highlight set to 60w.  Tube heater set to medium and Inkbird heat mat set at 28c. 

large.Screenshot_20201211-152440__01.jpg

Thanks for checking in all,

GG

:skin_up:

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 12

Hello All,

Please leave your masks at the door and wipe your feet on the way in. It's mud bath out there. 

large.welcome.jpg

It's been another hard day sampling the sweet treats from previous grows and tinkering with additional bits n bobs for this run. It kicked off by collecting rainwater in the bowls to soak the 6no tropf blumats, these will be left for few hours until ready to place. I then whipped up a entourage of Red Poison, Cream Caramel and Gorilla Girl. Smoked up a right treat, the Red Poison almost smells like sherbet when you crack the jar. Beautiful little number to get me rolling.

large.5fd3876511fe4_startoftheday.jpg

Once I had peeled my shelf from the bench, I set about installing the 2no fans to front left of the grow space, these will be used when appropriate. Then I installed the 2nd LED grow light. (150w Scope V2 2strips with blue aluminium heat sink.) Fingers cross this will be give me a little added canopy light spread and warmth later on once mother nature really gets her teeth into winter. In expecting consistent sub zero temperatures and need all warmth I can muster. Wooden rule and watt meter plugs at. Lights measured at 31" to top of pots. Seems about right. 

LED Light 1. 220w Highlight 41.3w

LED Light 2. 150w Scope v2 32.7w

large.watts.jpglarge.5fd386c9446e0_31inchheight.jpg

Day 12.

Next was potting up, I slipped a hand full of Intense OG granules in each 6.5l square pot as I went, plus I also tried to throw some on any root I saw. 

All done and ready to be locked away in the tent, not to be moved until chop. fingers crossed. 

large.5fd3874e36d3f_Potup1.jpglarge.potup2.jpg

Positions

Jack 47, Black Jack, Ice Cool

Do Sweet Do's, Mohan Ram, Sweet Zkittlez

large.5fd3870f818b2_group2.JPGlarge.group1.JPG

After being shown to their final positions, I shackled then down with a tropf blumat carrots each. The first stage was cutting the water pipe to size and making sure each carrot will reach, the pipe was held in place with a few u shape clips. Once happy I pressed the carrots all the way in and tightened the head screw so water wouldn't escape out the dripper, then I connect to main water piping. I filled the water tank with 5L of rainwater which had been sitting inside the shed for a couple of days to bring it to room temperature. Once this intermediary container is empty I always refill it straight away to get the next load ready at room temperature. When I was pre soaking the carrots this morning I used fresh rainwater straight off the butt and it was freezing, really noticeable on the fingers so roots would hate it. I mixed in 5ml Intense Foundation per 1L of water so 25ml in total for 5L. Dialed each tropf blumat dripper so it couple notches past when their is a drip sitting on the end. Fingers crossed this is now set-up. I will keep an eye on this over few days. Hopefully this system will make watering and feeding a lot easier and let the plant decide when she would like to eat or drink. Going forward I will only need to fill the reservoir every few days or when low. I opened the reservoir tape and and dialled back each dripper until...

Drip... drip...

large_drip.jpg

Drip...

large.drip2.jpg

From left to right, front to back.

Do Sweet Do's

large.dosweetsos.JPG

Mohan Ram

Front row middle, the best seat in the house. No pressure ram. No pressure.

large.5fd3874ac3c15_mohanram4.JPG

large.5fd387458c34d_mohanram.jpg

Sweet Zkittlez

large.sweetzkittlez3.JPG

Jack47

Still the strongest and most developed of the bunch.

large.jack47.jpg

Black Jack

Middle spot, hopeful a good showing big this gal. 

large.blackjack.JPG

Ice Cool

This girl suffered from some really tightly furled leaves from the off its good to see they have uncurled nicely. She's let go of her grip. Relax. 

large.icecool3.JPG

large.icecool.jpg

I like this stage growing it's so quick and you can see it all so easily.

Current Environment 

Temperature- 27.5c

Humidity- 37.5%

Equipment Settings

Lights On 24/7

LED Light 1. 220w Highlight 41.3w

LED Light 2. 150w Scope v2 32.7w

6" RVK - Mode 3

Inkbird- Set @ 26c for heat Mat and tube heater.

Tube Heater - Medium 

Oil Rad- Set @1000w 

Green Fan - On Low just below LED lights.

Black Fan- Off

Feed

5ml Intense foundation Per 1l

Added 5L rainwater which had be stored for few days previous to bring to room temperature. 

Over the next fees days I'll be keeping a steady eye on the ladies, marking sure they don't head for the exit or that wooden ruler will be back out with vengeance! Once they're more established I look to top and scrog.

Thanks for checking in all. 

Stay safe. Put that mask back on as you leave please. 

GG

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 22

Thanks @Shumroom got to love that hassle free easy growing, I've only poked my head in tent twice this week! Leave them to it, I say. 

Thanks @57north that is so so kind and means a lot. 

I will back this evening with the mid week check up including pictures and this week's mother nature weather report. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 3

Hello All,

Just wanted to drop this weeks weather report sorry its little late, these readings are from my local area outside the shed.

You maybe wondering what is the point of this?

This will be my first winter grow battling the elements and I am keen to document all factors for future reference.

Hopefully this will give me a solid report at the end and let me make the correct modifications if needed to space going forward. 

I have few more switches and nobs in armoury for when the snow hits, I will explain whats in bank in future posts.

Yes i am praying for snow, got to love a white Christmas. Ha.  Actually when was the last white Christmas?

Circa 2017? god knows. 

16.12.20  - 20.12.20

As you can see this week has been a lot more mild then last week, no freezing temps or ice.

This has eased the girl into their new cells rather nicely. Not badly timed if i so say so myself. 

large.5fdb78a7b885a_Weather16_12-12_12_20.png

Ive only checked on the ladies a couple of time this week and I will drop the photos later.

Stay Cosy.

GG

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 5

Hello All,

Firstly a little music in recognition of the successful transplants!

After installing the 6 ladies and tropf blumats in their final pots (6.5L) last Friday (11.12.20). I checked on them on the Saturday to make sure we didn't have any run away drippers or droopy ladies. No one likes saggy tits. 

They all looked to have taken well, so full steam ahead. I left them to sit until the mid week check. My aim with this grow is to ideally leave them to to as much as possible. I don't even open the tent that is their cell and they deserve some privacy too. ha.

Also the way I look at it the less I bother them, the less chance of things going wrong.

14.12.20- Day 15

Group Shots

If you look carefully you can see the Inkbird thermostat probe poked into the Sweet Zkittlez pot in the bottom right. This is set at 26c and drives the heat mat and tube heater to come on anything below 25.5c.  I chose this pot as it's furthest from the oil rad and would be one to get coldest first imo. These seems to have been sitting comfortably at 26c so far. 

large.5fdb78568bc2a_groiup2.JPG

An angle a little lower down, few more nodes being stacked on.

large.5fdb786474378_Group1.JPG

Jack 47

Nothing stops this lady not even a transplant. 

large.5fdb786bc4cf8_jack47(2).JPGlarge.jack47.JPG

Black Jack

large.blackjack.JPG

Ice Cool

Still the smallest lady in the space. I do love a runt.

She is fast becoming the fav.

large.icecool.JPG

Do Sweets Do's

If you look real carefully you can see in the right hand leaf its slightly deformed, and tip is stuck to main leaf body. 

Look at the far left for the compassion. The new leafs coming though look perfect mind. 

Fingers crossed for some tasty biscuits.  

large.dosweetdos.JPG

Mohan Ram

Beautiful beautiful plant, really nicely proportioned in my eyes.

Lovely and squat seems to be stacking on the nodes well!

Really excited to try her flavors already. 

large.mohanram.JPGlarge.5fdb787ec71d0_Mohanram.JPG

Sweet Zkittlez

Another fast and vigorous women! Just how we like them hey lads!

large.5fdb7889001d6_sweetzkittlz.JPG

Please note when I installed the blumats I installed them straight into Clover multipurpose compost which wasn't pre wetted. It was straight from the bag at room temp and no additional water has been added.

The compost looks a little dry on the top, however I confident the blumats will do there job and keep each lady happy as she calls for more.

Like I say i want to make this grow as simple as possible, so I be will trying not add any additional water by hand. 

I have also increased the LEDs to 50w each.

Current Environment 

Temperature- 27.7c

Humidity- 36.3%

Equipment Settings

Lights On 24/7

LED Light 1. 220w Highlight- 50w

LED Light 2. 150w Scope v2- 50w

6" RVK - Mode 3

Inkbird- Set @ 26c for heat Mat and tube heater.

Tube Heater - Medium 

Oil Rad- Set @1000w 

Green Fan - On Low just below LED lights.

Black Fan- Off

Full grow space environment report to drop tomorrow, then i will do photo update at the weekend. I am also documenting all activity to included feeds, visits, photos, lighting heights and watts on a excel spreadsheet.

Once Ive got my head around the best way to present this I will also included this on forum, fingers cross this will give myself and other readers a check list of whats been done when and how much ect.

Thanks for checking in all, keep them roots cosy.

GG

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 18

@growinggold I was wondering if I had accidentally opened a meteorological thread but I do see your point :) I can’t wait for some snow either not looking good for Christmas though.

I’m looking forward to see how you get on with the Blumats, I’m sorely tempted to try them I must say. Not opening the tent often will certainly help the plants, less chance of nasties getting in and a more stable environment:yep: They are all looking good btw..... apart from the wee runt lol Hopefully she shakes a leg and justifies your favouritism!

The pots do look a little on the dry side to me, the compost is coming away from the sides it looks like? Can you dial up the Blumat flow rate if required?

Loving all the detail though mate, good effort, I’m sure it won’t go unnoticed by the Sweet Seeds lads:headbang:

ATB :oldtoker:

• Like 5

Cheers chap @vince noir rock n roll star  that's very kind. 

Thanks @Fragg you certainly can add more water/drop rate, all you have to do is twist the brown cap on green bit. Just up the drip rate. 

I'm sure you be able to set yourself up with a little test kit for under £20. All you need would be one tropf blumat carrot, some pipe and a tank.  Maybe worthy of side by side experiment with weights you pull on them autos bud. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, growinggold said:

I'm sure you be able to set yourself up with a little test kit for under £20. All you need would be one tropf blumat carrot, some pipe and a tank.  Maybe worthy of side by side experiment with weights you pull on them autos bud. 

I may well just go that route before leaping in with more, good idea:yep: I like the idea of keeping the correct moisture level consistently rather than wet/dry which isn’t great for microbes.

• Like 2

Hello All,

Grow space environment report from the last month.

26.11.20 - 04.12.20- Uninsulated shed space

04.12.20 - 11.12.20- Insulated grow space test.

11.12.20 - 18.12.20- Insulated space in operation.

Overall Temps and Humidity 

Temps ranged from 29.8c to 5c

Humidity from 83% to 24%

As you can see here there has been marked difference each week. Every week the environment gets a little tighter in temperature dispersion. I'd love this to remain the same, however I am full aware this week the weather has been kind. 

large.Screenshot_20201218-123456__01.jpg

Insulated grow space in operation: 11.12.20 - 18.12.20

Temps ranged from 29.8c to 24.1c- Average 26.9c 

Humidity from 45.3% to 29% - Average 35.7%

Looking cosy so far.

large.Screenshot_20201218-123528__01.jpg

Oh yeah and I also topped up the water tank with:

5l rain water, 25ml Intense Foundation and 5ml Canna Terra Vega

Bubble,Bubble

large.tank2.JPG

Bubble,

large.tank1.JPG

GG

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 9

Hello @Fragg I've been giving a little thought on what you said about keeping the pots at the correct moisture for microbs to thrive (fingers crossed the blumats have my back here), however I think you mentioned you use a ecothrive biosys tea?  If so how is it? Easy to use? Would it be effective in such a small final pot such as 6.5l I was always under the impression it was more meant for the larger 30l plus living soil pots/setups. 

• Like 1

@growinggold

I have been running ecothrive biosys with 1 gallon pots, 

I would definitely say it works, but with small pots you may need to use it more frequently.

My plants have been fed nothing but water for most part of their life with a weekly tea for the last few weeks, my only regret with using the biosys is not introducing it to the plants sooner.

Everything is looking great in here btw, great stuff mate.

happy growing! 

• Like 1