Convection vapes...

zeroG

Did I mention the Piro (and Flam) and Dreamwoods already? :)

Herborizer do a couple of "bodies" (pieces) that don't require water, you can check out the Sherlock and Flexible on their website under Vaporizers>Bodies from the top.  

You can (I have lol) reproduce them both with a couple of cheap standard adapters and a stand from eBay or DHGate 

Annnd once you've made that you can also stick an ashcatcher (or 2 lol) in the path too if you want to add a splash of water to the mix.  

Or there are a lot of bongs that only require a splash of water inside now anyways.

I decided to pass on Fluxers new flite model for now as I don't like the new switch mechanism. There's too much metal in my pockets for that to be safe for me :(

Love the rest of it tho  :wub: - with the smaller 18350 batteries and the built in PWM (dimmer switch) to adjust the power. 

If you've got an IH to heat it you can convert just about any pipe into a Dynavap stem btw with a cork and a lil sanding and drilling ;)

My fav (and tastiest) stem is a lil glass sherlock style pipe with a cork I've shaped to fit the bowl and drilled a hole down the centre for the VC tip.

The carb hole looked waaaaay too big at first but how wrong I was, I find the extra large hole is actually easier to find and adjust than a smaller one.

• Like 2

On 20/12/2020 at 11:38 AM, mr rhino said:

I bought mine on Nov 30th which is bang on 30 days, so hopefully I will get a refund still, I still.want another brick though!

I was looking at the lotus too that apparently is a similar hit and better taste.

Lotus is quite good. Got one when they first came out. Looks like an opium pipe so I tend to not use it as much as my dynavap, but it's a nice one hitter once technique nailed. I might dig it out....

Edited by M Pamplemousse
Spelling

@M PamplemousseI looked at that Lotus, and came to the same conclusion...the SB looks less like a crack pipe lol

I'm a bit sick of one hitters though, I like to  smoke a bowl sometimes. Don't get me wrong I Love a one hitter, but you can only have so many of the same type of hit - whatever the device. The SB Brick gives you a bowl, that ive been hitting 5/6 times before it needs replensihing, 5/6 hits from the SB Brick is enough, trust me -  you can do that over a half hour/hour long sesh...I would have burnt my fingers at least twice being impatient for VC flavour hits refilling it, and filled it about a 3rd more times... Happy to do that in the main, but when you justr feel like zonking....

• Like 2

I received my replacement Runt from Vapefiend this morning, the new one has much more vibrant colours than my cracked unit , I will get some pics up later.

Amazing customer service from Vapefiend i put in my warranty claim on Sunday recieved today just in time for Crimbo, they haven't even asked for the old unit to be sent back:smokin:

• Like 3

They are top. They have also replaced my OG brick in looe of the unit failing. I mentioned to them that I was concerned that I had another moiture spot in my new OG brock in the same place as the one in my runt, and I sent a picture, without question they sent my picture away or whatever they do, and Im now waiting on my replacement from the next batch coming in January some time. You can't fault them. And theyre so unbleieveably polite, how on earth one remains so 'collected' and 'poised' dealing with you bunch of stoners is just showing off..anyway I digress... lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zeroG said:

They are top. They have also replaced my OG brick in looe of the unit failing. I mentioned to them that I was concerned that I had another moiture spot in my new OG brock in the same place as the one in my runt, and I sent a picture, without question they sent my picture away or whatever they do, and Im now waiting on my replacement from the next batch coming in January some time. You can't fault them. And theyre so unbleieveably polite, how on earth one remains so 'collected' and 'poised' dealing with you bunch of stoners is just showing off..anyway I digress... lol

Glad they are sorting yours out mate

My new one is on the left 

large.11242020152020.jpg

• Like 1

Here's mine again - and you can also see that my OG Brick looks an awful lot like your Runt :D . The first thing I did when it arrived was carb it out, constantly, with the straight heat intake of the brick, and the fact the vapour is so cold, I just kept heating till it was too late..Instafix...Runt bent intake...Its a much simpler vape with the bent intake. The carb hole works properly, and you can get a warmer hit. Its very tuneable, and you can 'milk' the bowl and like pump it with heat to lengthen the hit too... it sounds more complex, but they sell you this cap thing that goes at the bottom of the intake, that's supposed to negate combustion...yes, all day long with the Runt - and its bent intake, I smashed my whole swerve learning it with my Runt and its bent intake, and only carbed it out when the screen became clogged...didn't realise...

Having had both intakes, I don't see the benefit of the straight - or even need (waiting for chimers inners). I eventually dialled it and got it going properly. It isn't a hotter, or faster or more flavoursome, or more or lessof a  hit at all...its exactly the same, juts tougher to master and not set fire to...so don't git that bit... 

Anyway...

large.IMG_1414.jpg

large.IMG_1415.jpg

large.IMG_1413.jpg

And there's a wet patch I don't want to see... This one is definately heading the same way as the last...its intensifying too.

• Like 2

@stickyblackagreed, the restrictor disc is a must anyway as it evens out the heat to draw through the weed.

I dont think the restrictor disc causes any problems, necessarily, the problem lies in the condition of the wood before its working...

Im nervous to be honest cvause ill have to use the new one when it arrives, just to make sure im not geting snuck up on there either...

Pain in the ass to be hoenst - you cant really get any more of a basic vape either, lol  Gas/lighter, glass/wood...not even any electrics to knotted up with...Disspaointing.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

think i'm going to pull the trigger on a Dreamwood Glow RCV18 with Cold Steel Mod, as there's a good deal on a french site (150€ mod included). Tinymight seems very good, but not available now, Tubo Tetra are difficult to obtain, and both are way more expensive. Does anyone here try it ?

I currently own a Arizer Solo 2, and a Dynavap with glass stem. I love the dynavap for microdosing, but think an on-demand vap will do the trick better than the Solo 2 for me. And the airpath seems cleaner on the Dreamwood... Reviews are welcome !!

• Like 1

I think I'd go for the pre order deal on the greendream site for the RCV18 V3 and an Arctic fox or Red Panda compatible mod (if I didn't have a Stempod (an a couple of other 510 atties) and Arctic fox mods already)  

• Like 1

Is there a problem with the cold steel mod ? I'm new to these things, so having an all inclusive bundle is kind of reassuring. Ah, and i live in France (that's for the french website). If i take a Wismec Reuleaux mod on greendream, would it be necessary to change the firmware ? Is it simple to do ?