Convection vapes...

zeroG

@Hippie on hillTop stuff bud :) , now I can spend another grand in 6 months buying more vapes lol Are you in the business or something? If not you should be, youre pretty knowledgeable, thanks for sharing!

Its a whole, new world. I didnt even know those pages existed at VF - its about knowing what to look for i guess! Flower pot hell yes, but Im not a fan of water in my smoking...you just lose too much flavour and terpenes dragging it through the drink. Both flavonids and terpenes are water soluble...hence most ice/water/bubbelator hash being potent and gradeable to very fine and delicious, but fairly bland in general. I only make ISO and BHO fior this reason. Again its personal pref tho.

Im deffo going with the stickybrick next up, quite fancy it, and I see many reviewers hitting it and just having to shut down lol ...its when vapoecritics eyeballs visibly roll round the back of his head on the junior...that along with first hand complete shut down from @Smokebelchlast night that made the decision for me... I hope he comes up for air soon. :D

@groovingdude, give it another go, truss' me lol the TM that is, my garage is just cold, keep it in the house in a drawer. Its almost more important to keep the cooler tube warm and leave the battery unit...im still working it out, just keep getting baked and forgetting lol Its about the grind and pack of the TM, you want a loose meduim grade material (sideways turns in a santa cruze shredder), packed to a 'tap' to hold it in the tube, thats it. i have a chamber about 1cm at the bottom, probably .75cm, enough for a mega hit, a decent terpy folow up and a drainer. I used to get a metallic taste, so I did two things; 1, took extra time flushing my weed, that taste is excess N...and dry the weed right back to 52/54 RH, any moisture over the natural oils stifles the heat transfer and path and it will smoulder and carb, but before that it will ozone out which is what I think your experiencing?. If its dry yu only need a 7/8 sec draw to fill your lungs with the vapor expansion. I got big lungs too! Even joint perfect RH of 60/64 will stifle out in a decent vape as the heat is thorough.

I also thought cleaning was the easiest. I got a tool which is a 3ml star as opposed to a crosshead or allen to undo the lil bolt...5 mins in the iso, shakley shakey, paper towel dry and done. Set fire to it quickly to pourge the iso and off you go...2 mins cleaning, 7 mins total...enought for several Vapcaps to while away the wait.....I was suprised. I was realy to shelve it like you, before I even got it. But was pleasantly suprised. I clean it every couple days, cause when its flowing...wooooo, theres not a lot better to get excited about imo. and a its a fast hot hit, right to your headtop :D

Its on the way, Runtadoodledoo :D:D and some spares for my vapcap...with the 420 discount i think it was like £123 or something. Very excited...

I have to laugh at myself. I said last night that I'd wait to see if VF upped the ante and added stickbrick to the sale. In the USA everyone has done a 20% on SBL and I nearly bought it from planet of the vapes as with the 20% it was only a fiver less than the UK, I waited, and waited, i even went to bed without emailing them, such was mny resolution!!....So I called VF at 10.15am lol , and asked, and theyre not discounting that brand!

Even 'tighter than a ducks butt' Namaste/EDIT who only sell some spares have done the 20% on those, including that 40quid water adapter...

Anyway, for a tenner here or there Ill have one, in fact I do. I hope its here this wekend.

• Like 1

Don't know if its a convection vape or not, but - The Mighty is a very good bit of kit for a portable dry weed vape, it's nice to add a bit of rosin in with the weed and go for a higher temp hit  :)  I recommend the glass mouthpiece, but it doesn't lock into place like the plastic one so easy to lose.

This is definitely is a convection vape - The Switch, great for concentrates, still not tried it with herb though, heats up in seconds, blows your head off. My only complaint - the price!

I've used the basic, e-rigs which were OK - the switch is in another league - I've never tried a proper, 'blow-torch' rig, yet, don't know whether to get one!

Can someone who has tried both please give a comparison?

• Like 2

I was butane free until the vapcap...then I discovered heat transfer vaping. There is only one type of vaping from that point on. I joke not. On demand or butane, both tend to be roughly the same as its heat transfer convection, not cooking/baking,

If you smoked fags, joints, bong bowls then this is that missing link bweteen ponsey vaping, and high temp blasting...my vapcap 1 hitter is like joint pull, and my TM is like a full bong rip lol

And I havent got to Stickybrick yet :D

im surrounding myself in cushions and pillows for the first rip just to level me horizontally... whomp there it is :D

• Like 4

La di da di, we like to party, we don't cause trouble or bother nobardy...

large.IMG_1219.jpg

large.IMG_1217.jpg

large.IMG_1218.jpg

You can tell I like wood, that's my dining table in the back ground, I named it 'The bird Table' , that was made from a 35ft Canadian Maple in my garden, two years drying, naturally and in the kiln, and a year in the build. Carbon footprint...Zero(G) baby 

And... my Runt arrived :) - The hit is bigger that I expected. Half bowl baked right about now, unintentionally. I went at it first hit with a big torch without realising. Hot fast and fucked. lol

This is a dangerous vape. and so is the increasing VAS. 

If you don't have one, do whatever you can to get one :)

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, zeroG said:

La di da di, we like to party, we don't cause trouble or bother nobardy...

large.IMG_1219.jpg

large.IMG_1217.jpg

large.IMG_1218.jpg

You can tell I like wood, that's my dining table in the back ground, I named it 'The bird Table' , that was made from a 35ft Canadian Maple in my garden, two years drying, naturally and in the kiln, and a year in the build. Carbon footprint...Zero(G) baby 

And... my Runt arrived :) - The hit is bigger that I expected. Half bowl baked right about now, unintentionally. I went at it first hit with a big torch without realising. Hot fast and fucked. lol

This is a dangerous vape. and so is the increasing VAS. 

If you don't have one, do whatever you can to get one :)

I'm loving my runt..

Hits like a brick!!

• Like 2

On 02/12/2020 at 5:40 PM, mr rhino said:

I'm loving my runt..

Hits like a brick!!

Dont you mean 'hits like a sticky brick'? lollollol

First vape ive had a hangover from for a while to be honest, woke up this morning, swear I could still feel Wine gums bouncing around in my cannister...it must be the brick, cause I been smoking it all year, in various devices and not had a morning reminder until now :D

• Like 2

12 hours ago, zeroG said:

Dont you mean 'hits like a sticky brick'? lollollol

First vape ive had a hangover from for a while to be honest, woke up this morning, swear I could still feel Wine gums bouncing around in my cannister...it must be the brick, cause I been smoking it all year, in various devices and not had a morning reminder until now :D

:rofl:

Its definitely the brick mate, it's the best vape i have owned and I've owned all the top ones.

Taste and strength is off the scale:eek:

• Like 1

*hits like the brick....AHH fuck it. If there was an advert for how fucked  any sticky brick gets you this is it. I have no fucking idea what Im talking about, or where I am.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zeroG said:

*hits like the brick....AHH fuck it. If there was an advert for how fucked  any sticky brick gets you this is it. I have no fucking idea what Im talking about, or where I am.

:rofl:

I'm using the honest one that came with it.

@mr rhino  - I upped the anti, and got my dynavap triple flame jetter on it...Makes for hotter, and if its possible, harder hits after the single flame, which makes for better hits on the Vapcap...everyones a winner chicken dinner...!! Jus' a lil swapsie :D

Disaster...MY Runt stuck to the table...with resin from my weed dripping outa the crack that opened up over night in the SB body :(

Yesterday..was a bit of a sesh, we probably hit about a qtr between us in the SB, and another qtr in the TM and Vapcap, which is a lot when its of the quality I bear, and theres only 4 of us...and when you consider the size of the chambers in these vapes lol , regardless of that she opened up like an envelope :(...Its no prob, the chaps at youknowwho have already sent me the youknowwhat (postage free RTBee...)and ill be bobbing her off either tonight or tomorrow...

Its opened up along the grain like its either a dry spot in the wood (pretty unusual), or at some stage the wood has been sodden all the way through, and its either not been air dried long enough to stabilize, or not been kiln dried to do the same as the former. Impossible to spot before disaster, just a bit sad that shes off...and so soon.

large.sb-bott.jpg

large.sbside.jpglarge.skin-in.jpg

• Like 2

I think it'll have to be a replacement to be fair, if you follow the grain split it will run up and through the inhalation path and split there. I didn't notice at first, but the side effects were too much heat with not enough draw, so the weed was bring stifled and carbing really quick...

Im gonna get stuck though, cause they've got no stock apart from the cherrywood, which I don't like, and then there's only one, and if i upped to the OG, it'll end up costing me more cash too, or have no desktop for xmas...when I would actually get a chance to use it :(

oh well, we will see what 'they' say...

How unlucky is that ?????? 

And you can't even recycle the money into a Dreamwood or Piro or something now the Black Friday discounts have ended.

Inspired by the Piro, Stickybricks and Dreamwoods I've been fooling around with a kitchen torch and an 18mm female whip adapter like https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/glass-adapters/products/18mm-female-whip-adapter  sat on top of an 18mm male to male adapter like https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/glass-adapters/products/18mm-male-to-18mm-male-adapter with a standard 15mm gauze in the joint for the bowl (all from my collection of bits n bobs) which works surprisingly well with a lil practice.

• Like 1