Convection vapes...

zeroG

16 hours ago, SYZYGY said:

In comparison, the Tinymight seems a bit of a faff to use and too needy in its demands to be kept clean for best performance. I hate having to pull the stem each time to stir. I prefer the flavour of the SB to the TM... I still get a slightly weird taste/aroma from the Tinymight (Danish oil?) The only thing the Tinymight has over it for me is stealth - the SB does look very cracky in use - but I don't vape much in public anyway.  

I don't think the Flowerpot will ever be beaten in the desktop heavies category, but the Sticky Brick Junior has quickly taken the portable-of-choice spot. 

:yinyang: 

I never stir between hits. My abv comes out good without.

If you are using the native stems with the metal and nuts and bolts I agree the cleaning is a hassle and the taste is impaired.  To me, this is the biggest issue with the TM as to get the best out of it additional stems are required. I'm using a short spiked stem filled with 3mm pearls and it cools amazinly.There are many choices but extra cost and hassle to source.

Agree re flowerpot although I haven't tried them all!. The baller is an improvement imo. I also really like the collyland stuff and the Qaroma looks interesting as other full convection options.....

Edited by M Pamplemousse
  • Like 2

No stirring necessary with the jack pods everything comes out evenly browned when I clean them out, they also keep the CU and screen much cleaner longer. I'm convinced the metal pods heat up that bit more which is why I get decent vapour production and the resin vapes properly rather than just making the CU and screen a gunky mess.

@SYZYGY love the SB, along with the DynaVap they're on my list to try but not out and about - I'm not into the Craig Charles in a back of a taxi look lol love the baggies mate, used to have a pair of real fake Joe Bloggs in that and black excellent to wear on the train with a few bars strapped to your legs lol 

• Like 2

@Exhale @M Pamplemousse Don't get me wrong, I can finish a load in the TM without stirring if I take my time and temp step but I prefer to smash a load in one or two hits. I couldn't get along with the Jack Pods. It's a beautiful device but not as suited to my personal style of vaping as the SB. Will likely sell my Tinymight soon. 

Only just started wearing baggy trousers with a low crotch again, it's a friggin' revelation! Had painful, swollen lymph glands and jeans weren't helping at all. 

13 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

I prefer sublimator over the flowerpot seems to have the edge imho

Never tried one, it does look like a serious bit of kit. Even more 'science experiment-y' than the Flowerpot...

I can safely say I'm satisfied with my vape line-up now tho :) 

• Like 2

Just now, SYZYGY said:

I can finish a load in the TM without stirring if I take my time and temp step but I prefer to smash a load in one or two hits. I couldn't get along with the Jack Pods.

That's a shame dude, I clear quite quick now I'm "synergized" 3 hits and the pods done, I keep putting the TM stuff down a bit on my wishlist because I am ultimately satisfied with the long mouthpiece and set up like that now, the TM stays on 8 but has gone up to 9 and I'm only using the 25A batteries with the cold weather now. I can honestly say though after doing couple of weeks hols and couple of weeks away for work I've not once thought "I wish I had my flowerpot".

4 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

Only just started wearing baggy trousers with a low crotch again, it's a friggin' revelation!

I've still got my corduroy's somewhere lol they're proper comfy, hope your glands deswell soon!

• Like 2

Fucking hell, I think I'd cough up a lung if I used my Tinymight on 8! I'm using mine on 3.5 at the moment with a couple hits on 5 to finish it.

@silvester growdrobe The temp settings aren't exactly comparable between different units. My mate's TM on 9 is like 6 or 7 on mine. I believe there's a way of changing the range with a mysterious sequence of button presses and dial turning. 

I've found I'm just not satisfied with anything less than dark-coloured, mostly charred AVB at the end of a session. If those high-temp (i.e. close to combustion temp) sedative and anti-psychotic compounds aren't extracted, my head feels a bit too skittish and wired, even with heavier vars. I think many vapers don't bother or struggle taking it that far, which is why their edibles made with the AVB are highly sedative. 

• Like 2

There is a method to recalibrate and set the base range temp higher or lower. It's detailed on FC and isn't too complicated if needed. 

I use mine between 3 and 6. At 8 or 9 it's combustion time. Like you said @SYZYGY, each is different.

I keep my abv lighter in colour but turn it into night night caps. Flavour chase during the day and try to achieve a sedative effect with the pills at night. Sleep better but never well anymore..... Always seem to wake at 5 am whatever I do. Just get up now and start the session earlier!

• Like 4

@SYZYGY

Like you say, they're all a little different. I find I prefer different settings for different strains too. I'm currently using 3.5 because I'm toking my Congo Panama and that brings out the lemony flavour and the more slightly psychedelic aspects of the high. If I've got, say, some Waiting Game in there then I'll probably whack it up to like 5 or something and finish on 6/7

Edited by silvester growdrobe

On 10/10/2020 at 0:23 AM, Hippie on hill said:

Does it have to be cordless?

The Rastabuddhatao SpIinters and Milaanas, the Strorz n Bickel Mighty and Crafty, and the Lamart Tubo used to get recommended a lot more before the TinyMight took the crown (if we're talking portables) 

Just adding my 2p but the tubo is an amazing unit if you can stomach the price and the fact they're not easy to buy with drops selling out on the day most times. 

• 1 month later...

I've found another couple of cheap 16 or 20mm enail coil ball vape ideas that are pretty good 

A Cannabis Hardware Flowerpot 18mm Titanium post (+ 2 screens + some balls) for a 16mm coil (aka the DIY Ti DC Elev8r)
Or a #8 53N61S Alumina ceramic cup for a Tig welder (+ 2 screens + some balls) for a 20mm coil (aka the Pinky)

Both work really well with an Elev8R or an 18mm reducer adapter style bowl 

6 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

I've found another couple of cheap 16 or 20mm enail coil ball vape ideas that are pretty good 

A Cannabis Hardware Flowerpot 18mm Titanium post (+ 2 screens + some balls) for a 16mm coil (aka the DIY Ti DC Elev8r)
Or a #8 53N61S Alumina ceramic cup for a Tig welder (+ 2 screens + some balls) for a 20mm coil (aka the Pinky)

Both work really well with an Elev8R or an 18mm reducer adapter style bowl 

Pinky looks fun for a DIY.

Edited by M Pamplemousse

Both are really easy to build as the tubes are just the right size for our needs, off the shelf.

I've not got a spare 16mm coil to try the Flowerpot post build yet but I have built a Pinky with 3mm rubies 

It's like dabbing or hotknifing flower - quicker, thicker and tastier vapour than my original VROD  

It'll do a big bowl in 1 if you want your vapour that thick (and you can keep up with it) but I've been taking it a little slower and doing them in 2 or 3 hits 

Being short it leaves plenty of room in an Elev8r or reducer adapter style bowl for more if you really want to go for it :fart: lol 

Only issue is it's stability - mine sits OK handsfree in an 18mm joint without a handle on the cable but I'm always wary I'll catch the cable and knock it off