The Light Deprivation Society.

Punta Roja

Just now, Gaijin said:

I guess it would just become part of your daily routine, after a few days 

yes..and it means no hollydays...in the period of LD....and no social commitments in the 2 times a day you have to do it........

indoor breeders have a timer and it goes automatic.. :) thats easy...

• Like 3

I religiously covered at 5pm & uncovered at 5am :yep:   If i wasnt around them Mrs OldFord or fam did it for me.

It was totally worth the effort !!  I ran some genetics outdoors  i could never have ran otherwise ,  i had the girls cook out in the best of our sunshine,  i safely got ladies home with no dramas that i would never have done otherwise.

Best of all .... i had my ladies down & in  jars when most of us were clenching our arse cheeks over the shitty weather :)      Was it worth the effort ... hell yeah :yep:

Hence 90% of this years will be in light dep.   

• Like 8

Just now, Gaijin said:

@OldFord I’m loving the idea. Impossible to get away with in my soon to be new house/garden, sadly. But I’ll file this away for a rainy day :yep: 

LD is awesome ... if you do it at home, in my humble opinion its totally useless for GG runs mainly from a security perspective.   

If your garden faces the right way , you can grow LD with very little attention you just gotta be creative :)     Theres lots of ladies with very little odour too.  

I wish you all the best for the house move & good luck with the future grow.   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OldFord said:

LD is awesome ... if you do it at home, in my humble opinion its totally useless for GG runs mainly from a security perspective.   

i agree totally...i had 2 plots( with water source)  very close to home..and with a sneaky entrance point.....after that...there sure was a path....since 2x a day makes it....but it was succesful......with amnesia haze.... :) ...all indoor plants you can do with LD... :) 

but it took me 2 times a day 45 minutes......ofcourse nothing beats an own garden for LD...  :) but here in holland we get kicked out of rental home because of home grow also in garden..

8D4350B4-BEE2-4650-908E-AC9AB926DADA.jpeg

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 7

@OldFord you've really got me thinking. Managed a couple of autos in the garden last year but I'm seriously considering some small pot light dep with fems now. I've got a shitload of autos but I might keep them indoors and maybe throw a couple down. Your diary from last year was frankly awesome. I'd recommend anyone to have a gander at that badger!!!

• Like 2

@Idicanna jones  I love my autos and they have served me well over the years and its a kind of  "in the bank harvest"  but results of the end product from the fems is simply better.

You can scrog, sog, tie them down ... have a huge low down canopy and go LD.    The Western Winds from last year is awesome , theres no way i could have done it outside without the aid of LD , that and i had them fully cooked with lots of amber trichs  and taken down whilst the sun was really shining.   It was a small bit of effort for the rewards.    

I used blackout material from Dun3lms ,  cheap & effective with no noise in the wind to draw attention.    Highly recommend you try.

As a bonus you could run some of the more exotic beans ,  im trying my hand this year with some long bloom hazes :yep:   

Do a mix of LD & auto so you get a staggered harvest and at least you kind got a banker then.   

• Like 4

On 28/07/2021 at 10:46 PM, DutchFox said:

@Mort

iam sorry this is bad advice....i have seen it going WRONG  with my own eyes in the past....AND REVEGGING PLANTS REALY LOOK BAD...:(

i would never give this advice to anyone....since this would ruin a lot of work after 5 weeks...of LD.....

17 aug there is aprox still 14.5 hours light....and 

At 25 sept the light outside is 12/12

just look it up in the time of sun set and sun rise at your lattide...

my 2 cents.

ps the earliest you can do it safely  is in my vieuw at 13 hours light...and 11 hours of dark...so this is the case aprox 10 september......but personally i do LD to the very end...!!!

====================================================================

ps LD... i do in the night hours....and until its completely dark...then i put the plant in the night Again...

example...sunup 06.30  and sunset 22.00

so i put them in the dark at 18.30 till 23.00   after 2300 when its dark...i put them out in the dark night....to come to 12/12 :)

so the are only 4.5 hours in the dark tent ...which will have a higher HUMIDITY......this is in my case much better as 12 hours in a dark space with high humidity...:)

I don't think this is bad advice, there's plenty of strains that flower from 14hours, just have to be selective.

15 hours ago, DutchFox said:

yes..and it means no hollydays...in the period of LD.

I went to Amsterdam for four days in the middle of my most successful LD grow lol

The plant stayed in my shed for all of that time and it was fine when I returned. It was a massive gamble though, if the environmental conditions had been even slightly different it could have all rotted.

• Like 3

@latigid aikon that was a lucky result lol Just goes to show how hardy these plants are, really

@OldFord I'm sure I could get creative so that the plant(s) would be very hard to see. I grew a plant in my front garden one time in Australia, tied down in a mixed bed of summer flowers and shrubs. It covered a good meter squared +, in full sunlight, about 15 feet from the road lol Stupid crap you do when you're young - weed laws in Victoria were a little harsh back then, to say the least. Wouldn't dream of taking that kind of risk at my age lol The back garden however ........ I could physically hide the greenery, but the smell is going to drift into neighbours gardens and windows. Maybe I can get a 200L tub of ONA gel and sit it by the back door :rofl: 

• Like 4

@Gaijin  Plenty of ladies around whom are on the quieter side of the spectrum :yep:      Yeah i hear you on risky growing ,  i ran some sweets auto sad's in the front garden border , they are tiny little xmas trees and dont look like the traditional recognisable plant :)      Awesome discreet low odour little gems but dont yield very well outdoors.     

I use roses & lilies to mask the ladies scent very effectively and no issues so far.   

• Like 1

@OldFord thanks for the heads up.  Just cleaning out the wardrobe of doom. I'm thinking I'll throw some auto's under the lights and start the fems as well. Was going to stagger 2 lots of 2 auto's in the garden as the summer arrives. How early would you recommend getting the fems outdoors??? I want to keep them fairly small as I'm probably going to move them into an outbuilding when I get home from work and chuck them back out when it's dark, so they need to be mobile. Im thinking if I do it that way I don't have to worry about any stretch outgrowing whatever paltry structure I make.     (I have the manual dexterity of a sea cucumber). The idea of ending up with one of @SubSpecies monsters terrifies me quite a lot.  I'm in a pretty built up area but I've got decent neighbours, a fair sized garden and an understanding finer half..... plus I live in a part of the UK that is generally on fire so fuck the po po..... I'm the least of their worries. I've got 12 auto beans and 3 fems and I'm doing the fucking lot.... somehow

• Like 2

I can just do 5 visits to my plots a season this is on another level.Dedication dedication is what you need if you want to be the best and if you want beat the rest ooh ooh dedication what you need.Does anyone remember that tune off an old program bbc1 with that mush who smoked cigars and had lots of gold anyway.Hats off to you all that’s hard graft if your out out if I had some gold badges everyone would have one.Again wow well done and hope you all do fantastic you deserve it.peace Goohfy.

• Like 2