The Light Deprivation Society.

Punta Roja

Thank you @OldFord , my first time depping, i started her back in Feb i believe, i have pruned every side branch at 2nd node and FIMMed the top into multiple tops back in March, now she is perhaps a little too big, i feel ya bro, i should have put her into dark a few weeks sooner as well, she in a big pot too, heavy when watered, and i have to lift the pot on top of my head at night to go up some stairs and through a gate and down some steps again into the garden in darkness (SubTropixx), she too big to see around if holding waist height, walking backwards is dangerous, so up on my head she goes, damn good job i dont have to do that in the daytime as she fits through a window perfectly into darkness, i just can't get her out of the window into the garden at night, bit of pain lol !! madness! so i guess she is making me work hard for the reward! Good on her!! I don't mind for this grow, its such good fun large.ras_dancing_banan.gif

I would like a healthy harvest of Crystal Candy, it's just so tasty. I tink she a good one to light dep due to the FV traits, and she is a late flower when left natural, and seemed prone to mold, i will try the auto xl version next year, i tink that will be the one for sake of ease, its cool how there are many versions of Crystal to try to suit all. But i really do need a door into my darkroom before i do light dep again, can't be dealing with 'through windows' espec when buds are formed and delicate, i need a door lol Im onnit for the future though!!

Take it eeze, respect  :yinyang:

Edited by SubSpecies
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Pineapple Haze

Week four of the discipline

IMG-3905.jpg

Sneaked in while they were sleeping for a couple of snapshots.

Edited by Punta Roja
  • Like 6

Crystal Candy FV @ 4wks Johnny 'Light' Depp...... large.ras_cool.gif

large.60e05466e1ecd_CrystalCandyFV@4wks(4).jpeg

large.60e0546110ddf_CrystalCandyFV@4wks(2).jpeg

large.60e0545e205f4_CrystalCandyFV@4wks(1).jpeg

However....... i seem to have found some troublemakers, only on the very bottom branches on 1of2 branches on a pruned branch, and the same on the other side, i cannot see any working their way up the plant, it looks clean for now.  She goes into a pitch black tent @ 4:30pm, then @ 11pm or later outside into the night sky, mildly stressful on her i wonder? or it could be the tramsporting at night, i do have to lift her up on my head when moving her from the tent to destination, broke roots could be another reason and very likely too. 
I'v never really had to deal with a hermie in all my long years luckily, so this one is a little out of my profession, but i was thinking to remove de branches........ what would you do i'd love to hear large.ras_wink.gif
large.60e05463e2f1c_CrystalCandyFV@4wks(3).jpeg

large.ras_old_jah_bless.gif family :yinyang:

Edited by SubSpecies
coz i pressed the 'edit' button, so i edited, thats my reason and im sticking to it
  • Like 5

On 03/07/2021 at 1:28 PM, SubSpecies said:

She goes into a pitch black tent @ 4:30pm, then @ 11pm or later outside into the night sky, mildly stressful on her i wonder? or it could be the transporting at night, I do have to lift her up on my head when moving her from the tent to destination, broke roots could be another reason and very likely too. 

Could be something to do with the fact that there is no "night" at this time of year, only Astronomical twilight.

60e4a93654843-NONIGHT1.png

Adding the Civil Twilight and Daylight gives the day length that will affect plants... so today's day length would be 18:18 or roundabouts... I think :) 

Edited by Punta Roja
  • Like 5

Just now, Punta Roja said:

Could be something to do with the fact that there is no "night" at this time of year, only Astronomical twilight.

That blew my mind a little! :unsure: 

Of course it's common knowledge/sense to anyone that has spent some time outside at night, it's easily observable, yet I had no conception of it in the sense that there is no "night"! lol 

Interesting stuff! 

• Like 2

@Punta Roja

Super interesting, blew my mind too, nuff respect brother!!

This picture below is on 1st August 2021, we are then back into the actual night phase, from what i overstand so far is that the Astronomical twilight is the last phase of 3 twilights, but because of our latitude in UK we don't go through the Civil twilight or 'phase' (being the brightest 'night' sky) and we miss the Nautical twilight (not as bright as Civil), so we appear to spend from mid May untill beginning of August in Astronomical twilight phase, and actual night comes in August untill mid May, meaning the chance of hermaphrodite plant when johnny light depping could be a common thing perhaps? depending on the sensitivity of the strain i would imagine, mmmm, i hope brain is right? :g:Maybe thats nailed that therory and possibly this event i&i having with balls on mi plant, Punta you are a Legend my friend! Excellent knowledge brother large.ras_cheers.gif

In the mean time... i doing castration technique on mi plant.... poor ting large.ras_sad.gif

Map showing day and night parts of the world

:nerd:large.ras_reading.gif

Edited by SubSpecies
correcting mi nerdology breakthrough, this is a connection to Jah for me i swear!
  • Like 5

Hello @Punta Roja and thanks for the thread,if you would be so kind I have a few things I am unsure of.

I have one plant outside currently in a small greenhouse,exodus cheese x gelato from the subbies seeds and is 6-7 weeks in veg,I am thinking it'a 9 week flower time?

If I start LD in the next few days she should be done mid September before the colder nights come in.?

I am always up early and always around the house though I think I will set my alarm on my phone to remind me it's time to wake her up or put her to dark time.

I have set up a dark space in my shed today using some curtains/sheets and after 5 minutes of sat in there I am happy it is light proof.

My main concern is later on when the plant is in full bloom do I need to take steps to prevent bud rot? There is no electricity in the shed.

I see it mentioned 13/11 can be done but will I be ok just doing 12/12?

ATB

large.IMG_0543.JPGlarge.IMG_0549.JPGlarge.IMG_0550.JPGlarge.IMG_0551.JPG

• Like 5

Hi @Mort 

Nice looking plant mate and I love the Airpot innovation.

My shed is 100% light proof but also 75% airtight (I mean no draught).

Lack of air circulation at night is a concern for me.

Not during Botrytis off season though (starts when the brambles ripen around the end of August at my lat).

If the plants were to go into September I'd probably leave them out all night.

Keep us posted.

And get a better lock.

ATB

PR

• Like 2

@Punta Roja thankyou for your reply :yep:

Great info about the botrytis  :smokin:

I will update to this thread as I go along,we have very little crime here(yes uk)I have some dome headed bolts and can probably sort something more secure...lol

ATB

:hippy:

• Like 1

@SubSpecies Fantastic result so far... when you think it's done, give it another week.:v:

Great growing again this year.

Edited by Punta Roja