The Light Deprivation Society.

Punta Roja

Nuff Respect @Punta Roja :yinyang: Thank you my friend, that Sweet Tai is looking damn fine if i may say so I-self, Strawbeery Glue is one i wish to try after hear such good news about it from bredda OldFord, tried and trusted and very mold resistant i believe large.ras_wink.gif 

I also forgot to mention that the castration technique has proved very successful, no more pollen sacs after painstakingly plucking each visible sac off, im not so sure if the pollen could be viable to be honest, 95% of her energy was going into female flower production and i believe thats how it stayed being the dominant power (if it works like that).
I will try to resist temptation and cut a week later than planned, thats kinda the plan anyway depending on rains/mold etc, have pulled a few specks off her, i know she ain't too mold resistant but this sun is great news, lets hope it lasts! I wonder if my CCFV will flash pretty colors like yours did in that extra week, there is purpling on some margins of some fan leaves, a good sign, i tink alot will happen with her in the next week or two, and being the Fast Version they say ya can knock a week or so off maturation time so she should hit right nice juicy ripeness.

Am buzzin about this plant :rockon:

Nuff Iration bredda Punta, great growing from you too as always large.ras_cool.gif enjoy your fabulous growing plants, how much longer do ye have left?

Rasta Bless :bong:

• Like 2

And if you do another 3 weeks you wont have to do it with it being mid August and light hours decreasing your plant wont go back to veg

• Like 3

On 23-7-2021 at 6:08 PM, geo1 said:

And if you do another 3 weeks you wont have to do it with it being mid August and light hours decreasing your plant wont go back to veg

@Mort

iam sorry this is bad advice....i have seen it going WRONG  with my own eyes in the past....AND REVEGGING PLANTS REALY LOOK BAD...:(

i would never give this advice to anyone....since this would ruin a lot of work after 5 weeks...of LD.....

17 aug there is aprox still 14.5 hours light....and 

At 25 sept the light outside is 12/12

just look it up in the time of sun set and sun rise at your lattide...

my 2 cents.

ps the earliest you can do it safely  is in my vieuw at 13 hours light...and 11 hours of dark...so this is the case aprox 10 september......but personally i do LD to the very end...!!!

====================================================================

ps LD... i do in the night hours....and until its completely dark...then i put the plant in the night Again...

example...sunup 06.30  and sunset 22.00

so i put them in the dark at 18.30 till 23.00   after 2300 when its dark...i put them out in the dark night....to come to 12/12 :)

so the are only 4.5 hours in the dark tent ...which will have a higher HUMIDITY......this is in my case much better as 12 hours in a dark space with high humidity...:)

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 5

On 29-7-2021 at 2:16 AM, SubSpecies said:

Greetings @DutchFox, i have read your posts and i like your style, you have good brain, a wise and intelligent man. Respect large.ras_old_jah_bless.gif

thanks so much !

there is only one SIMPLE and  full proof way of knowing when you can safely stop with LD.

That is.....if you use MULTIPLE clones from SAME mother.

1 clone you do not include in LD......if this clone is starting to bloom .......then its safe to stop with LD...... :)

• Like 4

Just over 4 weeks LD

I am making plans for next year,get some electricity to the shed and set up a heated/ventilated/filtered space and start earlier in the season when the sun seems to be around a bit more.

:rockon:

Thanks

large.IMG_0605.JPGlarge.IMG_0606.JPG

:smokin:

• Like 8

yes it  must also be possible to do 2 LD  harvests in the summer.

the longest day is 21 june.......

but i gues you need a bulb also to pregrow the first plants of the year....and to keep them from blooming if the daylight is too short in the spring...

°°°°°°

and if you have electricity....you can use a bulb on a rainy day aswell........

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DutchFox said:

and if you have electricity....you can use a bulb on a rainy day aswell........

I remember a thread from the old overgrow forum before it was shut down, someone in the US had built a massive house in the middle of nowhere that had a central courtyard open to the air but with blinds or shutters or similar for shortening daylight hours and it also had several HPS or MH lights for when the sunlight wasn't ideal.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Once i take down this years garden run i will be welding up a stainless steel frame to house the majority of my fems so i can do a large light dep on the ladies :yep:

I wont do them all in light dep as i do enjoy the battle with momma nature trying to get the girls across the finish line safely :)     

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

@Mort this was my bedtime story, this thread! And there’s no happy ending for me before I go to sleep! :rofl:  

Was there a successful harvest? Was looking really good there :yep: I’d never heard of this method 

Summer where I am, seems like June and July are the sunniest/driest months. August can be really iffy. Summer’s usually over about the time schools break up lol It’s interesting that I could perhaps manipulate a grow so that that last 6 weeks or so of flower take advantage of the best of the English summer. 
Of course it would have to be during one of the years that we actually have a summer lol 

It’d be cheaper than running the lights and trying to keep temps down during those months

How often would I forget to either cover or uncover? :doh:lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

How often would I forget to either cover or uncover? :doh:lol 

i never forgot it.. :)   but once there was no way for me to do close in the night.....but as expected nothing visable damage occured.....

but..when you use a black tarp ..and you do not open for the day....when there is sun...it gets extreme hot in the tent...and might kill the plants....in 1 day... ( happened to other )

i had in my plot the tent arranged so by 6 pm...the tent would be in the shade of some bushes......and i opened as soon after dark as possible..

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1