Lumatek Attis LED - Owners thread

budjam

8 hours ago, budjam said:

I bought some 3mm stainless steel wire, some crimpers and fittings and made my own small version of the provided long ass hangers, Well get a pic of them up soon..

Much better as can pull them right up to top off tent...well to the carbon filter.. :) 

Those hangers are ridiculously long, I just attached the light directly onto 2 sets of ratchet hangers.  Vertical space is at a premium in my tent!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zeroG said:

I think it would probably be about right on full whack after seedling stage has passed in that space. I have ther light 8 inches from the tops...

Ok, that’s great thanks. With the 300 just fitting in the DR60, it should be a nice evenly lit area. 

By the sound of things Lumatek were a tad generous writing up the specs covering footprint of both the 200 and 300.

Hopefully this will work out for the best :) pulling the trigger on the 300.

As I say, I think as long as you calculate 20/30% less area coverage than the Lumatek website/resellers suggest, youll be just fine. It is a bit of a shame though, cause there are quite a few good stip led grow lights about at the moment, with good wattages that cover the space better than this light with very similar results. Ive decided that I wan't to move into the realms of the Zeus 465c pro. Firstly cause I dont think on reflection and evidence/experience that 300w is enough for 1m2, in this lights format anyway, which was alaways my requirement. 2nd, Im hoping that I could leave a strip off the setup for the moment, and get 370w, or dial it back to 80% and get 340w...but I also belive the extra reds and the 'pro spec' willl make the light a better all round lite, with the coverage that was promised of the 300.

@Smokey McBongfacedo it man, as long as youre confident of the coverage you need and going to get. I still think its a good light, but you know my reservations

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokey McBongface said:

Ok, that’s great thanks. With the 300 just fitting in the DR60, it should be a nice evenly lit area. 

By the sound of things Lumatek were a tad generous writing up the specs covering footprint of both the 200 and 300.

Hopefully this will work out for the best :) pulling the trigger on the 300.

I'm using a 200 in a DR60 and its more than enough for the area. It fits perfectly with a couple of centimetres free space around it. It's currently about 18 inches away from the canopy and the two girls are doing very well. 80% power was just about perfect for vegging. Suffered with burnt tips initially when going up to full power, had to raise the height to about 24 inches. My own personal opinion is that the 300 is overkill for a DR60, like you said, it will be difficult to use it at full power?  Either way, I'm really impressed so far, plus the lower temps have been a big bonus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roostaboosta said:

I'm using a 200 in a DR60 and its more than enough for the area. It fits perfectly with a couple of centimetres free space around it. It's currently about 18 inches away from the canopy and the two girls are doing very well. 80% power was just about perfect for vegging. Suffered with burnt tips initially when going up to full power, had to raise the height to about 24 inches. My own personal opinion is that the 300 is overkill for a DR60, like you said, it will be difficult to use it at full power?  Either way, I'm really impressed so far, plus the lower temps have been a big bonus. 

That’s great thanks for the info. From the last few comments it sounds like the 200 is well suited to the DR60 but beyond 60cm would be pushing it.

I’ve gone for the 300 as I’d like to expand the space in the future and it’ll save me buying a second one. It would be good to try it on full power with a few experimental plants. I’ll maybe take a trip to the garden centre, see if I can find a test suitable subject and blast it for a couple of weeks.

How close was the light to the canopy when you noticed the burnt tips and do you think it was definitely the light causing the burning?

Few above seem to be running 8” or so without any problems. Fonz on the last page has his really close to the canopy.

when the lights are 8" from the tops they are well into flower, so I start reducing the height as they develop, as soon as the tops are pistills im at 10, going to 8"...

Some folks almost have them touching so it will dependant on your light - not all LEds are created equal... Also a couple of folk noted how bright they thought the 300 was against a 400 hid..I thought it was about the same if not a bit duller, but the light is different, and i have tints in me specs on after thought.

Tomato plant would probably be a good gauge at a guess? larger structure and heavy crop to bear that needs lots of p&K...Get an OD variety cause a lot of them are dwarf, and read how to grow them , like trussing at the 4th node etc...

Id just wack some cheap seeds in and see...youre still paying for all that light and environment - you may as well get something if you do ok...

19 hours ago, Smokey McBongface said:

That’s great thanks for the info. From the last few comments it sounds like the 200 is well suited to the DR60 but beyond 60cm would be pushing it.

I’ve gone for the 300 as I’d like to expand the space in the future and it’ll save me buying a second one. It would be good to try it on full power with a few experimental plants. I’ll maybe take a trip to the garden centre, see if I can find a test suitable subject and blast it for a couple of weeks.

How close was the light to the canopy when you noticed the burnt tips and do you think it was definitely the light causing the burning?

Few above seem to be running 8” or so without any problems. Fonz on the last page has his really close to the canopy.

Hi again, the burnt tips occurred around a week into flower ( Sweet Gelato/ Killer Kush auto). The light was maybe 12 inches away, within a few hours the sugar leaves were almost upright and canoeing. I have also had to correct a CalMag issue, particularly a Magnesium deficiency. Some say that led grows need more CalMag, some say it's not the case but mine definitely did. I'm also using a bit more feed than I usually do. I've now lowered the light to around 14 inches and keeping an eye on it. I was always led to believe that if you have your lights too close in late flower then you run the risk of bleaching your buds and losing THC?  So, I don't think I'll be dropping the lights any further. As it is, they're budding up nicely, more than happy considering its my first attempt with the Attis.

My 300W doing its things, first run from seed with LED for me. Gorilla Girlx XL autos from Sweetseeds in 11L fabric pots and one is 8L fabric pot 

only 3 weeks since seed met soil, set at 80% power (240W draw) 60cm from plant to light, if get round to it will get a diary up 

large.C576A3CC-2719-46E9-9134-766751A2E3FC.jpeg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jay1601 said:

My 300W doing its things, first run from seed with LED for me. Gorilla Girlx XL autos from Sweetseeds in 11L fabric pots and one is 8L fabric pot 

only 3 weeks since seed met soil, set at 80% power (240W draw) 60cm from plant to light, if get round to it will get a diary up 

large.C576A3CC-2719-46E9-9134-766751A2E3FC.jpeg

looking good :)

During seedling stage I keep the lights quite high and lower power to around 40%, veg time I tend to keep my lights about 8" to 10" from the plant and turn the power right down to say 40 then 60.. saves on the old elecy, I only use 80% max in flower as my tent is only 60cm x 120cm.. I have 2 Attis 200w side by side, the coverage across my entire tent is just perfect, from corner to corner. 

The added bonus of 2 lights side by side is that I grow 2 plants at a time and usually they are different strains, so I can adjust light height (and power if needs be) for either light to suit each plant.

Edited by budjam
  • Like 1

Hi everyone

Not a Lumex owner myself, I am from the opposite team so to speak, Ive bought myself the Maxibright Daylight 300 for my DR80 and been running it for almost 2 weeks now.

I hope you all don’t mind me being here, there is not much info about on either the Lumex or Maxi 300 as they both so new. 

Im not technical enough to tell the difference between the two, so my choice was made solely on which one was newer which proberbly says lots about me.

Dont want to tread on any toes so please let me know if you all down to share some notes.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sensi777 said:

Hi everyone

Not a Lumex owner myself, I am from the opposite team so to speak, Ive bought myself the Maxibright Daylight 300 for my DR80 and been running it for almost 2 weeks now.

I hope you all don’t mind me being here, there is not much info about on either the Lumex or Maxi 300 as they both so new. 

Im not technical enough to tell the difference between the two, so my choice was made solely on which one was newer which proberbly says lots about me.

Dont want to tread on any toes so please let me know if you all down to share some notes.

Having a look at both lights, it would appear both the Lumatek and Maxibright are manufactured and assembled by the same OEM and likely identical in specs. 

How have you been getting on with it the last few weeks?

I am really impressed and very happy with purchase
Was not prepared for how cool it runs, need to work on my heating game. 
Ive got 2 flowering in the centre on weaved plastic tubs to raise them and 2 more either side of them with about 3 side branches 

I have kept it on full power and my youngsters are growing big green leaves after changing lights with tight nodal spacing

The flowering on the other 2 plants is looking frosty 

Great coverage from the design I think 
I will admit to overwatering slightly it’s definitely not drying out the soil as fast as before 

Im no expert so I’d imagine it’s going to take a grow or 2 for me to get it nicely dialled in and consistent 

I have to have my dark glasses on 

Opening the tent door in the shed is like a scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark!

Edited by Sensi777
  • Like 1

So I'm relatively new to the LED scene - I currently have one SF1000 in a 80x80x160 tent and feel I need to upgrade.  After reading through all 8 pages of this thread I still don't know whether to go for this light or if there's another better suited to my space.  I am leaning towards the 300w but DIYLEDUK website recommends the 200W for 90x90 spaces.

What should I get? 

27 minutes ago, EggNigma said:

So I'm relatively new to the LED scene - I currently have one SF1000 in a 80x80x160 tent and feel I need to upgrade.  After reading through all 8 pages of this thread I still don't know whether to go for this light or if there's another better suited to my space.  I am leaning towards the 300w but DIYLEDUK website recommends the 200W for 90x90 spaces.

What should I get? 

Hi mate, I'm using the 200w in a 75x75x130 tent and have been this whole grow (well except 2 days when I had to wait for a replacement after it failed but that's another story).  You can see pics of the plants in my diary.  I feel it's adequate for the space based on my grow so far.  However, as you have slightly more space to cover and more headroom, for the sake of £100, I'd go for the 300w.  You can always dial it down if need be. 

The last couple of pages of this thread might be of interest.

• Like 1