Lumatek Attis LED - Owners thread

budjam

Hi all

A few of us now own these lights so I thought a dedicated thread where we can discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly about them without clogging up other threads lol

I'm runnings 2 x 200w attis side by side in a 60cmx120cm, absolutely love the spread of light in my tent now, I love having 2 lights so I can dedicate one to each 60x60 of the tent, makes growing 2 different types of plants so much easier, a 4ft hight sativa next to a 2ft high indica and just adjust each light height to suit:)

And what about that dam sexy lumatek purple heat sinks tho? 

:punk:

Edited by Dodgee
Remove off-site links
  • Like 10

Nice one bro :headbang:

Has anyone swapped from HPS to LED mid flowering ? 

im currently at week 4 don’t want wait until next grow to swap out lights, eager to see what it can do but equally don’t want to screw up the current plants if it stresses them out 

• Like 1

Great idea @budjam  

They certainly look the part, time will tell if I can make the most of them.  My first grow is underway with seeds sown 2 days ago so all info is good info at this point.  I'll have a diary up in the Dinafem Seeds4diary section if and when my seedlings emerge so will link to that occasionally which can hopefully be of some use.

I'm running 1 x 200w in a 75 x 75 x 130.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jay1601 said:

Nice one bro :headbang:

Has anyone swapped from HPS to LED mid flowering ? 

im currently at week 4 don’t want wait until next grow to swap out lights, eager to see what it can do but equally don’t want to screw up the current plants if it stresses them out 

Not HPS but i swapped my 2 shitty spider farmer leds out at around week 5 for the 2 lumatek leds, Buds loved it :)

My plants were auto's though so not likely to get to stressed and hermie out or something lol 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BudJ said:

Great idea @budjam  

They certainly look the part, time will tell if I can make the most of them.  My first grow is underway with seeds sown 2 days ago so all info is good info at this point.  I'll have a diary up in the Dinafem Seeds4diary section if and when my seedlings emerge so will link to that occasionally which can hopefully be of some use.

I'm running 1 x 200w in a 75 x 75 x 130.

awesome mate, will be checking that out for sure.

Would also be handy if over time we get a list of "average" settings for power and height from seed to harvest :)

I quote "average" as every plants different as we know but a rough guide would help a lot of people out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, budjam said:

awesome mate, will be checking that out for sure.

Would also be handy if over time we get a list of "average" settings for power and height from seed to harvest :)

I quote "average" as every plants different as we know but a rough guide would help a lot of people out.

Completely agree.  At this stage I'm lost when it comes to light height and intensity but I'll be recording it throughout the grow to help with my next one. 

There was nothing in the Lumatek user guide to say what height and intensity to use, however it did say that the intensity control means the height doesn't need to be adjusted at each stage.  Who knows how accurate that is. 

If anyone has any advice on light height/intensity for seedlings I'm all ears :)

• Like 3

I have one too, Attis 300, currently  in a box in my garage...just waiting to set the new space up and finishing off my current 400w hps grow...

I’ve had it for at least 3 months, In fact it wasnt released when I first tried to buy it...and before most of you had the delivery and supply woes...I was obviously smarter ;-) lol, quicker, stronger, lighter, faster and just generally better? lol..

jokes aside I saw migroman do the Zeus and he shit himself, in camera. Hence the discontinuance of his current range. So I decided that the tech was the same, less umols but essentially the same so jumped right in...

I think if used correctly this light is a game change for its price point, apparently they’re loss leading it a bit until the cost of the tech they use comes down a bit, such is Lumateks confidence they can capture the lions homegrown market...if it does what it truly says it will, it will be the game changer and lumatek will have smashed it again.  

Looking forward to the power saving aspect as well as the less harsh grow conditions for my buds...

exciting times, and in 2 Weeks we’re off and running...

• Like 5

Im in...not using mine yet either, got to redesign my space for led too..seems to be a bit of a thing thats necessary. Im also still growing under a 400w hps too or 440 anyway...but not for much longer...im nearly done :)

Im led in veg already, 150w 4000k full spectrum and love that, iuts the same as a 400w MH lol...but the change from cfl to led was hard. plant adjusting slower growth, burnt to shite until I bought lux meter, but it more than all good now :)

Nice to meet y'all

• Like 1

Boom. Got them up finally. Let’s see how much cooler it’ll be. Still gotta tinker to find out the right distance from the tops but they’re a lovely looking thing. True test tomorrow when it’s not freakishly hot. As of now room is about 26, tent 29 so not bad at all. Hps was coming in at 33/34 unless I wapped the extract on full.

Had to rearrange everything as well as being teacher, chef and chief arsewiper for the short armed lickle buggers lol

Also potted everything up. Just had to get them going after all the waiting! Straight away you can see how the light is distributed so much better. 

Good idea about putting all the heads together to come up with an approximate height at certain settings. 

Looking forward to the next few days see how we get on!

• Like 2

This is the light count im working to, lux meter was £20 on amazon..

Clones, seedlings and mothers, 5-7K lux

Vegetive growth 15k-50K...watching and looking until they settle...as they grow into the light theyre ok, so no smashing of the jump!

Flowering 45-65K lux...

Its not par, or spectrometered but its about the right amount of light, just in a less sceintific calculation...

The no brainer bit is the £20 lux meter.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Boom. Got them up finally. Let’s see how much cooler it’ll be. Still gotta tinker to find out the right distance from the tops but they’re a lovely looking thing. True test tomorrow when it’s not freakishly hot. As of now room is about 26, tent 29 so not bad at all. Hps was coming in at 33/34 unless I wapped the extract on full.

Had to rearrange everything as well as being teacher, chef and chief arsewiper for the short armed lickle buggers

The only way I could read this was by highlighting with my cursor. Think of us older folks!

• Like 6

Found a spec sheet for the 200w on Lumatek's website.  They recommend the following

large.5ef6f5e1c241d_AttisrecommendedPPFD.PNG

On the spec sheet they provide results from tests they conducted on a 1m x 1m area :-  

large.5ef6f9332371d_Attistestresult.PNG

I'm reading it as 30cm from canopy the light emits roughly 750 PPFD, presumably at full power.  OK for flowering.

For seedlings then (100-300 PPFD) power should be reduced to around 40% if run at 30cm.   

I might be talking utter bollocks though and happy to be corrected.

Edited by Owderb
Link removed
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, budjam said:

I'm runnings 2 x 200w attis side by side in a 60cmx120cm, absolutely love the spread of light in my tent now, I love having 2 lights so I can dedicate one to each 60x60 of the tent, makes growing 2 different types of plants so much easier, a 4ft hight sativa next to a 2ft high indica and just adjust each light height to suit:)

Dude can I ask what sort of extraction your running with that setup iam in the process of setting up a similar size groom and hadn’t thought of running two lights like that seems ideal

I think the optimum height for the 300w is 400-600MM above the canopy...assuming 400mm is for flowering, and 600mm for veg.

To be honest to the laymen, like us, umol counts and readings mean nothing, apart from the science...Im not about to go and spend 2.5 times the light cost for the par meter that tells you that info to position your light, thats why I looked about for the lux count, just because its near enough, and I can tweek the height and experiment, and the meter is 20 quid to take the reading.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ursus1000 said:

The only way I could read this was by highlighting with my cursor. Think of us older folks!

Sorry owd chap. It was cut and pasted. Appeared fine from my end. I’m not admitting to being old yet but I too struggle when text appears black, that’s what I’m assuming happened here. I promise not to be a lazy bastard cut by paster in future 

• Like 1