Lumatek Attis LED - Owners thread

budjam

thanks for the sharp response 

I think 74RH is about the highest  it’s going to get - The size of humidifier , tent  , current light wattage/distance  = temperature and extraction speed setting , I don’t think it’s due to rise anymore but I’m still finding a sweet spot on the dial to keep it balanced since only got the humidifier today , dialled it down a bit now , it was on max   

so if it’s regarding dew point , abit of ultrasonic mist shouldn’t  hurt it then ? I mean the ballast itself isn’t wet , niether are the walls of the tent etc it’s not soaking the light , don’t get me wrong but the mist is rising around it , so I should be ok with this level of so called moisture and baring in mind the distance and wattage may change in a few days anyways 

I just don’t want to have to take this back due to abit of mist frying the transformer or an led chip  , as we know ,  it’s a decent light 

I could by all means knock the light up to 60cm and switch to 120w but I feel it wouldn’t be worth it , for next few days Atleast regarding lekky  , but if I have to I will of course ,  it seems fairly dialed in for this current stage of growth and would be slightly annoying having to reposition for the sake of mist from a humidifier 

Regards C 

Edited by Cannabal Spliffter

On 05/08/2020 at 5:10 PM, EggNigma said:

So I'm relatively new to the LED scene - I currently have one SF1000 in a 80x80x160 tent and feel I need to upgrade.  After reading through all 8 pages of this thread I still don't know whether to go for this light or if there's another better suited to my space.  I am leaning towards the 300w but DIYLEDUK website recommends the 200W for 90x90 spaces.

What should I get? 

The website recommends the 300w variant for a 90x90 space , assuming that’s what you meant

diyleduk collections/90cm-x-90cm-area..

but I would recommend a 90x90x185 (especially the DR) Over a 80x80x160 space regardless  :skin_up:

1 hour ago, Cannabal Spliffter said:

thanks for the sharp response 

I think 74RH is about the highest  it’s going to get - The size of humidifier , tent  , current light wattage/distance  = temperature and extraction speed setting , I don’t think it’s due to rise anymore but I’m still finding a sweet spot on the dial to keep it balanced since only got the humidifier today , dialled it down a bit now , it was on max   

so if it’s regarding dew point , abit of ultrasonic mist shouldn’t  hurt it then ? I mean the ballast itself isn’t wet , niether are the walls of the tent etc it’s not soaking the light , don’t get me wrong but the mist is rising around it , so I should be ok with this level of so called moisture and baring in mind the distance and wattage may change in a few days anyways 

I just don’t want to have to take this back due to abit of mist frying the transformer or an led chip  , as we know ,  it’s a decent light 

I could by all means knock the light up to 60cm and switch to 120w but I feel it wouldn’t be worth it , for next few days Atleast regarding lekky  , but if I have to I will of course ,  it seems fairly dialed in for this current stage of growth and would be slightly annoying having to reposition for the sake of mist from a humidifier 

Regards C 

Turn you humidifier off before lights out so humidity is lower,

so that if/when temps fall at lights off,

you're less likely to get condensation.

:toot:

• Like 1

I think theyre IP65? or is it 67? have a look in the manual, it should tell you :) ...IP68 is submersible/waterproof and it varies backward, google would be more specific than me, but the l'm fairly sure the lights are splash proof. The leds are also behind a vinyl protective shield. The IP classification will tell you exactly what it can take before exploding ^^

• Like 1

Thanks for assurances however as stated in my 1st comment

“Manual says IP20 

over at DiYLed U.K. it says it’s IP65 standards
so which is it” 

• Like 1

Generally speaking though a humidifier wouldn’t cause the ballast problems lights on because of the consistent temperatures doesn’t have a chance to build up moisture again though however from what I can tell IP20 isn’t even water resistant 

need to edit to include the fact the difference between directing misting with a bottle to how a humidifier releases vapour when it comes to electronics and so mist from humidifier should be ok with lights on won’t be using it with lights off there’s no need , but on , don’t want vapour seeping into the ballast when I’m not about so hence the concern that everyone is pussy footing around it’s quite simple what I’m asking

** is this led light Set to 60w safe to use fairly close to a humidifier**

despite the fact that it is apparently IP20 

I’ve “come up with” a diy diffuser of sorts made from a small usb desk fan hung it from its stand facing down at the light from above on a ratchet like mission impossible style which maintains the mist from rising to it but over the plant enough but so it also isn’t blowing seedling around  whilst cooling the light heat mixing with the mist at the same time which has ended up giving me at 40% (120w/40-50cm) now steady 26c and a 74% humidity so I’m going to knock the humidifier back I’d like to get it at 65% for best of both worlds , zeroG I read you maintain 70% humidity throughout is that correct 

whilst on the subject of humidity anyone know of one that doesn’t gurgle every 5-10 minutes? Sound of it sometimes makes  me think someone is knocking at my door :ninja:

BudJ I read that your 200w starts at 80w instead of the 60w incrementS  ? Odd because yours does jump after that to the 60w increments like 120w then 180w ? 
saying all that I think I’d of preferred 80w to start as well on the A300ttis

i also read that yours failed on you after 4 weeks , what happened to it ? 

PS. 
for anyone’s interest regarding water resistance of the Attis the manual claims IP20 diy led claims IP65 , he ought to change that ASAP if it’s not correct https://www.wolfautomation.com/blog/what-does-ip20-mean-actually-what-does-any-ip-mean/ 

Yeah that’s exactly what I said lol at least what I meant , my point was I’d of preferred 80w to 60w on the Attis 300w it starts at 60w 20% then goes up every 60w 

I was just comparing the differences doesn’t matter but what happened to your light 

8 minutes ago, Cannabal Spliffter said:

Yeah that’s exactly what I said lol at least what I meant , my point was I’d of preferred 80w to 60w on the Attis 300w it starts at 60w 20% then goes up every 60w 

I was just comparing the differences doesn’t matter but what happened to your light 

Completely failed after 5 weeks or so. I sent it back and ordered another. Lumatek suspect the driver went and a couple of folk on here suspected the same but I’ll never know for sure, just hope this one lasts longer!

Shit that’s not good ,considering you made this thread and all  that’s why I was holding up a concern as well about water resistance

diy led U.K. has it claimed to be IP65 when manual says IP20 - which isn’t water proof at all , but I’ve come to realise when the light is on the moisture isn’t enough for it settle like a bottle mister so it’s all good I hope , but as I’ve said got a fan hovering over it so the ‘mist’ from humidifier doesn’t touch the driver.’

ive noticed since using from yesterday it has sped up growth quite abit ! 

In all fairness dude, its a grow light, as long as you water your plants, and not the light, its should be, and I repeat, should be ok!

Im misting every 5 minutes almost, humidity at 70 sometimes after watering and foliar feeding...its been ok so far...