Lumatek Attis LED - Owners thread

budjam

Aye much much cooler. But just slow yer extraction down. Remembering it’s (just been) winter though. Come summer I’ll get that Bob on 29 without supplementing heat. LEDs really are your friend in summer. But just keep a heater or a smaller MH/HPS bulb spare to hand. In my space a 150w MH is perfect to heat the room. Much cheaper than a radiator. If I was to advise it’s definitely beneficial to be fluid on lighting. Especially when it comes to temps or time of year or what not.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just to echo the variables in regards to different genetics respond to hanging heights.

I’ve had the 300w running at 240w, around 15cm from some of the tops as I’ve ran out of space. Had 0 issues compared to my previous attempts, some fox tailing but no burnt leaves or damaged trichs. 

I’ve just seen AC Infinity have a 300w fully dimmable unit in the works - IONGRID S33. Wonder how the price will compare to the Attis. Looks really nice. 

• 5 months later...

Hi all, I’m on my second grow using an Attis 300. Last grow I only started using it at flowering stage so was 100% power and quite close to tops from day 1. 
I’m on week 4 of growing 3 autos in my 60x60 tent and have the lights at 80% power and about 50cm height. Is this too much? 1 of the plants is showing some signs of stress (but also had fungus gnats on it). The other 2 look healthy but have remained short and really bushy which I’ve read could be a sign of too much light. 
any suggestions from those who have done full grows would be appreciated. 

@JeffLebowski I don’t understand autoflowering plants like. But you mean 4 weeks from seed? 240w does seem a little excessive at this stage. Turn it down n save yer sen some lecky :yep: …. I veg under 2 Attis 200’s. They’re on 120w each. Everything is plodding along fine. That’s with 4 plants ready to go into flower and they’re fine despite their maturity. 

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

@JeffLebowski I don’t understand autoflowering plants like. But you mean 4 weeks from seed? 240w does seem a little excessive at this stage. Turn it down n save yer sen some lecky :yep: …. I veg under 2 Attis 200’s. They’re on 120w each. Everything is plodding along fine. That’s with 4 plants ready to go into flower and they’re fine despite their maturity. 

Cheers @mikeydoughnut yes 23 days since they popped out of the ground. They’re still in full vegetation phase but will likely switch to early flower in the next week or so. Will try lowering the intensity to 60%. Is the height ok at 50cm from canopy?

• Like 2

If you work up in stages it can be a bit more forgiving but I’ve found if the top of the plant is stressed the middle to low tends to thrive. The light penetration of the 300w through a canopy isn’t great, so the closer you can keep it the better. As long as the tops don’t suffer too much you’ll be fine.

Some strains can take the extra light without issue, others not so much. 

• Like 3

@JeffLebowski I’d be inclined to drop it to 40% 120w. Remember you’re lighting the space rather than the plants, although some will argue with that. I believe it’s  summat like 30/40w per square foot. I think it more wise to push the light in flower as a 300w is over sized for the tent (sensible imo so not having a go). I wouldn’t use 300w as a target either. As Smokey says just turn it up n observe. But me being a pussy I’d only start going upto 60 once flower starts. But that’s just me. I don’t usually like to stick me neck out since it draws all the Tommy Toppers. So just my 2p :) 

@JeffLebowski my first grow with the 300w, I only took it up to 80% at a height of 30cm from the canopy, in a 70x70 tent. Things turned out very well. Not a hint of any problems with the buds, and the smoke came out really nice. 

My second grow under the same light and I cranked it up to 100%, that was a big mistake, as I burnt quite a few buds. Although admittedly, some of the burnt buds did get real close to the led, even after super cropping. I didn’t end up smoking any from this grow, I just stripped the plants for edibles.

Now on my third run with this light, and I’ll be keeping it at  80% or below from now on. It’s more than enough for such a small space. The plants look like they’re loving it, and the temps are quite a bit easier to manage without that extra heat output.  

The plants are currently in their first week of flower, light set at 60% and everything looks good. I’ll crank it up to 80% at about 3 weeks in to flower and with the outside temps falling, the extra output should help increase the temperature inside the tent.
Well that’s the plan anyway. 

Good luck finding your sweet spot. 

ATB, 42

Edited by four2
Typo
  • Like 5

@four2 @Smokey McBongface cheers for the feedback and advice. I’ve dialed it down to 60% and am at 48-50cm from canopy. I’ll see how they react to that. 

@mikeydoughnut

One of the plants showing pre-flowers so reluctant to go down to 40% now but I’ll see how they react over the next 4-5 days and adjust from there 

Some of the new growth showing some light green/yellowish tint at the tips could be a sign of light stress? Temps are under control at 22-23 max and 20min 

large.D2FBDBAC-798C-46FD-8C41-217250BA0BDE.jpeglarge.030D7483-9C7C-49D5-B565-7D651850992C.jpeg

these are the (what look like) pre flowers?

large.D95B6E34-37FF-4BD6-81DE-7A3217BFD617.jpeg

apols don’t want to turn this into the ‘diagnose my sick plant’ thread but might help in a dialing in the lights right 

• Like 1

Aye no bother. Just keep on top of it like. I believe autos throw their toys out of the pram and can be hard to recover. Best to slightly under do things than over for them. You’ll be reyt :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm having headroom problems this grow.  The stretch is finally over and the tops are 20cm from my Attis 200w, which is at full power and can't be moved any higher.  

Anyone have a view if this is too close for that much light?

Previous grows have been fine at 30cm full power all through flower but this feels too close.  No signs of burning yet at almost 5 weeks into flowering.

On 22/11/2022 at 8:56 PM, Harry Herb said:

I'm having headroom problems this grow.  The stretch is finally over and the tops are 20cm from my Attis 200w, which is at full power and can't be moved any higher.  

Anyone have a view if this is too close for that much light?

Previous grows have been fine at 30cm full power all through flower but this feels too close.  No signs of burning yet at almost 5 weeks into flowering.

Heavily supercrop with support, and you probably wouldn’t see any evidence of burning immediately, unless touching the light, it will develop over time, always better to deal with it before it’s a problem. The leaf efficiency is already compromised if they’re that close. Which could contribute to growth/yield loss, poor plant health and susceptibility to disease.

no one like to be dehydrated lol

• 1 year later...

What's the optimal size tent for the lumatek Attis 300w 90cm or 1m?

Currently have the 200w in a 60x70 space running @120w last run hit 1.5 Gpw but looking to upgrade. I guess I could put that into an 80cm tent but will probs just want to upgrade straight away so may as well do them both 

TIA