Lumatek Attis LED - Owners thread

budjam

• 2 weeks later...

At 300w mine bloody hot 

I can’t keep hand on it for more than a few seconds so I dunno what em punk is referring to but at 300w any light is going to get hot , all be it not as hot as hps or hid.... but don’t underestimate the heat the Attis (or any mid range led at a true wattage) give off , not unless mines broke ? Should it be giving off that much heat to the touch at full power  ? A question I believe I’ve asked before on this thread... 

Edited by Placeinspace

The light is functioning as it should, the whole point of the heat sink is in the name heat sink 

The heat generated by the diodes and the board tracings gets pulled away from the board into the sink where it is able to dissipate into the atmosphere.. 

I'd be more worried if they didn't get hot.  The heat produced is roughly equal to hid its just emitted/radiated in a different manner. 

HID bulbs blast heat downwards from the bulb and reflector. LEDs pull the heat up and away from the canopy. 

That's my understanding anyway :yinyang:

• Like 4

A question for the Attis mob... i have 2 x 300w Attis in a grow space . 2.2 m  long .. 0.8m wide.. 2m high... 5 weeks into 12/12... all going well , i have them about  12=14 inches above canopy on full power..they are not quite covering the area... would it be overkill to stick another Attis in to cover the whole space ?...,,, any advice would be cool chaps

On 12/03/2021 at 9:25 PM, Nuggsy said:

A question for the Attis mob... i have 2 x 300w Attis in a grow space . 2.2 m  long .. 0.8m wide.. 2m high... 5 weeks into 12/12... all going well , i have them about  12=14 inches above canopy on full power..they are not quite covering the area... would it be overkill to stick another Attis in to cover the whole space ?...,,, any advice would be cool chaps

i have two maxibright 300ws and a cmh 315 in a 1.2m2 and it's looking like a bumper harvest if i can keep them happy, the lights are a few inches away from the buds as they stretched like fuck

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 3

Thanks, i was thinking of another Attis.. i reckon i could get them down to 10 inches and still cover the whole area, next grow in the Autumn.

• Like 1

Just now, Nuggsy said:

i was thinking of another Attis..

i have upgraded already to par+ and i want to sell one of the 300's and i only added the cmh for extra heat, the 300's are quite cool compared to the par+`s the 465w kicks out some serious warmth and i haven't needed to worry and i now have a 600w par+ that will be similar to a hps i expect.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the 300 for my 120x60x110cm.

I only grow 1 or 2 at the same time due to limit the damage if caught.

I've grown both 250w and 400w hps using a ton of LST with autos to keep the plants low in height, but I want led dense buds!

Figuring id have to use my own ratchets as literally every cm counts in my restricted space.

Anyone else growing in a stubby tent, 120cm in height or less?

P.s. only growing 1 or 2 means my filter can hang at ceiling height next to the current lighting:

large.20201031_115854_compress11.jpg

large.20201231_130922_resize_76_compress33.jpg

Edited by superfruit
  • Like 3

What about 2 x 200W's instead? 

Then you could have one plant per light :)

Just with the space being rectangular instead of square. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

Thought about 2 or a rectangle light but I'm really strapped for vertical space. Filter and fire extinguisher are positioned where the second light would hang.

To be honest, 2 lights would probably be a bit much for my intentions and budget. I'm happy growing 1 nice plant, but may occasionally squeeze a second under the same light. Never doing 3 again - yielded more than I was comfortable with (local laws are considerably tougher than England) - damage mitigation/paranoia).

The 200w would probably do for my needs but I'd rather spend just a few quid more to have the 300w and have the option to use the extra power.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to ask again but whats the best height from the tops of the plants and what power 7th week flowering & whats temps are you running lights on /off folks

thanks

43 minutes ago, onceandfutureking1 said:

sorry to ask again but whats the best height from the tops of the plants and what power 7th week flowering & whats temps are you running lights on /off folks

thanks

i just finished a grow at full power just a few inches away

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ratdog said:

i just finished a grow at full power just a few inches away

thanks bud

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had to downgrade to a 0.8 x 0.8 X 1.8 tent, would the Attis 300w be overkill for that space? Just feel od be disappointed with the return on the 200w going through flower.