Lumatek Attis LED - Owners thread

budjam

i know they do in the zeus 600 (only one that says it does) @Jay1601 but in the attis lummatek says on their site " featuring top bin LUMLED LEDs " and maxi bright daylight says on theirs "Only quality LUMLED LEDs used." but the only place i can find LUMLED is the 2/3 products that are the same from 2 dif companies. im sure i read somewhere on the forums that lumatek had claimed to make them but they never shared the quote or where it was said. I think it was saying the LUMLEDs are used in the zeus 600pro too

Edited by WhyNotEyy

• 3 weeks later...

What's everyone running their Attis at now?  I'm 5 weeks in at 35cm (200w).  Wondering if I can safely get a bit closer.....

I've got mine 8 inches from the tops at 100% - no discolouration or bleaching so far, and its been like that for over a week, maybe 10 days. So far I cant really see the light being any further away, its just cuts the footprint off drastically. I've got well under 1m2 usable flowering space, probably 0.7-.08maybe, my fringe plants are somewhat weedy lol, im considering binning them to be fair. I thought Id get the 1m it advertises out of it, but its not to be.

Its good in that smaller area, as long as your festooning your plants at 8-10 inches height, full whack obviously. At the recommended 16" its like CFL all over again. Stretchy lanky plants with 3 hair bud sites lol

I should have got the bigger light like Fonzie up there...but I thought it would do what it said better - and besides I couldn't afford a bigger light :( . -+

But those plants in the middle focus, where the Attis's true light numbers are, are smashing plants for sure. There's just not enough of them out of my plants footprint and numbers. I think my only real gripe with led is the plant sizes as the veg is so good, fast, prolific, healthy :) , but then the strip lights lack the oomph to penetrate any real sensible distance into the canopy, so you end up with lots little wispy stems wafting aboot the place doin nowt. but you continually stress and inhibit the plants growth by cutting them off to try and concentrate the bud sites you want to develop, so your not harvesting a plant that's just pop corn buds. Just my experience obviously, but I'm into my 3rd flower cycle. I have separate veg so I just keep the Attis on 12/12 and my strains are 8 week finishers...

• Like 2

Hey guys, first post I’m considering an Attis 300 so thought this would be the place to ask.

Any thoughts on how the 300 would do in a smaller space - a DR60 tent?

The 200 seems perfect for the DR60 but I’d prefer to get the 300 so I can upgrade the space in the future. 

I’m assuming I could dim the light and it would be ok?

Edited by Smokey McBongface

7 minutes ago, zeroG said:

I've got mine 8 inches from the tops at 100% - no discolouration or bleaching so far, and its been like that for over a week, maybe 10 days. So far I cant really see the light being any further away, its just cuts the footprint off drastically. I've got well under 1m2 usable flowering space, probably 0.7-.08maybe, my fringe plants are somewhat weedy lol, im considering binning them to be fair. I thought Id get the 1m it advertises out of it, but its not to be.

Its good in that smaller area, as long as your festooning your plants at 8-10 inches height, full whack obviously. At the recommended 16" its like CFL all over again. Stretchy lanky plants with 3 hair bud sites lol

I should have got the bigger light like Fonzie up there...but I thought it would do what it said better - and besides I couldn't afford a bigger light :( . -+

But those plants in the middle focus, where the Attis's true light numbers are, are smashing plants for sure. There's just not enough of them out of my plants footprint and numbers. I think my only real gripe with led is the plant sizes as the veg is so good, fast, prolific, healthy :) , but then the strip lights lack the oomph to penetrate any real sensible distance into the canopy, so you end up with lots little wispy stems wafting aboot the place doin nowt. but you continually stress and inhibit the plants growth by cutting them off to try and concentrate the bud sites you want to develop, so your not harvesting a plant that's just pop corn buds. Just my experience obviously, but I'm into my 3rd flower cycle. I have separate veg so I just keep the Attis on 12/12 and my strains are 8 week finishers...

I saw the other thread mate and your complaint about them, it's my first grow and have no reference point but it's got me worried about the periphery.  Only have 2 plants but they're wide and easily filling the 75x75 area.  Will keep an eye on it.  Been very happy with it in veg but we'll see how the buds turn out.

Should mention as well that the light completely failed last week and I had to return it for a replacement.  Not great after only 4 weeks of use.    

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smokey McBongface said:

Hey guys, first post I’m considering an Attis 300 so thought this would be the place to ask.

Any thoughts on how the 300 would do in a smaller space - a DR60 tent?

The 200 is seems perfect for the DR60 but I’d prefer to get the 300 so I can upgrade the space in the future. 

I’m assuming I could dim the light and it would be ok?

DR60 is 60x60 right?  According to Lumatek the 200 would be ok but I'd go for the 300 if you're likely to upsize the tent.  As you say you can easily dim it - 20% increments.  Make sure it fits though the 300 is slightly bigger than the 200.

• Like 1

I'm only disappointed with the footprint, in this game I have always, and along with everyone else, counted a lights coverage as flowering...not outer rim veg and flowering the middle, WTF is that? lol ...That to me is pushing it a bit on details making something appear to be what its not. Its not a 1m light, I was expecting 1m flowering area as advertised, "up to 1m flowering" is the direct quote - "up to" being key - ambiguous enough to get away with it too. Very clever! 

It was only a direct email from Lumatek R&D after I complained about that, that i was rebuked by "Martim" in R&D - and told the light would only flower 0.8 - under no circumstances is it a 1m flowering light lol ...aaaaand, he also said, making me feel like an idiot, that all the footprints are veg only anyway! Just feel a bit robbed and duped lol.  Even DIYLED man on here upscaled his idea of the light to 1.2m veg lol , I assume because he interpreted the light the same as me...1m coverage...and with the extra light for the power LED equation, then the light would, feasibly bulk up to 1.2m which paid a big part in my decision to buy one. Big mistake and not impressed with that either really. 

21 minutes ago, BudJ said:

DR60 is 60x60 right?  According to Lumatek the 200 would be ok but I'd go for the 300 if you're likely to upsize the tent.  As you say you can easily dim it - 20% increments.  Make sure it fits though the 300 is slightly bigger than the 200.

can you get the zeus in there? With Lumatek you need to make sure you have enough lol 300 is 560mm2 size, perfect for a 600 tent, but not a 1m tent, that's too big :P 

8 minutes ago, zeroG said:

can you get the zeus in there? With Lumatek you need to make sure you have enough lol 300 is 560mm2 size, perfect for a 600 tent, but not a 1m tent, that's too big :P 

I have 2 x 200w attis side by side in a 120cmx60cm tent.. Flowering like a dream, no leggyness, Bud sites galore. Loving it! :smokin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BudJ said:

Yep that’s right it’s a 60cm tent, looking at the 300 specs it should fit with around an inch to spare to the edge of the tent. 

While it’s overkill for the space I’m thinking I could maybe run it at 60-80% 180-240w for flowering and it’d still be ok.

On 09/07/2020 at 6:26 PM, Guest said:

Those cable clips that come with the light don’t offer much in the way of headroom , anyone know of suppliers that sell those but shorter in length ? 

I bought some 3mm stainless steel wire, some crimpers and fittings and made my own small version of the provided long ass hangers, Well get a pic of them up soon..

Much better as can pull them right up to top off tent...well to the carbon filter.. :) 

38 minutes ago, budjam said:

I bought some 3mm stainless steel wire, some crimpers and fittings and made my own small version of the provided long ass hangers, Well get a pic of them up soon..

Much better as can pull them right up to top off tent...well to the carbon filter.. :) 

I used jack chain and mini carabinas, then I can have a bit of tilt for the lower plants...

54 minutes ago, Smokey McBongface said:

Yep that’s right it’s a 60cm tent, looking at the 300 specs it should fit with around an inch to spare to the edge of the tent. 

While it’s overkill for the space I’m thinking I could maybe run it at 60-80% 180-240w for flowering and it’d still be ok.

I think it would probably be about right on full whack after seedling stage has passed in that space. I have ther light 8 inches from the tops...

• Like 1