Mighty Wonder Fuck outdoor grow 2020

Tommy tucker

Last night i did a different swamp run. This swamp is dry as a bone at the moment. So i took this opportunity to setup the cages and swamp bags. 

large.20200513_212557.jpglarge.20200513_212613.jpg

Each bag has 50 L of soil and handful of slow release nutrients. The soil that was stored at the site was soaked so i emptied this into a bag.  Still a few more soil drop off to do. Lets wait for the evening to warm up and i can consider planting out.

• Like 7

Temps should be starting to ease a bit now over the next week, looks like you've caught up after your drone hiccup anyway mate 

• Like 2

Finally last night i planted out ! One minor embarrassing issue is that i can't even count to 7 . As i have 7 seedlings and 6 towers. Looks i like i'll need to construct another tower at some point later this week. Plant out was smooth and done in complete darkness. Its hard trying to be silent carrying a massive bucket through a swamp full of crunchy reeds. That's why i choose a night time raid. I'll pop back in tomorrow with the extra kit and some water for top feeding.

Glad to get these in the tubes and now i can sit back and watch how this pans out.

@Amarillo slim I only took one photo and it was so shit it isn't worth uploading it here. I'll get some decent photos next visit.  

• Like 4

Good news chaps ! Despite being dyslexic and some times unable to count to 7. My 6 MWF are in the ground .I slipped into the dry swamp and crunched my way to the plot two days after plant out. Everything was going well.

large.20200521_200927.jpg

Still one more plant to go. As i forgot some of the kit i needed to plant out.

large.20200521_200743.jpg

Alot of farmer activity at the moment so i have to be alert and have my wits about me. The local farmer was spraying his crops.

large.20200521_200722.jpglarge.20200521_200726.jpglarge.20200521_200731.jpglarge.20200521_200736.jpglarge.20200521_200745.jpg

One or two signs of shock but nothing to be worried about. I gave them a quick top feed of water and then did one.

large.20200521_200941.jpg

No sign of rain as this swamp is dryer then a nuns chuff. This is England so rain is never far away.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

Nice work, fingers crossed for ya that it all goes smoothly

Cheers mate.

Just to say mate those slow release pellets look like the Miracle Gro ones I have put into a couple of tomato pots as an experiment, I put in way less than you used and it made the soil mix hot as fuck, the toms are just about taking it but I would've preferred if I didn't use them, just to let you know, hope it works out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RollidMong said:

Just to say mate those slow release pellets look like the Miracle Gro ones I have put into a couple of tomato pots as an experiment, I put in way less than you used and it made the soil mix hot as fuck, the toms are just about taking it but I would've preferred if I didn't use them, just to let you know, hope it works out.

When you say hot you mean like endomethic when they break down?

40 minutes ago, Tommy tucker said:

When you say hot you mean like endomethic when they break down?

I don't know what endomethic means. I mean they are really strong nutrient wise, I was just worried that your plants would be over fed with the amount I see in the pictures. I have the pellets in a couple of pots so maybe it's not such an issue in the open ground, I'm really not sure, just thought I'd add what I had experienced of Miracle Gro slow release. All the best with the grow - really interested to see how these seeds turn out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RollidMong said:

I don't know what endomethic means. I mean they are really strong nutrient wise, I was just worried that your plants would be over fed with the amount I see in the pictures. I have the pellets in a couple of pots so maybe it's not such an issue in the open ground, I'm really not sure, just thought I'd add what I had experienced of Miracle Gro slow release. All the best with the grow - really interested to see how these seeds turn out.

lol I actually mean exothermic - To give of heat from a chemical reaction 

@RollidMong To be fair your probably right. I just chucked them in and did one ( not really thinking about it) . Lets see what happens as i'm completely new to this approach.

Nice work @Tommy tucker...

One thing I noticed on couple pics though is the tops of the peat pots sticking out of the compost...?  Ideally you want them totally buried, as that top part can cause drying out of the pot through capillary action and prevent the plants roots from leaving the pot as easily, stunting growth and stressing the plants, potentially leading to flowering...   So if your going back soon I'd be looking to top up those tubes where the pots are visible :yep:

• Like 1

Cheers @Amarillo slimI have some soil left so i can do that. I hadn't considered that actually.  Last night i finally managed to plant my last MWF. @RollidMong This last swamp bag i avoided using any slow release nutrients , mycorrhizae or any additional additives as a little test to see what happens.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday it rained solidly from 8 in the morning till about 10 at night. I thought i'd take this opportunity to pop out to see my Mighty Wonder Fuck plot.

large.20200618_202431.jpg

lollollol 

large.20200618_202423.jpg

When i arrived at the plot i actually laughed out loud when i saw it for the first time. My dry swamp and had turned into a fucking lake. My season has just got even better. I knew the swamp towers and plants would be completely submerged under the water. 

I attempted to walk round the edge but the water at waist height so i went the other way. After 20 mins of battling through the edge of the swamp. The water was up past my wellies.

large.20200618_204201.jpg

Finally i arrived at the spot to see a few heads sticking up above the water. I could see 3 above the water but the rest are completely submerged under the water.

large.20200618_204204.jpglarge.20200618_204309.jpglarge.20200618_204312.jpglarge.20200618_204320.jpglarge.20200618_204358.jpglarge.20200618_204509.jpg

Finally i arrived at the spot to see a few heads sticking up above the water. I could see 3 above the water but the rest are completely submerged under the water.

Fucking great.

Well that's that then really. I had no idea this swamp was the runoff lake for the whole area. My mistake i don't no this area and i had no idea this would happen.

@Amarillo slim - I'm sorry mate but i think this plot one is a goner.

I'm praying that this swamp drains as quick as it fills up ! I pop back and remove the plants, and move them to higher ground somewhere close by. 

But i'm not sure if that will happen in the next day or two. But i'll try and aim for the end of the week because the weather is looking good

As i write this post - Its been fucking it down hard for at least two hours solid. They would have been under water for at least 24 hours. lol Well show isn't over until the fat lady sings. In my case the show isn't over until the rain stops.

• Like 5

If i can salvage anything from this i'll be very grateful. This is a true test of the aquatic strength of the strain lol You never no. If i get organised and do it right . I might be able to get some thing from this. I'm gonna get wet and that's a fact.

• Like 6