Mighty Wonder Fuck outdoor grow 2020

Tommy tucker

On 24/04/2020 at 11:25 PM, BilgePump said:

i fear drones will fast become the bane of the guerilla farmer :(

They already are. Saying that if your a ripper looking for plants with drone. You've got really no what to look for before you start hunting for the site. 

• Like 2

On 24/04/2020 at 11:25 PM, BilgePump said:

i fear drones will fast become the bane of the guerilla farmer :(

They already are. Saying that if your a ripper looking for plants with drone. You've got really no what to look for before you start hunting for the site. 

So just after i took this photo the drone appear in this right hand corner.

large.20200424_175825.jpglarge.20200424_175746.jpg

Goodbye old girl you've served me so well xxxx

• Like 5

Okay . Time to move on ! Here's the plan GG. As a outdoor grower we need to be prepared for shit like this so luckily i have a few other places as a back up.  So i'm heading back to the swamp for this one large.20200406_184532.jpglarge.20200406_184427.jpglarge.20200410_180048.jpg 

Looks like i'll need to dig a few more holes and lug abit more stuff in but this will do for now.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, TommyTrichome said:

I'd plant strawberries or something in the fucker just to get something back out of it 

Thats exactly what was i was planning loads of veg and bits like that 

• Like 4

Defo mate, kills two birds with one stone really.... you get some natural produce and if dick head drone dude happens to come back for another look further in the season all he's gonna see is fruit n veg and I'd imagine any interest in your plot will be lost! 

Tis a shame though bit I'm sure you've still got an awesome season ahead of you mate 

• Like 4

Fucking drones...  Shit news, but at least this happened whilst you were there, and before plants hit the ground.  

Did they fly right over? Definitely see you / the spot? 

You planning tubes at the swamp?  cheers 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Amarillo slim said:

Fucking drones...  Shit news, but at least this happened whilst you were there, and before plants hit the ground.  

Did they fly right over? Definitely see you / the spot? 

You planning tubes at the swamp?  cheers 

Yeah that's the saving grace really .

The drone didn't fly right over the plot but near enough ,it was high enough to see both plots and it hovered for ages in the same position , turning every now and again. So its 50 / 50 that the drone had a cam on it, It was perfect drone flying weather to be fair .

Yes i'm planning swamp tubes for this ,but on the edge of the swamp as a precaution to handle the rise in the water level. 

• Like 3

So i snuck into the swamp strip this evening and dropped off some bits. Wow the water level has risen two inches and the dry little patch is abit soft under foot. So all need is to dig another hole and bring in some buffer for the soil and i'm ready. @Amarillo slim When would you advise a suitable plant out date? 6 may ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

So i snuck into the swamp strip this evening and dropped off some bits. Wow the water level has risen two inches and the dry little patch is abit soft under foot. So all need is to dig another hole and bring in some buffer for the soil and i'm ready. @Amarillo slim When would you advise a suitable plant out date? 6 may ?

What medium and ferts you planning on using in the tubes?  

14 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

When would you advise a suitable plant out date? 6 may ?

As you've already germed, its a case of when they are ready.  No point keeping them back in small pots, will only stunt them / potentially trigger flowering.  The MWF can be slightly slow off the blocks, but around 3 weeks after germination I imagine they will be ready to go out.

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

What medium and ferts you planning on using in the tubes?  

In tubes - bottom cut off into the swamp - layer of gravel in first or those hydro balls as the root buffer. Then tomorite soil substrate ( this brand has calcified seaweed in it) Plus a handful of miracle grow slow release fertiliser mixed in with the soil . I'll also give each root mass a dip in some mycorrhizae before they go into the soil.

After the plant goes in, each plant will get a cage supported by zip ties on bamboo canes held down with tent pegs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy tucker said:

In tubes - bottom cut off into the swamp - layer of gravel in first or those hydro balls as the root buffer. Then tomorite soil substrate ( this brand has calcified seaweed in it) Plus a handful of miracle grow slow release fertiliser mixed in with the soil . I'll also give each root mass a dip in some mycorrhizae before they go into the soil.

After the plant goes in, each plant will get a cage supported by zip ties on bamboo canes held down with tent pegs. 

I wouldn't bother with the gravel / clay ball layer if its just wet /waterlogged ground personally. The miracle grow slow realise works well as is essentially just re-branded osmocote iirc.  

Looking forward to this, love a swamp grow. 

Heres an MWF cross I made years ago, grown in a swamp.  MWF x Brooklyn sunrise auto, they were OK but did suffer from mold in the second half of flowering. Probably still got seeds somewhere. 

large.GFHULIJ.jpg

If I remember rightly I did a bunch of these 70L tubes, 2 plants per tube. Straight on wet ground with dolomite lime at the bottom, 4-5 g per litre osmocote mixed through coir.  

Didn't need cages in this location as had to wade in before arriving at a raised 'island' that was home to the plants.  No rabbits or deer getting to this place. Just slugs.  

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

I wouldn't bother with the gravel / clay ball layer if its just wet /waterlogged ground personally. The miracle grow slow realise works well as is essentially just re-branded osmocote iirc.  

Looking forward to this, love a swamp grow. 

Heres an MWF cross I made years ago, grown in a swamp.  MWF x Brooklyn sunrise auto, they were OK but did suffer from mold in the second half of flowering. Probably still got seeds somewhere. 

large.GFHULIJ.jpg

If I remember rightly I did a bunch of these 70L tubes, 2 plants per tube. Straight on wet ground with dolomite lime at the bottom, 4-5 g per litre osmocote mixed through coir.  

Didn't need cages in this location as had to wade in before arriving at a raised 'island' that was home to the plants.  No rabbits or deer getting to this place. Just slugs.  

Cool. That's useful to no as i'm sick of lugging stones , and soil around swamps. 

• Like 1

@Amarillo slim I'm using these pots as my tubes for two swamp projects this year. Do you think i'll need bigger tubes . I took these from an abandoned greenhouse nursery on my road but i'm thinking they might be to small. What do you think?

large.20200418_165414.jpglarge.20200418_165300.jpg

• Like 2