Mighty Wonder Fuck outdoor grow 2020

Tommy tucker

@Amarillo slim I just had a look through confessions of a serial guerrilla grower and i noticed a grower you no uses black heavy duty bags as tubes. Is this correct? 

Been using heavy duty rubble sacks for tubes the last few seasons. Cheaper and easier to carry than pots, do a good job.

large_Plot.jpg

Using wider ones this year, will be in my rgsc diary tomorrow as they got delivered today.

large.rsz_img_20200429_151828.jpg

I know I'm not slims mate but yeah. Hope the MWF do well for ya, I've got 4 on the go :)

• Like 6

Do you think i'll need bigger tubes

Container size has a direct effect on plant size, those in pic look about 10L? so plants will stay small. You put them in 40litre they will get to a more reasonable size. Put them in a 70 and they will get big.  

As some MWF phenos can be runty or auto on you then I'd personally be looking at doing two plants per 70litre tube, as in my above pic. Tube made from DPC.  

Certainly seems that the rubble bags can work as livelyupyourself shows above, just require more support and perhaps not as easy to reuse following seasons.  With totes or DPC or even Lino that one grower I know used, you can easily just come back the next season, mix more ferts etc and you're off.  Apart from the initial effort of getting the supplies in swamp growing is great, set and forget.  

Getting the medium in can prove problematic though, I could tell a funny story about one time where things didn't go to plan lol 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

just require more support and perhaps not as easy to reuse following seasons

Some of my larger plants in tubes got a little unstable (completely fell over) when it was windy. That's why I've gone for the wider ones this year but I'll reduce the height etc and stake up any monsters.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LivelyUpYourself said:

Some of my larger plants in tubes got a little unstable (completely fell over) when it was windy. That's why I've gone for the wider ones this year but I'll reduce the height etc and stake up any monsters.

Yeah can see that being an issue in storms etc,  personally I think the DPC is best compromise, can order the exact hight you want, use an online volume calculator to figure out the length you need to cut, gorilla tape down the join and well as all around the sides, a few staples at the top and bottom of join.  Fold up and pack into a bag nice but have a certain amount of rigidity and increased durability compared to bags.  I did make some smaller and a couple 140L ones, but the 70L (an expanded 5kg coco bale) seemed to be the 'Goldilock' tube for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LivelyUpYourself said:

Been using heavy duty rubble sacks for tubes the last few seasons. Cheaper and easier to carry than pots, do a good job.

large_Plot.jpg

Using wider ones this year, will be in my rgsc diary tomorrow as they got delivered today.

large.rsz_img_20200429_151828.jpg

I know I'm not slims mate but yeah. Hope the MWF do well for ya, I've got 4 on the go :)

Nice one mate.  i'm sold. Better get cracking then init

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amarillo slim said:

Container size has a direct effect on plant size, those in pic look about 10L? so plants will stay small. You put them in 40litre they will get to a more reasonable size. Put them in a 70 and they will get big.  

As some MWF phenos can be runty or auto on you then I'd personally be looking at doing two plants per 70litre tube, as in my above pic. Tube made from DPC.  

Certainly seems that the rubble bags can work as livelyupyourself shows above, just require more support and perhaps not as easy to reuse following seasons.  With totes or DPC or even Lino that one grower I know used, you can easily just come back the next season, mix more ferts etc and you're off.  Apart from the initial effort of getting the supplies in swamp growing is great, set and forget.  

Getting the medium in can prove problematic though, I could tell a funny story about one time where things didn't go to plan lol 

The bigger the better. Who said that size didn't matter. lol Great, I got some work to do by the looks of it. Out go the pots in come the bags.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amarillo slim said:

Going on then .Tell us :) 

• Like 2

Fuck. i need a grow assistant who will carry all my soil to the plot for me. Feed them some base and they can crack on.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

Fuck. i need a grow assistant who will carry all my soil to the plot for me. Feed them some base and they can crack on.

Pick me, pick me!!!  Fuckin love a spliff on base haha... might draw a bit of attention with my inane shit-chatting at 100mph, but my god will I heave some soil!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Herbert Spliffington said:

might draw a bit of attention with my inane shit-chatting at 100mph, but my god will I heave some soil!

Maybe not lol 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/04/2020 at 11:08 AM, TommyTrichome said:

Defo mate, kills two birds with one stone really.... you get some natural produce and if dick head drone dude happens to come back for another look further in the season all he's gonna see is fruit n veg and I'd imagine any interest in your plot will be lost! 

Tis a shame though bit I'm sure you've still got an awesome season ahead of you mate 

100% mate thats a good idea so next year it wont be too hot to use again for the proper stuff.

• Like 3

On 29/04/2020 at 6:39 PM, Tommy tucker said:

Going on then .Tell us :) 

Was few years back, getting 20 or so 70l bales of coir along with lime, osmocote, and some 140l totes to a swamp plot. Trouble was the plot was about a mile from the nearest road.. Luckily though, there was a canal that ran almost all the way to the plot. So I hatched a plan, we would pull up where a bridge crosses the canal early in the morning, unload supplies, inflate a small RIB type boat and use the canal to get the supplies in. Seemed relatively fool-proof, so in the early summer that year we got everything loaded up, arrived to the bridge around 4am and proceeded with the plan.  But there was a problem, since my last visit back in early spring, the canal had become a breeding ground for water weeds, every minute I'd have to stop and lift up the 12v outboard to untangle the weeds...  So the first run took much longer than expected, and by the time we were doing the second run, it was daylight, and there we were, in the middle of somewhere we were not supposed to be, with a boat loaded up with big bales wrapped up in black plastic and gaffa... Fuck knows what somebody would think if they saw us...  Wanting to get out of there asap, we ditched the idea of the outboard, attached a rope to the front of the boat and my mate on the bank pulled it along, with me paddling like mad on the other side to stop the boat from spinning round...  I'l always remember a point here where we just looked at each other and started pissing our selves laughing at what we were doing lol 

Anyway, it was looking like this madness would nearly be over, we were about half way down the canal, when just as we had come up to a tree-line perpendicular to the water, suddenly my mate on the bank says "fuck, quick, turn around"... There was farmer Giles sat in his landy looking out in our direction, not knowing for certain if we'd been spotted, we immediately double-backed on ourselves, and at the soonest available point off loaded the bales up onto the opposite bank at lightning speed, and stashed them out of sight before making a hasty get away back towards the bridge...  As we were about 100m or so back down the canal we looked back to see the shadow of someone peer round the corner of the trees....

We then went off to do a whole days plot hunting, moving of supplies etc elsewhere, before coming back that night to finish off moving the stashed bales with wheelbarrows - theres a funny story to this too, but il save that for another day -  Anyway, in the end got everything done, didn't finish that night till 4am so was a non-stop 24hour GG slog lol ,, rarely catch me doing that these days...  

The moral of the story is, time is rarely wasted on reconnaissance, always worth checking places just before you go ahead with a plan incase anything unforeseen has changed that might throw a spanner in the works / weed in the motor...

On 29/04/2020 at 6:59 PM, Tommy tucker said:

DPC is damp proof course ?

yup

On 29/04/2020 at 7:03 PM, Tommy tucker said:

yup haha 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Quick update on the MWF.

large.20200512_112421.jpglarge.20200512_112428.jpg

The plants are growing slowly but looking healthy 

• Like 5