Real Gorilla Seeds 2020 - Lock down in the swamp

Tommy tucker

15 minutes ago, Degsy said:

Yeah one problem you won't have there is lack of sun

large.20200216_154442.jpg

From 12.00 to 6 each day(give or take). Blue skies !!!!  Its a growers paradise. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Happydayz said:

All the best with the outdoor grow this year dude..!

Thanks man 

• Like 1

South Portugal is a very interesting place for growers, you can find different micro-climat that suit your needs. Monchique mountain area could be the European Humboldt County :george:

Edited by Ouesterner
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Ouesterner said:

South Portugal is a very interesting place for growers, you can find different micro-climat that suit your needs. Monchique mountain area could be the European Humboldt County :george:

Cool that sounds interesting.  Which part of Portugal is that?

21 minutes ago, KuJa said:

Good luck with the season mate, I'll be sure to follow your progress. 

Thanks mate. Are you on getting involved this year?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

Thanks mate. Are you on getting involved this year?

Yea i've got 2 different plots ready to go. Only 6 plants though, enough to last me the year :) You only running Lemon Drizzle?

• Like 2

you lucky lucky b*s+a*d, im  feeling extreme plot envy here. 

WHat a great site for growing, I hope you fill it.

ill be watching when you start your diary. if you hear the gnashing of teeth, that's me chittering at 57 North ….

seriously tho, best of luck with the plot, a small piece of paradise there....

• Like 3

On 16/03/2020 at 10:57 AM, KuJa said:

Yea i've got 2 different plots ready to go. Only 6 plants though, enough to last me the year :) You only running Lemon Drizzle?

Hmmm good question. I'm doing a few other diaries for Dinafem and HSO plus some other independent breeders. 

• Like 1

On 16/03/2020 at 11:13 AM, badbillybob said:

you lucky lucky b*s+a*d, im  feeling extreme plot envy here. 

WHat a great site for growing, I hope you fill it.

ill be watching when you start your diary. if you hear the gnashing of teeth, that's me chittering at 57 North ….

seriously tho, best of luck with the plot, a small piece of paradise there....

Its not all fun and games mate. Lots of graft to be done to get this up and running. Are you doing a grow this year buddy?

Work on my new plot started back in January. Lugged a 60 L bag of substrate , shears , cages  and shovel in preparation clearing this space.  large.20200201_155403.jpg 

My plan was to scalp the top layer of grass from the surface, turf up the soil and a mixture of substrate.  Add all bat gueno and mycorrhizae at about April  for plant out in May.

large.20200216_154316.jpg

I had to rip out a dread tree  from the main part of the plot as it was taking up space.  This took an hour and a bit to complete. I'll prep that other half of this space later in the month.

large.20200216_154300.jpg

Properly dripping with sweat while doing this. Top off , drinking litres of water. If this is winter what is summer going to be like?

• Like 13