Real Gorilla Seeds 2020 - Lock down in the swamp

Tommy tucker

large.unnamed.jpg

Good evening to my fellow guerrilla brethren and sistren. It's that time of year when we get to put our best laid plans to action. The days are getting longer and green shoots are appearing on the tree’s . This can only mean one thing: Summer is on its way and its 2020 grow season. 

Firstly , massive thanks our seed sponsor @panik for his generosity. I for one really appreciate the last minute change of mind which led him to running the RGS competition. This year i’ll be testing out Lemon drizzle.

This year things are going to be a little different. I relocated to southern Portugal at the end of last year. So I'm in a new country , with new weather , different territory.  And a whole new set of complications. The most difficult factor is going to be dealing with is watering my plot in the heat of the day. Winter temperatures are already reaching the 20’ 21 mark so this summer is going to be scorcio. July and August especially !!

But I'm ready , I love this shit , bring it on ! I have a few successful GG under my belt now so I am ready for a new challenge. My plan is to plant out in late May and harvest in September or October. I’m a lone wolf so this could be interesting and it will be a learning curve no matter what happens.

Let the games begin !

• Like 35

You should visit nazare one day and check out the waves in winter . I bet you could get some colossal beasts going over there!. Are you doing a few in the garden or ninja style? Best of luck m8 :yep:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Limey Gas man said:

You should visit nazare one day and check out the waves in winter . I bet you could get some colossal beasts going over there!. Are you doing a few in the garden or ninja style? Best of luck m8 :yep:

Yeah thanks i will. So many places to explore. The southern coast is beautiful loads of wild life and wild coast line.  In regards to my grow site , check out my next post and all will be explained.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tommy tucker said:

I assumed from your name 'Gasman' that you were a Bristol rovers supporter. 

lol cool pal , i love butane gas weed and limes . Good luck with the grow , the pictures look intriguing!:yep:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Limey Gas man said:

lol cool pal , i love butane gas weed and limes . Good luck with the grow , the pictures look intriguing!:yep:

I got my wires crossed i think . Thanks man. Are you getting involved in the GG action this year?

• Like 1

Like most of us on UK420, I’ve spent the winter scouring Google Earth.  This is what i found when i got into the plot . Perfect i thought!

large.20200202_181808.jpglarge.20200201_165120.jpg

Loads of space in these plots ,completely away from anywhere. 

Now I believe I've found a good spot. Isolated from the rest of the surrounding area. Nice and silent. I can hear approaching cars and other traffic from a distance.  The spot has been recovered from scrub land and gets direct light all day.

large.20200201_155403.jpglarge.20200201_145945.jpg

I’ve chosen a plot with cover and shade because I'm not going to short of sun this year. June to September reaches 32 to 36.C. No rain for four months !!! The surrounding scrubs will provide essential shade and help keep the top soil damp enough to for newly planted seeding to establish themselves.(Well, that's the plan)

The surrounding areas soil isn’t perfect and will require some work over the later winter months. 

large.20200202_154859.jpglarge.20200202_154954.jpg

At the same time the PH of the soil looks good so i can work with that.  The photos above were taken in February. As you can see spring starts early in these parts. large.20200201_143826.jpg

My work colleague says winter only lasts for two months . December and January! I thought he was chatting shit but he’s right. As soon as January was done ,each day . I woke to a chilly morning, but clear blue skies all day and at lunch time temps of 19 c to 20 c . 

Now it's getting warmer day by day and I'm thinking of breaking out the shorts and flip flops in February. I’m getting a suntan already. But more to the point , If this winter! What’s the summer going to be like? Fuck ! What am I getting myself into ?

• Like 20