Two old men and a dog's diary

This geurilla growing is addictive i was up before the birds this morning. lol

Anyway went out very early to finish off the auto plot,nobody about and i must be getting fitter cos got there in record time. lol

I've opted for individual cages in the end my thinking being if some bunny did get in it would eat the lot if i just went round the outside of plot.

Cages made and stashed to one side.

Added 3 bags of them water retaining crystals to the soil.

The rain had done its job with the coco so just turned it all over into the soil.

Supercropped the morning sun blocking trees there's still one or 2 that might have to go but i'm happy with it.

Sprinkled FBB,bonemeal slow release feed and some growmore 7-7-7 also went right round the outside of plot with a good load of slug pellets.

Need to take buckets and some more zip ties to finish of the cages.

Found some of them plastic pint glasses so been cutting the bottoms of ready still waiting on copper tape hopefully will be here before our midweek visit to the mango plot want to add more protection there and fell a couple of trees now all the cover is well up.

Pics from a couple of hours ago.

large.DSCN2056.JPGlarge.DSCN2057.JPG

Here's the difference felling a couple of trees will make.

large.DSCN2055.JPGlarge.DSCN2058.JPG

Thats it for now STAY SAFE OUT THERE.:hippy:

• Like 9

Update time first up the mango plot somethings been having a bit of a munch but not too bad stuck a load of pellets down but still no copper tape. 

Anyway here's some pics first up the mango's.

Mango 1

large.DSCN2059.JPG

Mango 2 

large.DSCN2060.JPG

Black dog still looking a bit sorry for itself but there's new growth so happy enough.

large.DSCN2061.JPG

Last of all the 2 bubba's gift going to wait till next week before topping these 2 let the smaller of the 2 catch up a bit.

large.DSCN2065.JPG

Called in his place on way back all the auto's popped and are in jiffy's 4 of the blue dream are already up.

large.DSCN2066.JPG

Took some old plant pots to the auto site gonna use em to catch rainwater sealed up any holes in em.

Finished the cages and emptied 3 packets of clover seeds over the whole bed its now ready when these auto's are.

that's it STAY SAFE OUT THERE. :hippy:

• Like 4

@murphyblue The plots looking in tip top shape mate and plants are progessing steadily  ;)

Getting exciting now :yep:

Stay safe mate :cheers:

Kind regards :bong:

Mark.. 

• Like 1

@murphyblue plot looks decent matey and fair play to you birhbrhwbdig does help I find in the fact led prying eyesbetc and genuine good excuse want why you are there all the best withbyourbs3ason my good man and may the sun sort it's shit out and shine, as corona fucks off 

• Like 2

Update time just got in from our mango plot and all seems well.

Gave them a drink and added some copper collars and topped the bubba's.

Bubba's gift pre chop and after beheading.

large.DSCN2098.JPGlarge.DSCN2099.JPG

Mango 1.

large.DSCN2100.JPG

Mango 2.

large.DSCN2101.JPG

Black dog still looking a bit sorry for itself so gave it a drink and added a copper collar hopefully stop it getting eaten anymore.

large.DSCN2102.JPG

Last of all a run to his house and check on the lil uns we had 2 failures one of each.

large.DSCN2106.JPG

Was thinking of putting these out this weekend but might hold of till a week today.

Thats all folks STAY SAFE. :hippy:

• Like 2

As usual mid week update,normally less people about for some reason but not today i will explain in second half of post. :wallbash:

First up mate picked me up and we drove the 20 odd mile to the mango plot now u know why we need a van there's no way i'm walking that far. lol 

So here's some pics all doing well  mango 1 i did bend the top over after i took pic was very careful and supercropped it to try and get the lowers going.

Bubba's gift x2 will start training these a bit next week as they taken well to topping.

large.DSCN2160.JPG

Black dog picked up a bit.

large.DSCN2161.JPG

Mango1 bent her over.

large.DSCN2162.JPG

Mango 2 left her as is.

large.DSCN2163.JPG

Right this is where the fun starts went back to his to pick up the auto's.

Loaded up into a lidl's bag for life freezer one so has a zip on top perfect for transporting 8 auto's.

Heading to plot i here working happening in general direction of plot found out not close to plot but had to find another way in which was a pain as brambles in full tilt now.

Anyway gets to plot and gets planting workers over half a mile away so not bothered by them.

Got 7 in the ground with slug stopper and cage trying out this organic slug repellent in garden and seems to work so that's the white stuff around the pint glasses. 

large.DSCN2167.JPG:wallbash:

As i said got 7 done and last one in the ground with pint glass round it then i hear a chopper :fart:  :wallbash:

Dived in the trees it was a good way away but it defo was plod dont know what it was looking for but doing a lot of circles luckily it did'nt fly over head.

Sat there for half hour with this thing buzzing round luckily not to close,anyway got the last one finished while it was turning took the 3 pics watered and slowly moved away from plot hidden amongst the trees.

Came out of trees about half a mile away ripped of my greens and stuck on high viz as i was in working clothes easier to explain if stopped.

Got to road now i just look like some dude who's on his way home from work i watched the chopper in the distance though and was flying round general area so hope they aint spotted the plot didnt have time to apply the mulch i had planned as wanted to get as far away from plot as possible with this thing buzzing round. :wallbash::wallbash:

Final pic 4 blue dream and 4 dedoverde haze both auto's planted caged and watered before leaving.

large.DSCN2169.JPG

STAY SAFE AND BEWARE OF COPPER CHOPPERS.:hippy:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, murphyblue said:

STAY SAFE AND BEWARE OF COPPER CHOPPERS.:hippy:

Close one mate ;)

I bet your underwear needs washing lol

Really cool to see you've got the Autos out :)

You sure the "Lidl" bag didn't give you away lol

Jokes aside things look great :yep:

Keep your senses up when out and all will be fine ;)

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

On 20/05/2020 at 2:48 PM, murphyblue said:

Mango1 bent her over.

large.DSCN2162.JPG

Mango 2 left her as is.

large.DSCN2163.JPG

Makes me wish I had some out my self.

Cant wait to see them all flowered up.

Never seen a frostier plant outdoors to this day.

Hopefully September October is nice and dry for us down here. :yep:

8 hours ago, Jack010 said:

Makes me wish I had some out my self.

Cant wait to see them all flowered up.

Never seen a frostier plant outdoors to this day.

Hopefully September October is nice and dry for us down here. :yep:

They were looking good wednesday just hope they look as good next wednesday that wind would have battered em yesterday as they both a good size.

One of the alien boys recommended them last year cant remember his name to be honest but they do seem to be liking the welsh weather so far.

I'm an optimistic old git and hope we get perfect weed weather in wales till december. lol

As u know mate this is my first year but i'm hooked.

Ok this bloody virus messed up my planning and moving house did'nt help but we are back on track just a bit behind.

I will have to get some tidy pics of them auto's fair play my mate done a cracking job really nice healthy looking plants at plant out plenty of roots but not rootbound.

Once we get the last lot out i'm on the hunt for the perfect plot for next year.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

Once we get the last lot out i'm on the hunt for the perfect plot for next year.

Haha, that’s it now mate. You’ll never be able to travel anywhere with looking for places to grow.

Sitting on a plane looking out the window , passing places 200 miles away, seeing a place and you’ll say in your head “I would stick 20 there”,  even tho you’ll never go there cos it’s to far and you don’t even know where it is as your in a plane 

It’s so addictive, iv got 7 plots this year and I went out on my bike looking for more for next year, I can’t handle 7 so god knows why I keep looking haha. 

On 20/05/2020 at 3:48 PM, murphyblue said:

Mango1 bent her over.

large.DSCN2162.JPG

sweet looking plot mate.

mango 1 is beautiful so pretty i would bend her over too:D

Edited by ANTHONY13
  • Like 2

Popped out today on a supply run ready for some RGS stuff so got mate to drop me off and headed to the auto plot i had to see if it was still there after close encounter wednesday and to finish up and clean up plot if it was. lol

Anyways managed to get to plot and first thing to note there was no wind damage at this plot which was great blowed like hell yesterday here.

This is now a totally HSO plot as decided today we would put the other 2 autos at mango plot just in case this plot has been spotted.

@HSO-Mark these beans are super charged only planted out wednesday and almost doubled in size. lol

Got some better pics as was a bit rushed last time. lol

Forgive me if i label one wrong,what i'm old it says so in title. lol

All autos.

Blue dream 1

large.DSCN2173.JPG

Dedoverde haze 1.

large.DSCN2174.JPG

BD 2.

large.DSCN2175.JPG

DH 2.

large.DSCN2176.JPG

BD 3.

large.DSCN2177.JPG

DH 3.

large.DSCN2178.JPG

BD 4.

large.DSCN2179.JPG

DH 4.

large.DSCN2180.JPG

Plot pics first one when i got there second pic before i left found a load of rotting logs nearby and also somewhere i can get water which i watered the whole bed before leaving.

large.DSCN2181.JPGlarge.DSCN2182.JPG

Thats it for now STAY SAFE OUT THERE. :hippy:

Edited by murphyblue
CHANGED PIC.
  • Like 4

On 24/05/2020 at 4:07 PM, murphyblue said:

@HSO-Mark these beans are super charged only planted out wednesday and almost doubled in size. lol

That's what I like to hear  :headbang:

Outdoor plot is looking in tip top shape buddy  :yep:

Keep the outdoor updates coming :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 1

Midweek update time.

All is well at both plots to be fair just needed a shit load of watering.

Bubba's gift x2.

large.DSCN2237.JPG

Mango 1 .

large.DSCN2238.JPG

Mango 2.

large.DSCN2239.JPG

Black dog.

large.DSCN2240.JPG

Couple of random auto shots blue dream marked with blue tag.

large.DSCN2249.JPGlarge.DSCN2250.JPGlarge.DSCN2251.JPGlarge.DSCN2253.JPGlarge.DSCN2252.JPG

Couple of auto plot shots to finish.

large.DSCN2254.JPGlarge.DSCN2255.JPG

Thats it for this week STAY SAFE OUT THERE.:hippy:

Edited by murphyblue
FORGOT ALL THE PICS HAHAHA.
  • Like 5

Just a one pic update on the auto's just got back from giving em a good drink.

large.DSCN2262.JPG

• Like 3