Two old men and a dog's diary

Well today we managed to get to one of our plots.

Plot is well out of the way and its on private land which we have access to.

Anyway some pics.

large.DSCN1972.jpg

Going to stick them in 5 gallon cloth pots buried half way side by side and stick a plastic scrog net over them try and keep em short plus help with support.

large.DSCN1974.jpglarge.DSCN1976.jpglarge.DSCN1977.jpglarge.DSCN1979.jpg

Called in his place on way home and grabbed a pic of the baby mango's which he seems to over watered.

large.DSCN1982.jpglarge.DSCN1983.jpglarge.DSCN1984.jpg

Hopefully hes going to pop the bubba's gift this week along with the single black dog and also a few others (red manderine,hindu kush,plus some i cant remember) lol

The auto's we plan on doing later plus i have a plot for 12 gg#5 x freezland by rgsc so hopefully a good first outdoor grow weather permitting lol

Stay safe out there.:hippy:

• Like 7

Mini update- He repotted the 2 mango's last thursday they are going out this wednesday,both have picked up well since.

Also he has been popping the seeds and i'm told all have germed and are up except the hindu kush by sensi.

Been out roaming the countryside last few days trying to find a couple of plots i can put 1 or 2 plants in bit closer to home as one of our plots was a bit too far away with all that is going on with this virus.

I am meeting up with him wednesday when we put the mango's out so will get some pics then.

• Like 1

Extra extra update. lol

Been out since early this morning armed with my camera,rucksack carrying my loppers and a few smokes to keep me going. lol

But what a really good little outing,took ages to get to as i was walking but i found a new plot for the autos. 

Will get good sun once i remove a couple of trees also need to open it out a bit more and give it a good digging the soil looks lovely so might plant straight into it with a few ammendments.

Any way here's some pics.

Trees that need chopping.

large.DSCN1995.JPG

Trees i chopped.

large.DSCN1988.JPG

Auto plot.

large.DSCN1994.JPGlarge.DSCN1990.JPG

Room to expand.

large.DSCN1993.JPGlarge.DSCN1996.JPG

And a handful of my dirt. lol

large.DSCN1991.JPG

I got time to get this sorted out but will mean another early morning to fell them trees plus a shit load of digging bung a little fence round the lot and hope to reap the rewards. lol

• Like 3

Well i got my first 2 out both mango's are in their new home.

pics--

large.DSCN1947.jpglarge.DSCN1999.jpglarge.DSCN2001.jpglarge.DSCN2000.jpg

Some extras as its first plants ever outdoors. lol

large.DSCN2002.JPGlarge.DSCN2003.JPG

And here's where the bubba's gift will live which i'm told both are up and should be ready to go out next week.

large.DSCN2004.JPG

Sadly it looks like the black dog might not make it it came up arse backwards and is struggling even though my mate righted it.

The soil at this plot on private land is clay once u get down a foot or so under each pot there's a few inches of sand a block of coco and some compost.

The wire wool around the cages was a bit of impro by me forgot the slug pellets and mate had the wire wool in the van hope it works. lol

That's all for now hope to get back to the auto spot this week and get them trees down and open it up more.

STAY SAFE OUT THERE.

• Like 6

i have plenty to put outdoors this year, some choc mint og autos and a cheese xl and some others from another breeder, no way they are going out this early though, i rescued my tomato plants from certian death night before last, way too cold at night, don't let this lovely weather fool you chaps and chapesses!

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 3

Was there early this morning and no frost checked the forecast and temps even at night where they are wont drop below 6 or 7 at night for the next week or so.

Might be because we are at a lower lat think it's 51 something here plus near the coast might help a bit lol

I'm new to all this so this will be a learning curve and its only 2 plants got over 30 going out at later dates.

• Like 2

Well it seems i cant sit still went back to the auto plot earlier. lol

After clearing a bit more dirt i got the spade out and almost wept its nearly all rock there's no way i can dig it out and there's no way i'm giving up this spot.

Going back out maybe weekend and start building a bed on top of what i cleared expand it some more some weed control fabric stuff and start filling it in with nearby soil.

Get a couple of bags of compost there also to add to it and plant em straight into that once i figure out how big i need it for 12 auto's. lol

here's what i got so far.

large.DSCN2007.JPG

• Like 1

Just got off the phone to the other half of this dynamic duo and it seems the black dog has pulled through.

Going on a compost run tomorrow with him so might nip to his place and grab a couple of pics.

And i do promise the real dog will get a pic soon though she might be in disguise. lol

• Like 1

On 14/04/2020 at 11:14 AM, murphyblue said:

Extra extra update. lol

Been out since early this morning armed with my camera,rucksack carrying my loppers and a few smokes to keep me going. lol

But what a really good little outing,took ages to get to as i was walking but i found a new plot for the autos. 

Will get good sun once i remove a couple of trees also need to open it out a bit more and give it a good digging the soil looks lovely so might plant straight into it with a few ammendments.

Any way here's some pics.

Trees that need chopping.

large.DSCN1995.JPG

Trees i chopped.

large.DSCN1988.JPG

Auto plot.

large.DSCN1994.JPGlarge.DSCN1990.JPG

Room to expand.

large.DSCN1993.JPGlarge.DSCN1996.JPG

And a handful of my dirt. lol

large.DSCN1991.JPG

I got time to get this sorted out but will mean another early morning to fell them trees plus a shit load of digging bung a little fence round the lot and hope to reap the rewards. lol

Cool looking plot find mate  ;)

Time has come for these ladies to go out :yep:

They are in mother natures hands now ;)

Keep the outdoor updates coming buddy  :cheers:

Kind regards :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

On 4/15/2020 at 5:14 PM, murphyblue said:

Might be because we are at a lower lat think it's 51 something here plus near the coast might help a bit

i'm directly under the lat 51 line mate, tbh weed is hardier than toms but i will still wait a few weeks i think

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ratdog said:

i'm directly under the lat 51 line mate, tbh weed is hardier than toms but i will still wait a few weeks i think

Only started the 2 mango's and put them out rest of the photos going out in about 2 weeks some semi autos from rgsc about 2 weeks after that and hopefully the autos will go out same time.

They should be ok plot is pretty sheltered and like i said checked temps for area they are in and looking good from here on in.

• Like 2

Thanks @HSO-Mark but i still got a lot to do at this plot hopefully with a bit of fine weather next week i can get it sorted and ready for the auto's.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

Only started the 2 mango's and put them out rest of the photos going out in about 2 weeks some semi autos from rgsc about 2 weeks after that and hopefully the autos will go out same time.

They should be ok plot is pretty sheltered and like i said checked temps for area they are in and looking good from here on in.

two weeks will see a big change in temps i reckon, suns supposed to be back monday.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

Thanks @HSO-Mark but i still got a lot to do at this plot hopefully with a bit of fine weather next week i can get it sorted and ready for the auto's.

Outdoor is more of a marathon than a sprint  ;)

Slowly but surely your getting there  :yep:

Kind regards :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

Well as a wise woman once said to me "THAT BED WONT MAKE ITSELF"  yes it was me mam. lol

Checked forecast and today looks ok for a bit of grafting so off out to make a auto mega bed. lol

• Like 1