Two old men and a dog's diary

First of all i would like to thank @HSO-Mark for allowing me to participate and @Jack010 for inspiring me to get off my arse and look to the outdoors.(rotten luck last year mate all the best for this year).

There's an alien i should thank for the tip on the mango sapphire but cant remember his name lol

Anyway the plan is to scatter these all over the valleys lol

I am starting the mango's today with the hope of putting them out the end of april the 2 bubba gift's freebies i will start next weekend to plant out at same time.

Not much to see yet so i been playing with paint,check out my pics. lol

large.DSCN1947.jpg

large.DSCN1951.jpg

large.DSCN1955.jpg

large.DSCN1952.jpg

Hoping to take cuts of the 3 mango's and 2 bubba's gift and also plant them out,also @HSO-Mark is sending me out 2 packs of autos that will go in 2 different plots to these.

As i said we aint the youngest of chaps so we have a van at our disposal so should make things easier.

Let us all hope for sunshine with the odd drizzle,if this rain keeps on we might be better growing rice. lol

Edited by murphyblue
spelling
  • Like 17

Perhaps you could put one of the Black Dogs outside as well.  I certainly will...  ;)   Our summers were very dry the past years.  I almost prefer a wet summer and a dry autumn for good results. 

Good luck to you! :v:

• Like 6

I was going to put out one of the cmog and one black dog but was warned off it.

We do get rather a lot of rain in this part of the world would probably end up as one big lump of mush. lol

Not got any plot pics yet as not been back because of the weather but they are all small plots of a few plants on each,thinking the more small plots here there and everywhere we should at least end up with something.

Think we will have about 30 plants out hopefully.

• Like 4

Hey Murf. 

I'm running Mango Saphire for the first time this summer. 

I'll enjoy your diary for sure. 

Wish I had the means to start them as early as you tho. 

Good luck sir. 

• Like 7

Thanks for the well wishes lets just hope this virus does not mess things up.

A little update all three mango's have cracked and were showing a bit of root.

Soaked 3 jiffy's in a liquid seaweed and water O.25ml/L popped in all 3 seeds and are now sitting in my pc case.

Will post some pics soon as there's some movement. lol

Since changing to this method of germination i have had a 100% success rate,it just works.

The reason for the pc case is i need to sort out my main cab which i plan to clean and a few alterations these 3 will then move in there.

As it will be on 24hr i can then start popping the rest and put straight in there have a few propagators at the ready. lol

these are going to be topped as many times as i can before going out end of april.

• Like 4

@murphyblue Thank you for getting your 2020 outdoor grow diary up and running  ;)

This is going to be a season we have to play by ear  :yep:

Best of luck  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

On 16/03/2020 at 6:36 PM, murphyblue said:

topped as many times

Good luck with the grow.

Mango sapphire are one of the best smokes around, frosty as fook as well. Beast of a plant in good soil. One of mine was 8-9 feet

Every topped plant that iv put out in the past split with the wind and it’s happened to many more on here.

Better of just LST them. Safer. 

Edited by Jack010

Thanks for the tip on lst @Jack010 i will try my best.

Hope you have a better time of it this year,dare i ask how many you are planning? wish i had your energy mate lol

Thank's @HSO-Mark i got a pressie when i got in.

large.DSCN1961.jpg

large.DSCN1965.jpg

large.DSCN1964.jpg

large.DSCN1966.jpglarge.DSCN1967.jpglarge.DSCN1968.jpg

Happy so far but a long way to go. :hippy:

Edited by murphyblue
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, murphyblue said:

how many you are planning

Got 6 plots so far, looking at 1 more, lucky number 7 I hope. 

A good few going out. lol

A quick update.

large.DSCN1969.jpglarge.DSCN1971.jpg

Mango number 3 i had to dig a bit the shell had started to come off before it was out of the ground so got stuck,dug a little and she just sprung up ditching the seed husk in the process.

With everything going on in the world i have decided not to soak the bubba's gift yet.

I do however have a plan B which involves setting up a nursery at my mates who lives out of town a bit.

Going to organize something tomorrow when we meet up he's taking some stuff tomorrow to his place and we will see if we can make a nursery out off it. lol

Loaning him my Bozily cheap amazon light i used as side lighting previously,its large so will cover a good area.

It also makes sense as we have a lot of beans to pop,he might be a old fogey but he's done quite a few grows in his past so he does know what hes doing hopefully. lol

Anyway i ramble stay safe whatever your situation.

• Like 7

Mini update.

My situation has changed,i thought i would have more time but this virus has forced my hand.:wallbash:

Beginning of month had a visit from my landlord who is selling up he gave me 4 months notice,me not one to hang around found somewhere.

Letting agent said Thursday or he didnt know when we could move in.:wallbash:

I now have 3 days to organize a move and pack.

My small cab will be dismantled last of all as i need to turn electric off to disconnect the power to it and i have to do this when the wifey is not about.(she still doesnt know i grow weed in the eaves) :pitchfork:

Not going to let this stop me though i am determined to get all the plants out i planned even if i have to walk them out one by one.

Nearly all the stuff we have got ready for our outdoor adventure is already at my mates,the mango's will move there for another 3-4 weeks before going out.

Talking about the mango's i am down to 2,mango number 3 i should have looked a bit sooner why it was a no show,i think it may have been stuck under the soil too long as a few hours after i took the pics i checked and it had just withered and died.

The other 2 though seem fine and healthy.

I should be able to still get plenty of pics though of the progress as mates place will be nearby.

So i might go missing for the next couple of weeks while i organize everything,but i will be back and this diary will get finished. :hippy:

• Like 5

On 24/03/2020 at 8:13 AM, murphyblue said:

Mini update.

My situation has changed,i thought i would have more time but this virus has forced my hand.:wallbash:

Beginning of month had a visit from my landlord who is selling up he gave me 4 months notice,me not one to hang around found somewhere.

Letting agent said Thursday or he didnt know when we could move in.:wallbash:

I now have 3 days to organize a move and pack.

My small cab will be dismantled last of all as i need to turn electric off to disconnect the power to it and i have to do this when the wifey is not about.(she still doesnt know i grow weed in the eaves) :pitchfork:

Not going to let this stop me though i am determined to get all the plants out i planned even if i have to walk them out one by one.

Nearly all the stuff we have got ready for our outdoor adventure is already at my mates,the mango's will move there for another 3-4 weeks before going out.

Talking about the mango's i am down to 2,mango number 3 i should have looked a bit sooner why it was a no show,i think it may have been stuck under the soil too long as a few hours after i took the pics i checked and it had just withered and died.

The other 2 though seem fine and healthy.

I should be able to still get plenty of pics though of the progress as mates place will be nearby.

So i might go missing for the next couple of weeks while i organize everything,but i will be back and this diary will get finished. :hippy:

Good luck with the move mate :yep:

We did it last November, bloody stressful but will be worth it ;)

Stay safe out there  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

On 3/25/2020 at 0:45 PM, HSO-Mark said:

Good luck with the move mate :yep:

We did it last November, bloody stressful but will be worth it ;)

Stay safe out there  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Thanks @HSO-Mark stressful was right on the money. lol

As you can imagine not the best time to move but its done.

The new place is fine a few bits and pieces to sort out (i really can't figure out what way to lay out the new mancave). lol

The attic is a no-go small hatch on landing and i think is connected to next door via extension roof.

Don't like the idea of a tent (to obvious) so looks like i will convert a wardrobe or chest of draws when i got time.

As for the mango's i'm told both are doing great under that cheap bozily light i lent my mate.

I hope to nip round to his place sometime over the weekend so will take my camera and get some pics.

We will get the bubbas gift going as well with the hope of putting them out together in about 3 weeksish. lol

Going to leave the auto's put them out later in the hope we have a decent summer.

The plan is still intact also i doubt very much the plod are going to be stopping 2 men in high viz wearing masks in a white van carrying what seems to be shopping in bags for life which by the way i have discovered i have more than Lidl's. lol

Good luck all and stay safe.

• Like 4