Become a tester of Alfemco genetics.

Amarillo slim

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I can't seem to start a new one in this sub-forum. Anyway I notice MWF has been out of stock for a while in the store. Just wondering if @Amarillo slim has any plans to produce/distribute any more? Not an urgent request, but would maybe look to try some of those beans next season, and if I can support the project by purchasing some that would be great.

• Like 1

Just read a post in another thread that says there will not be any further MWF availability. :(

So maybe my only hope is to be a tester? Will obviously be next season if outdoors. Only issues I can see are: I'm probably too far north for the strains you are developing, and having difficulty finding suitable guerrilla grow spots. With these in mind though, to your questions...

1.    Latitude: 56ºN.

2.    Number of plants: A maximum of six. Realistically, four.

3.    Preference of finish: Early.

4.    Anything else deemed relevant: Coastal area, plot will either be guerrilla or, failing that, greenhouse.

P.S.:- If you need a tester for any indoor strains I'd also be up for that as I'll have a bigger, more flexible setup next year. Again, between four and six plants maximum.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

@Crow River     Good things come to those who wait :)      Being worked on :yep:

Oh there's no rush. :) Just indicating that I would be interested, is all.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Crow River said:

Just read a post in another thread that says there will not be any further MWF availability. :(

Just said that won't be any more of the same seeds. As ditched the parent shortly after making the batch which were sold.  The line is still alive and well, and at some point will put out some more.  But for now it will appear in hybrids.  

18 hours ago, Crow River said:

So maybe my only hope is to be a tester? Will obviously be next season if outdoors. Only issues I can see are: I'm probably too far north for the strains you are developing, and having difficulty finding suitable guerrilla grow spots. With these in mind though, to your questions...

1.    Latitude: 56ºN.

2.    Number of plants: A maximum of six. Realistically, four.

3.    Preference of finish: Early.

4.    Anything else deemed relevant: Coastal area, plot will either be guerrilla or, failing that, greenhouse.

P.S.:- If you need a tester for any indoor strains I'd also be up for that as I'll have a bigger, more flexible setup next year. Again, between four and six plants maximum.

Cool will keep you in mind for the new stuff.  Cheers 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

The line is still alive and well, and at some point will put out some more.  But for now it will appear in hybrids.

That's good to know, and I'm aware you've been creating new hybrids from the line. I was just responding to your advice in the original post regarding more northerly latitudes.

25 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Cool will keep you in mind for the new stuff.  Cheers 

Thanks, man. All the best with the project! :) 

2 hours ago, Crow River said:

I was just responding to your advice in the original post regarding more northerly latitudes.

Most stuff I'm breeding now is intended for lower lats, as this is where I grow. But will also be doing lot of extra early stuff and autos which will work further north.  MWF did very well at 55 and even worked for a grower at lat 60.  Will let you know if have new stuff that will be suitable.  As well as indoor stuff, some of which is nearly ready.   

3 hours ago, HazyDaze said:

any idea   what  you  would call a polyhybrid x polyhybrid?

A polyhybrid. 

• Like 2

@Amarillo slim, thanks a lot for the info. The indoor stuff sounds tantalising... :) Early and/or autos sound ideal for outdoors at my latitude. :yep: Look forward to hearing more as the project progresses.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Crow River said:

The indoor stuff sounds tantalising... :)

Im just in the seed production process for the new Limelock, and whilst I'm at it will be hitting up a psychosis clone with the BLR pollen, I think they could produce some very nice plants indeed.  

42 minutes ago, Crow River said:

Early and/or autos sound ideal for outdoors at my latitude. :yep: 

Autos will be ZUEL hybrids, most likely main one will be with an auto livers/skunk (for something not too dissimilar to the Goldlock x ZUEL photoperiod).  And possibly also to an auto lime project have going.  

• Like 2

@Amarillo slim, now you are really whetting my appetite! :) Those all sound very intriguing. :yep: Auto GLZ or Auto Lime could work well in an outdoors scenario with a relatively short growing season. Limelock and Psychosis x BLR indoors would be awesome! :D 

Edited by Crow River
Spelling mistake... :)
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 1/9/2023 at 7:20 PM, jonnybigballs said:

When are ya outdoor beans ready for sale slim?

The RW x MWF are still ripening. Then need to dry / cure, sit in fridge a little, germ test etc. so its a 'they're ready when they're ready' type of thing. But certainly before anyone would be planning germination.  

The two experimental skunk types might be cutting it closer, most likely in April.  

• Like 3