Become a tester of Alfemco genetics.

Amarillo slim

19 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

I could potentially start some in the time required and flower in the next cycle if you fancy. Coco grown led hlg Diablo. :oldtoker:

PM incoming :yep:

19 hours ago, Tomateo.grower said:

I'm between 53 and 54. And yeah I read they were for indoor. Sounded really interesting. Plus I missed out on purchasing some of the mfw. Well let me know. I'll be scouting for new spots come winter ready for spring.

Will have some stuff for those lats ready before spring, so just check in here around march.  cheers

• Like 2

I could throw one or two up in three weeks time.

have been waiting on some paradise seeds stuff for the competition they were gonna run but nothings turned up and I’ve had no message for a week.

these would most likely be ran in wardrobes, in soil, with intense nutes.

if nothing comes from paradise seeds then I could fill the tent up too and use a decent 301b led board instead of the epistar ones (which are still decent for a drobe set up. I have the sweet seeds comp diary for you to check out if you want to see these cheap beasts in action).

is the black lime from aficionado french connection seeds that are on attitude. I liked the look of their stiletto but the seem to go quite quick as there is nothing in stock.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

I could throw one or two up in three weeks time.

have been waiting on some paradise seeds stuff for the competition they were gonna run but nothings turned up and I’ve had no message for a week.

these would most likely be ran in wardrobes, in soil, with intense nutes.

if nothing comes from paradise seeds then I could fill the tent up too and use a decent 301b led board instead of the epistar ones (which are still decent for a drobe set up. I have the sweet seeds comp diary for you to check out if you want to see these cheap beasts in action).

is the black lime from aficionado french connection seeds that are on attitude. I liked the look of their stiletto but the seem to go quite quick as there is nothing in stock.

Sounds good. 

Yes BLR was a limited release of the first collaboration putting pollen of Leo’s chemdawg special reserve onto Genes black lime / PK. After this Gene was the head breeder for Aficionado for some time before starting Freeborn selections (which is well worth checking out).  

Among certain groups the BLR is a highly regarded line, producing top grade flower with a unique aroma/taste, as well as passing on many good qualities in crosses.

I certainly feel very lucky to be working with it, and hope to do the previous breeding justice with this new project… cheers

• Like 4

I have a private farm. I can grow some out for you. dont care what it is, they will get thrown in to a tilled soil base and we'll see what occurs. We applied for hemp as an industrial crop again this year, but we keep getting refused. Im at 54 degrees BTW. We've also applied for the farm diversification program to grow 'Cannabis for medicinal export' - but so far ive not heard back again this year lol - last year they wanted 240k for the licence and then uplift over the export duty to Canada too, which put it a bit out my price bracket  - like across the big sea and far, far away out of my price bracket lollollol

I can run a few in pots too. It would probably be a good test to see how they would fare with the mimimum of intervention.

Last year we did a 4x4m2 rotted chick poop grow bed, plants didnt finish though, which they should have. I can't do that this year, but its a bit late anyway.

Up until a few years ago we were all soil too, now were coco cause it suits the circumstance for now. When Ive got my planning, the stone walls rebuilt and parks and planning off my land, ill be doing my OD in a walled garden...^^

The offer is there, i bet not many folk get a farmer to grow their weed in test, I may be a livestock farmer but we grow the cows corn and feed/fodder, so I know my way about the land.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Sounds good. 

Yes BLR was a limited release of the first collaboration putting pollen of Leo’s chemdawg special reserve onto Genes black lime / PK. After this Gene was the head breeder for Aficionado for some time before starting Freeborn selections (which is well worth checking out).  

Among certain groups the BLR is a highly regarded line, producing top grade flower with a unique aroma/taste, as well as passing on many good qualities in crosses.

I certainly feel very lucky to be working with it, and hope to do the previous breeding justice with this new project… cheers

yeah man, it’s been mentioned in instal a lot by other breeders. Always sounded nice.

did you get a batch of seeds to work from and do your own selecting (s1’s or something) or are you working with a clone.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, zeroG said:

18 hours ago, zeroG said:

I have a private farm. I can grow some out for you. dont care what it is, they will get thrown in to a tilled soil base and we'll see what occurs. We applied for hemp as an industrial crop again this year, but we keep getting refused. Im at 54 degrees BTW. We've also applied for the farm diversification program to grow 'Cannabis for medicinal export' - but so far ive not heard back again this year lol - last year they wanted 240k for the licence and then uplift over the export duty to Canada too, which put it a bit out my price bracket  - like across the big sea and far, far away out of my price bracket lollollol

I can run a few in pots too. It would probably be a good test to see how they would fare with the mimimum of intervention.

Last year we did a 4x4m2 rotted chick poop grow bed, plants didnt finish though, which they should have. I can't do that this year, but its a bit late anyway.

Up until a few years ago we were all soil too, now were coco cause it suits the circumstance for now. When Ive got my planning, the stone walls rebuilt and parks and planning off my land, ill be doing my OD in a walled garden...^^

The offer is there, i bet not many folk get a farmer to grow their weed in test, I may be a livestock farmer but we grow the cows corn and feed/fodder, so I know my way about the land.

Sounds interesting for sure. UK?  Sure I will have things to send for that lat.  cheers 

17 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

yeah man, it’s been mentioned in instal a lot by other breeders. Always sounded nice.

did you get a batch of seeds to work from and do your own selecting (s1’s or something) or are you working with a clone.

I received a small number from guys who spend tens of thousands on seeds to find the best stuff, which often then gets reproduced, crossed etc in Australia. The BLR was one of this growers personal favourites, and he bred to F3/4 (I will have to double check the generation). I grew these out along side a bunch of other high end stuff I was sent, and out of the whole lot choose this one BLR for re-veg, as the smells were like nothing I had experienced before.  She then underwent further testing before being treated with STS to produce pollen for this cross, as well as a couple others, and of course for S1 seed, which is what I will be pulling the new donor from.  So a relatively stable parental line at this point. 

The warlock was a hard as nails individual, void of intersex tendencies in response to environmental stress. This forgiving nature has been imparted to the cross, making it well suited to indoor growing (The straight BLR is really more of a low lat outdoor line).  

Smells mix wonderfully, most plants leaning more to the BLR side. But with sweet and sour fruit notes from the WL.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 7

Sounds incredible now. So how do I become a tester, I have both kidneys still. I already have kids so may be able to spare a bollock, left leg perhaps?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

Sounds interesting for sure. UK?  Sure I will have things to send for that lat.  cheers

PM me - Send them down. we've tested for folks before, bigger and smaller breeders -  54 degrees is a fairly good temperature median. its not super hot a 'la west country', and its super wet/windy over that way anyhow, we're more easterly - we have a good mix of cooler and more temperate climate. Without giving too much away, i live in a topographically unique area for weather. Ive seen the entire country under 18 inches of snow and basked in 16 degrees, full winter sun. Likewise I've been stuck (in a tractor) in a 5ft drift - and the rest of the country is enjoying spring like rain showers...FYI i did get the excavator out after i pulled the tractor out with it...we did lose an ATV a couple years back, but that was in a sink hole, not weather related... lol

We can seaweed prep beds, full organic with spring water off the land, chick/sheep/cow/llama/alpaca poops  ;)

Whatever it is mate, it'll be a laugh lollollol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zeroG said:

chick/sheep/cow/llama/alpaca poops  ;)

just name your shit hey, we have a source.

even human but at extra cost.

Edited by Whatwentwrong

20 hours ago, Tegridy Farms said:

Beans have arrived safely, gonna finish this and then go get them wet.

Where do you want me to start the diary bud?

Nice!  Can start a diary in this subform if you like, probably be the easiest for me to keep track on. Or could just include updates in one elsewhere if easier and @ me in the updates. Up to you. cheers

On 24/07/2021 at 2:14 PM, Whatwentwrong said:

Sounds incredible now. So how do I become a tester, I have both kidneys still. I already have kids so may be able to spare a bollock, left leg perhaps?

PM incoming

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 21/07/2021 at 4:24 PM, Amarillo slim said:

A little 'test cross' of something I had originally planned to line breed via selfing for a few generations, before use as a parent in a cross with another project for an indoor / low latitude F1.  

The cross is of Warlock from Serious seeds (formerly a Magus genetics cultivar) and Black lime special reserve - a legendary cross resulting from a collaboration between Mean gene from mendicino of Freeborn selections, and Leo stone from aficionado.  The latter parent having been inbred for several generations by a great Australian grower - Beanz. Which came to me form an acquaintance of his in Alaska. The Black lime reserve (BLR) stood out among many other high quality genetics that I received, and I saw a lot of potential compatibility in paring it with my Warlock mother.  

Heres a couple pics and short description from a grower (Anazari) who did a great job growing out a couple of the resulting hybrids. As well as also coining the name 'Limelock' which has since stuck.   

large.IMG_0858.jpglarge.IMG_0861.jpglarge.IMG_0859.jpglarge.IMG_0863.jpg

Both of similar phenotype, both underwent topping and training, the second pictured underwent some defoliation in flower too, as an experiment.  Total yield of the two was 12oz. 

Description of finished product:

"Smell as you know is very apple, sour and a bit sweet. Flavour is very pronounced, apple comes through as does a lime/citrus taste, more apple than anything else. On the exhale, it's musky, thick and a tad bit Kush like. Potency wise it's a creeper but not para at all (didn't expect it to be), after a few inhalations I could feel it in the head, more head than body but then I find that with vaping anything, more uppy than sedative, lasts a good while too."

Based off these results, as well as my own. Ive decided this is something worth re-creating as an F1, finding an individual from S1 seed of the BLR F4 parent, with increased resin coverage and terpenes, and a new Warlock parent with better bud destiny and bract to leaf ratio (the previous parent was selected mainly for resistance to abiotic stress, and for use in northern outdoor projects, where looser flower structure can be more desirable).  

So, soon will be starting work making these new selections, and thought I would offer out some seeds of the test cross to a couple growers here for more feedback to aid in my selection.  Ideally growers with previous diaries. And bit of variation in environments would be good, for example a hydro grower, soil, a pro, a noob etc.  The purpose of these diaries is for R&D, not advertisement. So looking for honest feedback, merits, criticisms, good, bad, ugly. Don't care about a million updates, just want to see few pics and hear feedback, smoke report etc.  Whatever number you want within reason.  People who can start the grow in the next 2/3 weeks preferred.  Cheers 

Hi Amarillo I’m at lat 53 northwest coast Snowdonia wales, not got any diaries on here yet , good 12 years of looking for a plant that will finish at my latitude,got a few plots dug over the years . If you want me to grow out some of your plants. I am ready to go , plots are ready could take 100seeds

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/09/2021 at 9:31 PM, Tubsnpots said:

Hi Amarillo I’m at lat 53 northwest coast Snowdonia wales, not got any diaries on here yet , good 12 years of looking for a plant that will finish at my latitude,got a few plots dug over the years . If you want me to grow out some of your plants. I am ready to go , plots are ready could take 100seeds

Sorry, missed this.  As mentioned in thread I will only really consider testers who history of diaries / content here. Whilst Snowdonia would be a great place to have things tested and you sound genuine, I obviously can't just go dishing out 100 free seeds to people with a couple posts...   

Keep an eye for things hitting the store from me, or I think Serious seeds might be realising a new cultivar(strain) called Serious 7 before spring, which might well be suitable for you're area.  Good luck. 

• Like 3

On 27/10/2021 at 3:34 PM, Amarillo slim said:

Sorry, missed this.  As mentioned in thread I will only really consider testers who history of diaries / content here. Whilst Snowdonia would be a great place to have things tested and you sound genuine, I obviously can't just go dishing out 100 free seeds to people with a couple posts...   

Keep an eye for things hitting the store from me, or I think Serious seeds might be realising a new cultivar(strain) called Serious 7 before spring, which might well be suitable for you're area.  Good luck. 

Thanks for the reply I will keep an eye out in the store , going to wait for your stuff !!

And if you want me test anything else let me know 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Remember reading about them serious 7. More uniform and slightly earlier. 

Think they only giving them away as testers for now when you buy some s6.