Become a tester of Alfemco genetics.

Amarillo slim

This is a very interesting thread @Amarillo slim. Feel a little bit lucky to be seeing the birth of a seed company before our eyes! Also respect for showing us a little bit of your breeding strategy/mindset.

Bit curious about your choice of following a line with less side branching. What was your thinking in doing this? Was it to aid with mould resistance by having a less bushy/dense plant? or is purely an aesthetic decision to achieve the 'bud on a stick' look?

Very interested by this whole topic. One of the main things that draws me in to this whole growing game is vast catalogue of genetics available and the breeders choices that brought us to the current climate of available strains.

I would be interested in helping you out with your project. My outdoor plot is pretty small so would only be able to take 3 or 4 plants from you realistically. Or 1 or 2 of your indoor creations. 

Let me know either way! I'll be following your journey with interest.

• Like 4

Thanks for the kind words and interests in testing guys, Il wait till closer to the time and pm people for more details..  Ofcourse small number of seeds is fine, if you've just got room for 1 or 2 Il still consider it..

2 hours ago, yabbah said:

Bit curious about your choice of following a line with less side branching. What was your thinking in doing this?

Theres a few reasons behind that, and certainly its something that is desirable for my particular goal with this line, not something that is necessarily better. There are many traits I'm selecting for that are geared towards things that might not be so much of benefit to the average grower, but will make a difference to the value of the genetics in the future for (legal) commercial production.  If you look at any other crop and the genetic changes that occurred around what is referred to as 'the green revolution', you will see a lot of selection for less branching, fast, compact and hardy varieties, something that is beneficial for a number of reasons and fundamentally made it possible to feed the amount of people we do today.  Simply put, large and branchy plants produce less yield, with lower quality end product, are more prone to issues and require more labour to process. 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 9

Exciting to see another seed company pop up that's dedicated to us outdoor growers  :hippy: 

Good luck with the journey dude look forward to seeing how your plants grow this year for others!

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, rainy rock said:

Are these seeds available to buy off this sight?

Hi @rainy rock, the straight MWF is.  

Heres a link;

The 3 crosses Ive listed in this thread however are not available yet, but they probably will be towards the end of the year if all goes well.  Cheers

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latitude 51, could make room for 4 or 5 plants I think, finishing earlier the better but I'd be happy to grow out any of the 3 listed.

Both plots are surrounded by brambles but get reasonably good sunlight hours and have decent air flow.

Botrytis is an issue in my bramble plots, I have however just opened up my main plot and now have a nice size clearing. I wonder if they'd be happy in a mini wonderful fucking bed lol

I'll be starting a new diary soon for this season and intend to update it fortnightly (ish). If I were to trial genetics for someone I would make sure I document the process thoroughly start to finish :yep:

• Like 3

Hey Slim loveing this to be honest! A new seedbank been born :) 

Purely for outdoor grows! 

Me and @Borobaker20 have got 20 were running in a few comps but couls easily squeeze a few of these new bad boys on one of the plots and we would document it all like were doing with Dinafem/Humboldt 

Thanks Slim 

Keep Safe 

:) 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Amarillo 

I put a order in for a 6 bean mwf, haven’t had a confirmation yet, order no:1257

can you check it out for me, tia 

11 hours ago, Russjackell said:

Hi@Amarillo slim, 

I put a order in for a 6 bean mwf, haven’t had a confirmation yet, order no:1257

can you check it out for me, tia 

8 hours ago, Russjackell said:

Give him time dude if you ordered from the site, then its joolz who you should be messaging. Hes the one who manages the beans.

• Like 4