Become a tester of Alfemco genetics.

Amarillo slim

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

those rd fems and some pure mwf if your able to get hold of them.

Working on it :yep:

56 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

yeah i saw some of the MWF diaries, but quite a few unfinished or not updated, which is a bit annoying..

To be fair nearly all of the diaries were people who took it upon them selves to start a diary after buying seeds.  I only gave seeds out to a couple members, who've done a great job with informative reports.  So it is what it is, often life gets in the way, and people don't have time for updates etc.  Nature of the beast.  

• Like 2

On 11/10/2020 at 4:41 PM, Amarillo slim said:

Will let you know when the new outdoor stuff is ready and get them out to you, no problem. cheers

:yep:

Hope you find a smoke you like, :spliff: CBG is new to me, is it another cannabinoid? I know there are over 100... :smartass:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mcgarret said:

CBG is new to me, is it another cannabinoid?

Yes it is, its a precursor, effects similar to cbd, better for pain but not as good for anxiety (or the other way round).

Cannabigerol (CBG) is one of more than 120 identified cannabinoid compounds found in the plant genus Cannabis.[1][2] Cannabigerol is the non-acidic form of cannabigerolic acid, the parent molecule from which other cannabinoids are synthesized. Cannabigerol is a minor constituent of cannabis.[3] During plant growth, most of the cannabigerol is converted into other cannabinoids, primarily tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) or cannabidiol (CBD), leaving about 1% cannabigerol in the plant.[4]

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mcgarret said:

CBG is new to me, is it another cannabinoid?

Yes, and its lovely stuff, much much nicer than and CBD.  The stuff I smoke has been bred specifically for high content of this cannabinoid and next to no others. I think the CBG levels are around 20%.  Good for anxiety and appetite stimulation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amarillo slim said:

Yes, and its lovely stuff, much much nicer than and CBD.  The stuff I smoke has been bred specifically for high content of this cannabinoid and next to no others. I think the CBG levels are around 20%.  Good for anxiety and appetite stimulation. 

I believe (have been told) thay cbg being a precursor to cbd/thc etc that its far more prevalent earlier on in the flowering stage. This was told to me in explanation of why cbg oil/products are more expensive than cbd products (smaller plants = less extraction material). Part of me feels like someone was feeding me BS to justify the higher price, that being said if your looking to maximise cbg production it might be worth investigating different harvest times or getting some buds tested at different stages of flowering.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

I believe (have been told) thay cbg being a precursor to cbd/thc etc that its far more prevalent earlier on in the flowering stage.

This is true of cultivars that haven't been bred solely for its production, and to a much lesser of those that have. Though still may be harvested on the earlier side.  

This was told to me in explanation of why cbg oil/products are more expensive than cbd products (smaller plants = less extraction material)

Im not sure how true that is. The flower I was buying was the same price as CBD stuff. 

that being said if your looking to maximise cbg production it might be worth investigating different harvest times or getting some buds tested at different stages of flowering.

Yeah, might have to do a bit of experimenting.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 1

So the guy who told me was trying to sell me cbd/cbg oil and his cbg was more expensive, so yeah not necessarily more expensive across the board but just in that specific situation, worded it wrong really. You can see why I took what he told me with a pinch of salt, he was clearly a salesman at heart and didn't seem to have a lot of knowledge, just another guy who jumped on the bandwagon, trying to tell me that any more than 100mg of cbd a day would be harmful lol. You have demonstrated a far superior level of knowledge in those few comments.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

So the guy who told me was trying to sell me cbd/cbg oil and his cbg was more expensive, so yeah not necessarily more expensive across the board but just in that specific situation, worded it wrong really. You can see why I took what he told me with a pinch of salt, he was clearly a salesman at heart and didn't seem to have a lot of knowledge, just another guy who jumped on the bandwagon, trying to tell me that any more than 100mg of cbd a day would be harmful lol. You have demonstrated a far superior level of knowledge in those few comments.

Ive recently bought some CBG isolate suspend in hemp seed oil, says on the back take 2-3 drops, 2-3 times a day, DO NOT EXCEED, Ive basically been drinking the stuff lol 

Me and a mate were just chatting about it yesterday actually, that the cost of the containers, label etc would be minimal, the main cost would be the isolate. You can buy a kilo of the pure isolate, and while I'm not sure on prices, turned into the oil I bought a kilo would sell for around £80,000..  Can see why theres people jumping on the bandwagon.   

Hopefully I can get a few decent CBG fems to grow outdoors next seasons.  Be nice to have a kilo of flower for percy :smokin:

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

A little 'test cross' of something I had originally planned to line breed via selfing for a few generations, before use as a parent in a cross with another project for an indoor / low latitude F1.  

The cross is of Warlock from Serious seeds (formerly a Magus genetics cultivar) and Black lime special reserve - a legendary cross resulting from a collaboration between Mean gene from mendicino of Freeborn selections, and Leo stone from aficionado.  The latter parent having been inbred for several generations by a great Australian grower - Beanz. Which came to me form an acquaintance of his in Alaska. The Black lime reserve (BLR) stood out among many other high quality genetics that I received, and I saw a lot of potential compatibility in paring it with my Warlock mother.  

Heres a couple pics and short description from a grower (Anazari) who did a great job growing out a couple of the resulting hybrids. As well as also coining the name 'Limelock' which has since stuck.   

large.IMG_0858.jpglarge.IMG_0861.jpglarge.IMG_0859.jpglarge.IMG_0863.jpg

Both of similar phenotype, both underwent topping and training, the second pictured underwent some defoliation in flower too, as an experiment.  Total yield of the two was 12oz. 

Description of finished product:

"Smell as you know is very apple, sour and a bit sweet. Flavour is very pronounced, apple comes through as does a lime/citrus taste, more apple than anything else. On the exhale, it's musky, thick and a tad bit Kush like. Potency wise it's a creeper but not para at all (didn't expect it to be), after a few inhalations I could feel it in the head, more head than body but then I find that with vaping anything, more uppy than sedative, lasts a good while too."

Based off these results, as well as my own. Ive decided this is something worth re-creating as an F1, finding an individual from S1 seed of the BLR F4 parent, with increased resin coverage and terpenes, and a new Warlock parent with better bud destiny and bract to leaf ratio (the previous parent was selected mainly for resistance to abiotic stress, and for use in northern outdoor projects, where looser flower structure can be more desirable).  

So, soon will be starting work making these new selections, and thought I would offer out some seeds of the test cross to a couple growers here for more feedback to aid in my selection.  Ideally growers with previous diaries. And bit of variation in environments would be good, for example a hydro grower, soil, a pro, a noob etc.  The purpose of these diaries is for R&D, not advertisement. So looking for honest feedback, merits, criticisms, good, bad, ugly. Don't care about a million updates, just want to see few pics and hear feedback, smoke report etc.  Whatever number you want within reason.  People who can start the grow in the next 2/3 weeks preferred.  Cheers 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 21

I'd definitely be interested mate, sounds and looks right up my street.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Sounds mint. 

If you get it to a point where you'd like it tested outside next year. I'd be happy to help out.

But for now sounds like there's gonna be a few lucky people to try this one out!

• Like 1

@MindSoup nice! Just send me a pm if you can start in next few weeks and will get seeds sent. Cheers

5 hours ago, Tomateo.grower said:

Sounds mint. 

If you get it to a point where you'd like it tested outside next year. I'd be happy to help out.

But for now sounds like there's gonna be a few lucky people to try this one out!

What latitude roughly? These won’t be much good for outdoor UK. But will have plenty other stuff which is, ready for testing before spring. 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 1

I could potentially start some in the time required and flower in the next cycle if you fancy. Coco grown led hlg Diablo. :oldtoker:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

@MindSoup nice! Just send me a pm if you can start in next few weeks and will get seeds sent. Cheers

What latitude roughly? These won’t be much good for outdoor UK. But will have plenty other stuff which is, ready for testing before spring. 

I'm between 53 and 54. And yeah I read they were for indoor. Sounded really interesting. Plus I missed out on purchasing some of the mfw. Well let me know. I'll be scouting for new spots come winter ready for spring.

• Like 1