A Guide to Building and Operating Bubblers

MU

thanks peppi. ;)

im going to keep it updated as i continue growing with bubblers, so the next thing i will be dabbling with will be this lucas stuff..., which will be fun because i wont be using RO water...at least not to begin with... :yinyang:

im going to do a 2 bubbler grow, next, after the summer, 1 using the lucas approach and the other using the manufacturers instructions at the ec's ive found that works... be interesting to see the difference.

cheers buddy! :ninja:

Edited by MU

Guest Peppi
thanks peppi. :)

im going to keep it updated as i continue growing with bubblers, so the next thing i will be dabbling with will be this lucas stuff..., which will be fun because i wont be using RO water...at least not to begin with... :yinyang:

cheers buddy! :ninja:

358253[/snapback]

i did make a small bubbler myself out of a bucket and a small pump the grow has just finished the plants were mazar (fems) i only did 2 plants in a small space which i trained with string wish the dog hadnt ate me camera or i would post a picture or two up i did have problems with the small size of the bucket i think the ph was goin out fast but they made it to 9 weeks so it cant be bad ill be making something with a larger rez next time and another pump and more stones the bud is drying now so hopefully itll last till my next crop but some how i doubt it ;)

peppi ;)

Guest Ludacris2004

hi again, i was walking round a pet store today where they stock aquarium stuff and seen some airstones well they wernt airstones they looked like airline tubes with holes punctured through them they are suppose to be instead of airstones.would this be better than airstones?

Guest Peppi
hi again, i was walking round a pet store today where they stock aquarium stuff and seen some airstones well they wernt airstones they looked like airline tubes with holes punctured through them they are suppose to be instead of airstones.would this be better than airstones?

359019[/snapback]

ive always liked the look of that tubing myself just blocking one end and coiling it round the bottom of your rez bet its great with a good pump

peppi :yinyang:

hi

there are two types of tubing.

one is soaker hose, 4mm micro soaker hose, which is supposedly very good for aeriating bubblers. the other is tubing type airstones, you can see these at the beginning of this thread in one of the rack i use them, and personally, i dont reckon theyre that good. they produce a fair number of very fine bubbles, but the bubbles from the toblerones, esp the aqua fizzes are much more vigourous.

cheers catsarse... :yinyang:

Guest Peppi
hi

there are two types of tubing.

one is soaker hose, 4mm micro soaker hose, which is supposedly very good for aeriating bubblers.  the other is tubing type airstones, you can see these at the beginning of this thread in one of the rack i use them, and personally, i dont reckon theyre that good.  they produce a fair number of very fine bubbles, but the bubbles from the toblerones, esp the aqua fizzes are much more vigourous.

cheers catsarse... ;)

359106[/snapback]

mu

so do you rekon the tubing isnt worth bothering with ? ive been looking at pumps on various sites and have seen a 300 litre twin output job fairly cheap .

was thinking of getting one of these and four airstones in my next attempted bubbler i was thinking of using one of those grey tote boxes you have there coz i can get one from work no problem im thinking about 4 small trained plants in one of those do you think the above pump will have the required uummph to provide enough oxygen for the plants im planning to make a larger rez after my last grow in which i had problems with my ph changing rapidly coz of the small rez

by the way what do you do to dampen your pumps down coz my grow is in the bathroom which is used by all the smell isnt a problem but noise is on the last grow i wrapped it in underlay do you have any good ideas about dampening the pump

peppi :spliff:

hi mate

so do you rekon the tubing isnt worth bothering with ? ive been looking at pumps on various sites and have seen a 300 litre twin output job fairly cheap .

the tubular rubber airstones are ok, but when you put a bubbler side by side one with toblerones and ones with airtubing airstones the difference is obvious, in favour of the toblerones. i dont see why the airtubing stones wont work, its just i think the toblerones are better.

was thinking of getting one of these and four airstones in my next attempted bubbler i was thinking of using one of those grey tote boxes you have there coz i can get one from work no problem im thinking about 4 small trained plants in one of those do you think the above pump will have the required uummph to provide enough oxygen for the plants im planning to make a larger rez after my last grow in which i had problems with my ph changing rapidly coz of the small rez

by the way what do you do to dampen your pumps down coz my grow is in the bathroom which is used by all the smell isnt a problem but noise is on the last grow i wrapped it in underlay do you have any good ideas about dampening the pump

peppi :spliff:

359237[/snapback]

i run two types of pump mainly. a compressor, which is noisey, i hang that from bungees, but it would still be too loud if it was in a room being used for other things. i also use silentair airpumps, which only go up to 200L p/h max, dual outlet, they are quiet enough... for other pumps you would just have to suck it and see,i suppose... look for pumps advertised as being quiet would be my advice.

sitting the bubblers on thick (4") polytyrene, may dampen some noise too.

Guest Ludacris2004

could i use these to split the outlets?

Algarde Airline Gang Valves

ALGARDE 2-WAY GANG VALVE : Allows one air pump outlet to be split into two - each one being adjustable.

ALGARDE GANG VALVE EXTENSION KIT : Adds on to 2-way gang valve to give four outlets - all adjustable

Precision made for accurate adjustment. Fitted with 'O' rings to prevent leakage

(Colours of items may vary from that shown)

Algarde Gang Valve Starter Kit 2-Way £1.12

Algarde Gang Valve Extension Kit 4-Way £1.12

post-5931-1116172629.jpg

i suppose you could use those but a simple plastic T-splitter will be just as good and cheaper, i would have thought.

just use as many T-splitters as you need to make whatever number of airlines you need.

T-splitters should be all you need, its up to you though, mate. :smoke: