Sweet Cheese & Green Poison, plus some more later & Timelapse videos

Inspiration101

Hi and welcome to another year of Sweet Seeds fun in my little corner of the world near London.

I have been growing in a 10x8 shed at the far end of the garden.  The back 1/3rd of the shed is partitoned off and insulated with 10mm foam and double bubble metallic insulation foil - All staple gunned to the shed walling.

There is an 8" acoustic box using phonic ducting to extract the air from the partitioned grow area into the rest of the shed - Not directly outside, the shed door is lame with a 1/2cm gap all the way around it and this has served well in ensuring decent fresh air exchange without the loss of all that lovely warm air which keeps the grow area a lush 25-32 depending on what power I set the lights or extraction to.  There is an 8" passive intake hole within the shed to the grow area.

With the lights I have two ballasts with simple reflectors, 275w-660w  and a 400w-1100w  but I have been and shall continue to run them at 400w each for the veg cycle.  The bulbs are Sylvania blue for veg and first two weeks of flower then its on to using the Sylvania dual spectrum bulbs.

I shall be sticking with the BioBizz stuff with the addition of Plagron Batmix for the final pot up.  i have been using the following:  Rootjuice, Grow, Fishmix, Bloom, TopMax, Alg A Mic.

Well I think that's the main points of the setup, now to let you know they just went in to 12/12 :D

I took some clones from the last grow I did which was associated with last years Sweet Seeds Grow Competition and so I have 4 Green Poison and 5 Sweet Cheese.

Here they are from back on November 3rd all pushing roots and ready to pot: 

Sweet Cheese at the top, Green Poison beneath.

large.5dbee27f87ca9_sweetcheeseclones.jpglarge.5dbee27dd4fef_greenpoisonclones.jpg

And here they are in their first pots in my little 40x40x180cm tent which I also have within the shed - This has a 125w CFL, no fans, no real intake or outake.

large.5dbee27c0f6c8_clonesintent.jpg

I dumped one of the Green Poison, you can see which one above didn't get potted I'm sure ;)

Fast forwards two weeks of them being in this tent here they are:

large.5dd10e102a703_scandgpclones.jpg

I needed to keep them in this tent as long as possible due to my grow area being full of their parents and more.  I also had Gorilla Girl in there and now kick myself for not having taken clones from this also considering how awesome a smoke it is - I have been smoking it this past two weeks and its brilliant!  Sweet Cheese and Green Poison are lovely smokes also but I just found a preference for Gorilla Girl...

Fast forwards some more to 14th December, they have been repotted into BioBizz All mix (I only add plagron batmix when going into the final 11 litre pots) and they are now in the main grow area: 

large.5e10cc53dc6be_Week3.jpg

Along the way I have been topping them, lots.  All the lower growing tips removed as early as possible, really only allowing the best branches to grow and keeping things all tights on height.  24 hours lights on!

Moving on to some time later in December things are taking off:  

large.5e10cc559bb98_Week4.jpg

large.5e10cc57222a1_Week5.jpg

And then bringing us to today where I have just set the lights to 12/12:

large.5e10cc58ba6a7_Week6.jpg

Green Poison 4 are on the left, the other 5 are Sweet Cheese.

I will take the time to put up a few shots without the red ambience from the bulbs, plus some bud shots from their mothers since I have a couple of bags full :D

Until then sweet smokes, I shall mostly be smoking Gorilla Girl and waiting on my competition seeds which are Gorilla Girl, Sweet Amnezia Haze & Sweet Pure CBD - This one I will be doing for my two friends in need.

Insp :bong:

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 26

good luck with this latest adventure. 

its good that you are growing some cbd strains for friends in need - extra - good karma points awarded.

I hope they fly for you mate.

do you rate the Sylvania lamps then, or have you always used them?

• Like 4

Great to see what's been going on in your shed and I'm glad to hear how much you are enjoying the sweet smokes! Hopefully in your next pack you'll get a Gorilla Girl that's as good as your last :lucky: Looking forward to some more great videos - maybe we'll see the girls dancing again soon? :yep:

Good luck with this round of the Sweet Cheese and Green Poison.

• Like 4

Good start to the diary.  Sweet Cheese and Green Poison are both great smoke and potent in smell and taste, but like you said, Gorilla Girl is something else. :)  Sweet Amnesia was alright, but i didn't find the pheno i was looking for and she took about 11 weeks... so beware.  Then again, I've only done a single seed of that strain.   There was a member that did a whole diary of Amnesia during last comp and he did get a bit of variation as well with most finishing in 10 weeks.

Good Luck! :v:

• Like 6

Hey Inspiration!

Thanks for being here again with us. Always a pleasure to have the opportunity of following your work ;)

All the best to the competition and sweet smokes! :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 2

On 1/4/2020 at 10:23 PM, badbillybob said:

good luck with this latest adventure. 

its good that you are growing some cbd strains for friends in need - extra - good karma points awarded.

I hope they fly for you mate.

do you rate the Sylvania lamps then, or have you always used them?

Hi and thanks, the CBD strains will be interesting and I definitely intend to clone the best looking one also for future projects :)

I do rate the Sylvania bulbs, plus they came as part of a competition win with Sweet Seeds and so cost me nothing which is a nice bonus.  The bulbs have been producing well for me with no heat spot concerns.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:11 PM, delagdo said:

Great to see what's been going on in your shed and I'm glad to hear how much you are enjoying the sweet smokes! Hopefully in your next pack you'll get a Gorilla Girl that's as good as your last :lucky: Looking forward to some more great videos - maybe we'll see the girls dancing again soon? :yep:

Good luck with this round of the Sweet Cheese and Green Poison.

Thanks @delagdo I haven't stopped this past year now, just Sweet Seeds smokes all the way.  Am blasted on Gorilla Girl at the moment with two grinders full to finish off before I switch to Green Poison.  I now have 2 x 4 GG seeds so am in a good position to get some more on the go a few times more in the future.

I will be doing some timelapse videos in the near future, am just dithering on if I can set things up for a flowering timelapse or seedling startup.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:03 AM, AustrianTokker said:

Good start to the diary.  Sweet Cheese and Green Poison are both great smoke and potent in smell and taste, but like you said, Gorilla Girl is something else. :)  Sweet Amnesia was alright, but i didn't find the pheno i was looking for and she took about 11 weeks... so beware.  Then again, I've only done a single seed of that strain.   There was a member that did a whole diary of Amnesia during last comp and he did get a bit of variation as well with most finishing in 10 weeks.

Good Luck! :v:

Thanks for the heads up on the Sweet Amnesia Haze, shall see what happens and have fun along the way regardless I'm sure....shall see if I can hold out for 11/12 weeks of flowering lol 

On 1/7/2020 at 7:38 PM, Exhale said:

Forgot to reply to this, vaping too much.

Is your name Roger by any chance? That's a very fine shrubbery there!

Good luck in the competition @Inspiration101!

Thanks, they were all topped 4 or 5 times and all the lower branches nipped out at the earliest opportunity.  Seems to have paid off really well :)

On 1/7/2020 at 9:18 PM, jadenugs said:

Great start mate, nice even canopy. Good luck with the grow and the comp :yep:

Thanks a lot, yea the canopy is looking sweet, 3-4" difference is all, pretty tight. :D

On 1/9/2020 at 5:33 PM, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Hey Inspiration!

Thanks for being here again with us. Always a pleasure to have the opportunity of following your work ;)

All the best to the competition and sweet smokes! :oldtoker:

tommy

Hi @Sweet Seeds-tommy I never left lol   

I have been growing and enjoying your fine companies offerings this past few months, I can't get enough of it!

Lets see what I can come up with this year, I have a lot of choice due to the generosity of Sweet Seeds - 10 packs of seeds to choose from.  

Sweet Pure CBD, Gorilla Girl, and then something as yet now undecided, we will see :)

Thanks for looking in, and sweet smokes to you too :bong:

• Like 7

Week 1 of flowering is complete, all has gone well.  The lights turn off at 8am, then back on at 8pm. 

Temps have been 16-29 based on what the thermometer says - The little 3ft tubular oil garden heater is doing well. 

I have continued feeding a mass of Biobizz products: Fishmix, Grow, Bloom, Alg-A-Mic, Top Max.  They are definitely drinking more this week.

The lights have been moved up 6 inches or so to ensure no burning of the tops - Which are everywhere :D

So, for now, here we go, a few photos:

Green Poison x4 on the left of the shed in 11 litre square Wilma pots

large.5e1a2ba0aae0a_GreenPoisonWeek1complete.JPG

And a Green Poison top up close

large.5e1a2b9f10ee3_GreenPoisontopwk1.JPG

Sweet Cheese x5 on the right side of the shed

large.5e1a2ba416f07_SweetCheeseWeek1complete.JPG

Sweet Cheese tops up close

large.5e1a2ba253e5f_SweetCheesetopwk1.JPG

And finally the group shot with all the ladies snug in the shed :)

large.5e1a2ba55faa9_Week1completeGPandSC.JPG

Until the next update I shall be finishing off a handful of Gorilla Girl before moving on to smoking Green Poison....... Sweet Smokes all :smokin:

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 15

That's a lovely ,tidy grow room ,and well done re-vegging and getting a second shot out of the plants .They didn't take long to turn around . I really like the smell and flavour from San Fernando ,although I've had buds of it , on and off for over a year now ,I'm sort of too used to it,if you catch my drift . 

Best of luck .

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

That's a lovely ,tidy grow room ,and well done re-vegging and getting a second shot out of the plants .They didn't take long to turn around . I really like the smell and flavour from San Fernando ,although I've had buds of it , on and off for over a year now ,I'm sort of too used to it,if you catch my drift . 

Best of luck .

Thanks, I just kept the clones warm and on 24/7, nature did the rest :)

• Like 4

What allot of lovely looking plants, i've ran both of these strains before and there good. I've just finished up an auto green poison.

• Like 3