GreenVision

On 06/03/2020 at 7:55 PM, GreenVision said:

As of right now I'd say the shorter plants will be done week 10 but the taller ones will need 3 weeks, possibly even 4. I'm hoping to harvest 3 weeks tomorrow but tbh it's going to be hit and miss.

I would agree with your harvest prediction mate  :yep:

Time will tell :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I would agree with your harvest prediction mate  :yep:

Time will tell :cheers:

Mark..

Hi mate. Yh'  the taller ones have a very distinct Cookie touch, the shorter ones I think are following a more OG type shape etc.

The shorter ones really are dense too, they have a more fruity tone, the taller ones have that earthy aroma for sure. 

I moved about the big room today, so I'll be back on tomorrow with some better pics, honestly some of these plants are amazing. 

Thanks for popping in mate. :yep:

GV.

• Like 2

Hi all. Apologies for the later than usual update, was a bit manic in the tent last week and getting pics wasn't easy.

But the plants have gone into overdrive now. I was getting a bit concerned I wouldn't have these out and dry by the end of the competition, but I am quite sure now that I'll have them done. 

Its just two plants in particular that are taking a bit more time. But even chopped when they need it I should still make it in time. I have a space to dry when each plant is ready as these share a tent were never going to be dried in the big tent. So I can take them down as they are ready. 

One of the largest plants. A real dumpy monster. Smells a little Gassy and sweet this one. Sometimes I get a sweet cheesy whiff but it is mostly an OG kind of aroma atm: 

large.a.JPG.74b3c7beee0217bdc5c046cb6d3d

large.c.JPG.19813baa10c5aab2e580c6e57ce6

And a few of the more Cookie leaning plants. These are pretty much pine / earthy aromas with a little peppery note as of right now:

large.b.JPG.8d008add40f5927a99d21a8cab85

large.d.JPG.5ed6a2496d4c2fddbfb95856a8e4

large.e.JPG.093b220ea5b275d43b1e05475d3f

These is one of the two I'm waiting on. The pics dont do it justice to be fair, there are areas that have fully swollen and maturing with orange pistils so I think they should be ready in time.

large.g.JPG.41d982bc2d66fb69b75cf3446377

Can see they are starting to yellow a little. I have upped the feed to full whack for the last two feeds which seems to be keeping this at bay, but at this stage I'm not going to push them on feed as they're doing great and I don't want a build up this close to the end. I will give them the rest of this week on full feed and drop to half dose next watering then the plain water till the end.

Thanks for reading through. 

Will be back this weekend. 

Take it easy.

GV.

• Like 8

Managed to get a bit closer today, thought I'd grab a few pics of the crop whilst I had the chance.

Pics are not my best but the crop is REALLY starting to come together. Even more sure now I should be done well in time, a few plants are literally days from being fully cooked, and the others aren't far behind.

large.C.jpg.69b8fcd01008b8adb13705a45f26

large.G.jpg.b3c08314de3372a51edda1bdf571

large.D.jpg.1b38aff91d53e75263eedd8f993f

Some of these plants are going to yield 3oz of dried buds I rekon. The more cookie leaning plants will be less but that's just in their genetics. But these shorter OG like plants are monsters, rock solid too.

And two of them have started to show a little colour which I think is due to the mix of 400v DE HPS and Quantum Boards.

large.B.jpg.eb2a608c1791abb677c5046d679a

Plenty of frost on them as well.

large.A.jpg.1ee60d4419f41bf7757dc9f76a21

Quite shocking for an auto to be fair. I know they have come a long way, but these are covered in resin. I think the genetics Dinafem have used made a really good autoflower, quite clever to use the OG auto as a standing and introduce another resin powerhouse to get an auto.

On the Intense Nutrients side of things, the plants even now are only just starting to let go. I have fed only the nutrients that were given to me, no added PK or Cal/Mag no boost etc, and they are still going quite strong even reaching the end stages of their cycle. I have had to buy another bottle, but I suppose this is about right as I was using it for a couple of White Widow XXL's in there too, so all those autos on 1 litre I was bound to run out. 

I will be giving these a flush through but only for 2 water's. The smaller more mature plants will likely not get any more feed as I think they will be down next weekend latest. The other will get 1 or 2 more feeds and come down the following week.

I'll be back soon with a few more pics. 

Hope everyone's smoking something nice and frosty.

Take it easy all.

GV.

• Like 8

Hi all, been a bit of long week with everything going on.

Never thought I'd struggle to buy a bag of chips.... The bloke in the off licence has had that bag of McCain in his Ice Cream Freezer since 1987 and finally sold this afternoon lol

@Dinafem-Mark & @Intense Nutrients Matt , I hope this update find you well guys. 

So the crop is all but down and trimmed now. Took it to 11 weeks and alll but 1 plant was more than ready for to harvest. The one that wasn't will be ready in a couple more days I should imagine. 

As I said previous I have an empty tent atm so no need to rush any of them.

Once all said and done the Cookies Auto was probably the easiest auto I've grown. Again as previously stated I think the Intense Nutrients deserve some credit as even at the end I had all but no nutrient def's or issues what so ever.

As of right now, the crop is full of earthy OG type aromas. There was one that you can see in the pics below went a little pink / purple and has a slightly different smell to it, maybe a sweeter earth smell.

But the resin is something else. If every auto was as sticky and resinous as these photos would go out of fashion I rekon.

Density is spot on, the buds are very dense but have a nice fluffy spring to them. Spot on.

The biggest jaw dropper though is the yield. GSC isn't known for its high yields, but these have smashed it. I'm sure I will have and avg 1.5oz of dry bud from these. Good sized colas all round really. One or two were a bit more Cookie leaning in terms of structure, but in general the yield was above average for me from autos or cookies.

large.1.jpg.52cc69b81f91033cb901f940cc31

large.2.jpg.dd61490d3d3e5cff12fe8cdf628e

large.3.jpg.c96c6746722cef1d0f928c350646

large.4.jpg.9a308d592ed627364c122ee83f99

Might ring a bell that I had some WW XXL from Dinafem in the tent with the Cookies?... Well they were fed on the Organix too and are all but done now. The buds have gone absolutely solid. Thought I'd throw up a pic seeing as it was fed on Intense and is a Dinafem strain. :thumsup:

large.5.jpg.9afe5285fb2ec8bc6081a54d192b

Totally understand why this is called XXL now... lol 

I chopped 3 days ago now. Got a few pics this afternoon of the plants hanging up as it does show the yield a little better now all those leaves are off.

large.6.jpg.3ef3c247b1df837c5192070b33a3

large.7.jpg.286815e0f7817a423c51d40b2088

large.8.jpg.bb46331aba608e05ef1fecfa41ce

large.9.jpg.84c12fa2d1fdc4f8a72de6a65c5e

Not the end of the Diary just yet though guys. I will be back with a full report before the competition ends. :yep:

As always thanks for reading through and I really do hope everyone's well and tucked up with something frosty to smoke.

Stay safe and take it easy all.

GV.

• Like 8

On 21/03/2020 at 7:02 PM, GreenVision said:

Hi all, been a bit of long week with everything going on.

Never thought I'd struggle to buy a bag of chips.... The bloke in the off licence has had that bag of McCain in his Ice Cream Freezer since 1987 and finally sold this afternoon lol

@Dinafem-Mark & @Intense Nutrients Matt , I hope this update find you well guys. 

So the crop is all but down and trimmed now. Took it to 11 weeks and alll but 1 plant was more than ready for to harvest. The one that wasn't will be ready in a couple more days I should imagine. 

As I said previous I have an empty tent atm so no need to rush any of them.

Once all said and done the Cookies Auto was probably the easiest auto I've grown. Again as previously stated I think the Intense Nutrients deserve some credit as even at the end I had all but no nutrient def's or issues what so ever.

As of right now, the crop is full of earthy OG type aromas. There was one that you can see in the pics below went a little pink / purple and has a slightly different smell to it, maybe a sweeter earth smell.

But the resin is something else. If every auto was as sticky and resinous as these photos would go out of fashion I rekon.

Density is spot on, the buds are very dense but have a nice fluffy spring to them. Spot on.

The biggest jaw dropper though is the yield. GSC isn't known for its high yields, but these have smashed it. I'm sure I will have and avg 1.5oz of dry bud from these. Good sized colas all round really. One or two were a bit more Cookie leaning in terms of structure, but in general the yield was above average for me from autos or cookies.

large.1.jpg.52cc69b81f91033cb901f940cc31

large.2.jpg.dd61490d3d3e5cff12fe8cdf628e

large.3.jpg.c96c6746722cef1d0f928c350646

large.4.jpg.9a308d592ed627364c122ee83f99

Might ring a bell that I had some WW XXL from Dinafem in the tent with the Cookies?... Well they were fed on the Organix too and are all but done now. The buds have gone absolutely solid. Thought I'd throw up a pic seeing as it was fed on Intense and is a Dinafem strain. :thumsup:

large.5.jpg.9afe5285fb2ec8bc6081a54d192b

Totally understand why this is called XXL now... lol 

I chopped 3 days ago now. Got a few pics this afternoon of the plants hanging up as it does show the yield a little better now all those leaves are off.

large.6.jpg.3ef3c247b1df837c5192070b33a3

large.7.jpg.286815e0f7817a423c51d40b2088

large.8.jpg.bb46331aba608e05ef1fecfa41ce

large.9.jpg.84c12fa2d1fdc4f8a72de6a65c5e

Not the end of the Diary just yet though guys. I will be back with a full report before the competition ends. :yep:

As always thanks for reading through and I really do hope everyone's well and tucked up with something frosty to smoke.

Stay safe and take it easy all.

GV.

Another successful Dinafem harvest on UK420  ;)

Looks stunning mate, well done  :yep:

I'll look out for a killer smoke report to conclude this diary  :cheers:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I'll look out for a killer smoke report to conclude this diary

There will defo be one mate. A few more days and I can have a blast of the dried buds before they go into a cure. 

Thanks for poppin in mate.

• Like 1

Hi all. So I wanted to do a smoke report once I had some fully dried buds, and I also wanted it to be its own post. It took about 11 days before any of the buds were ready enough to smoke and get a good solid flavour from, and all are dried as of today.

Also for this post I want to talk about yield. I got a total 727g from the finished buds, there was very little fluff on these so I counted anything I would deem as good quality buds. I only have food weighing scales so it may be a little out, but I'm sure its close enough. So that equates to 72g a plant on average, or 2.59 oz a plant. Now I cant brag as TBH.... I didn't do shit lol I just fed them and waited. I will say the LST really worked well, but the rest really was Genetics and Nutrients. I am well chuffed with that, and too my knowledge I've not had a result like that from Auto's ever.

But I had two different Genotypes in these, the short fat, and the taller frosty. I've tried several samples from each of the 10 plants..... Yes, I really did, was such hard graft.... lol  anyway....

SMOKE REPORT:

Flavour:

The short fat plants at first tug give a very sweet flavour, but then there was a surprise chem taste. I cant quite place it but it's almost a light Diesel touch. But once your a few puffs in the Earthy GSC note starts to come out. 

The tall frosty plant has a pure GSC Earthy Piney flavour. It's actually really creamy too, a bit more morish for me than the shorter plants as the flavour lingers for longer. 

Aroma:

They fucking stink!.... The shorter plants again have a really sweet whiff to them when you give them a squeeze, but they aroma really stuck through the drying process.

The taller plants have a much more complex aroma. Its again very GSC, quite abit of bag appeal. At first they smell earth with a little sour whiff, but when you grind them up you get that piney aroma full on. It's almost a cool menthol smell when being broken up or squeezed a little. Very nice.

High / Effect:

The effect is straight on you. For me it was actually a little Hybrid in effect, the high hits you first followed by a nice body stone once your about half way through a burner. But once all said and done its a body stone IMO. Nice and relaxing, good for listening to tunes and chilling. A little note on potency, all the plants were of what I would call a high THC level. The line between full on photperiod plants and Autoflowers is getting very very thin. In fact the days of virgin tokers growing auto's for they're lower THC levels is well and truly gone.

Bud Structure:

This is where the difference between the two Genotypes was greatest for me. Both types gave dense nugs and gave very good yields, but there was a difference. The shorter plants were fluffy, those types of buds that you can sit and pick apart calyx by calyx wiothout the use of a grinder / scissors. The taller plants were just rock solid. Both buds had a fair amount of leaf on them, something I personally dont mind as long as it's covered in resin, which they were. But true to the GSC side of things the nugs all came away from the main stems, there wasn't any large hand sized buds, just smaller solid nugs. All the buds were very uniform too. 

Last thoughts on the Cookies Autoflower, these are a pleasure to smoke, I cant say they are an exact copy of GSC, but they are as close as I think your going to get using Ruderalis genetics. The flavour is there and the high is there. I'd grow them again any time. 

Hoping everyone is well and still toking. 

Take it easy all.

GV.

• Like 4

great job

lovely fat buds, with some lovely purple tinges to the cola tops

very detailed smoke report. 

how is the ww xl auto smoking, out of interest.

I grew it a couple of years ago and I liked it, it was lovely, what do you think of yours?

oh and whats next on the menu?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, badbillybob said:

great job

lovely fat buds, with some lovely purple tinges to the cola tops

very detailed smoke report. 

how is the ww xl auto smoking, out of interest.

I grew it a couple of years ago and I liked it, it was lovely, what do you think of yours?

oh and whats next on the menu?

Cheers bud. Yh' these did really fatten up for a GSC strain, I think it was the OG Auto genetics kicking in.

The XXL Auto was pretty much as expected. The buds were like stones, covered in orange pistils, has a typical hybrid high. The only thing I will say is that the classic flavour from White Widdow, that typical old skool skunk taste, isn't really my cup of tea. But god they do get big.

Next up for me mate is HSO all the way.I have a new grow about to start in the room these were in. If the newer Sherbinski strains don't come out in the next week or two I will be doing a DWC grow of clones I have from "The New".

Cheers for popping in mate.

• Like 2

@GreenVision ending his Dinafem X Intense nutrients grow off in style with a kick ass smoke report  :yep:

Another Dinafem diary completed on UK420  ;)

Yay :headbang:

Mark..

• Like 1