GreenVision

Hi all. Better late than never. Been meaning to get round to this but had to wait for the space, so here we go.

The Dinafem x Intense Nutrients grow competition. I chose Dinafem Cookies Autoflowering to grow for the comp as I knew I'd be pressed for time. 

I've placed all 10 seeds into a very light mix of Intense Foundation, the dosage is 5ml / L so I've gone in at 50% and mixed 2.5ml into a litre of warm water to soak the seeds. 

I'll be leaving these to soak for 12 hours at which point they'll go into kitchen roll with the remaining foundation mix to hopefully help them get a good start. 

large.5e1099c058ef2_CookiesAuto.JPG.6f9b

large.5e1099bf2a2fc_CookiesAuto3.JPG.b05

large.5e1099be2f36e_CookiesAuto2.JPG.572

The seeds all looked really well matured and well sized so hopefully I should get some good germination results. 

I bought some of my own Foundation to use in another grow I have going atm, got to say so far its been really good stuff, it wasn't cheap but I'm getting a good vibe from it and I don't mind paying for quality. So I'm really interested to see how it goes on these autos.

Apologies to @Dinafem-Mark and @Intense Nutrients Matt for running a little bit later than planned, hopefully I'll get these done before the deadline. Want to say thanks for letting me take part, very generous of you both, been looking forward to this one.

I'll be back soon with an update.  :yep:

Take it easy guys.

GV.

• Like 10

Hi GV,

I'm in right at the start of this one, so far so good, no accidents...............yet....:wassnnme:  :rofl:

Good luck buddy, I'll be interested to see if the root stim makes a difference...:yep:

atb

stu

• Like 4

Hi gv thanks for starting your diary bro 

Cant wait to see what you can do with the nutes and seeds 

All the best with the grow mate will keep popping in and checking it out 

All the best 

Matt :skin_up:

• Like 4

@stu914 Hi ya mate, yh' nothing damaged as of yet, but it's early days, still got at least 9 weeks to hurt me or my equipment lol 

Cheers for popping in bud.

• Like 3

@Intense Nutrients Matt  Thanks for popping mate, as I said I've actually been using the Foundation I bought on-line over on my multi strain grow as well as this one, seems to be working well.

Thanks for reading through dude. Will update regular.

Nice one.

GV.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

I'm in right at the start of this one, so far so good

Hi GV best of luck not that you need it. Stu where is this diary with all your new gear firing up? Don't be keeping secret. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

best of luck not that you need it

Thanks mate. Should be an interesting grow, has my full attention now so hoping for some good results. 

Thanks for popping in matey. :yep:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

where is this diary

Sorry bud I don't do diaries or photos though there are times when I'd like to, I'm not worried about security,

just very old and lazy can't be arsed to learn how...:rofl:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

just very old and lazy can't be arsed to learn how...:rofl:

No worries mate was just playing around. Hope the new set up is all going well. Greenvision do you know what lighting you are going to use on these ladies? Going to follow along on this one again as I am sure I will pick up some good tips. 

• Like 3

@ROCKSTEADY6 As of right now mate I've not made up me mind. Likely a mix of hps with cmh, buy I do have a pair of LED as an extra bit if the crop wants it.

• Like 4

10 hours in a light Foundation mix to soak, 30 hours in paper towel sprayed with the same Foundation mix and I have 10 perfectly healthy seedlings.

large.5e132952cd4d6_CookiesAuto.JPG.0edc

large.5e132951b0da4_CookiesAuto2.JPG.35c

I put the rest of the Foundation mix (2.5ml per litre) into my spray bottle and as usual just gave the seedlings a very light spray every few hours. They were kept in the dark at about 23C with a high humidity to avoid drying out.

All the tap roots are nice and thick so fingers crossed a week from now I should have ten nice healthy autos on the way. Going to get the spare room ready for these tomorrow. :yep:

Take it easy all.

GV.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, GreenVision said:

10 hours in a light Foundation mix to soak, 30 hours in paper towel sprayed with the same Foundation mix and I have 10 perfectly healthy seedlings.

large.5e132952cd4d6_CookiesAuto.JPG.0edc

large.5e132951b0da4_CookiesAuto2.JPG.35c

I put the rest of the Foundation mix (2.5ml per litre) into my spray bottle and as usual just gave the seedlings a very light spray every few hours. They were kept in the dark at about 23C with a high humidity to avoid drying out.

All the tap roots are nice and thick so fingers crossed a week from now I should have ten nice healthy autos on the way. Going to get the spare room ready for these tomorrow. :yep:

Take it easy all.

GV.

And we have lift off  ;)

Thanks for getting your Dinafem X Intense nutrients grow diary up and running mate :yep:

You look to be off to a nice steady start. Lets see what you can do  ;)

Happy New year to mate :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 4

Another 24 hours, another spray with a light Foundation mix, and we're ready to go.

large.DSC_0015.JPG.8a0c2e9514371ed284df0

Got round to setting up today, put up the spare room tent up so these have a new home all of their own.

Got myself all ready for the pot up. It's quite the job with 10 autos. 120L of soil all in one go.

large.DSC_0001.JPG.80dba291dddf4d9d35e15

large.DSC_0003.JPG.bf89c5e7c131e90cb5151

So a little bit about the kit I'm using. Extraction system is running at just under 1000 m3/ph. I have a 600w MH, two 315w CMH, and for an extra bit of light I've put two 300w ViparSpectra LED panels in there in case I feel I need them later on in bloom.

large.DSC_0004.JPG.3bdb90483c6a4144d3647

large.DSC_0005.JPG.148e9432c5a458d5452c8

large.DSC_0006.JPG.4cc8a3ce1af571e2a3685

large.DSC_0007.JPG.952d32a55886ba0b0fc3d

large.DSC_0008.JPG.0d1f2781c053f98dbad11

I'm using 12 litre pots for these. First off I lined the bottom of the pots with about half an inch of clay pebbles.

large.DSC_0021.JPG.d71b14826742d57c8461b

I just feel with the larger pots it helps a little, keeps the soil off the ground a bit more.

As soon as I was ready to go I grabbed the Intense OG.

large.DSC_0016.JPG.a6319e941c4b63397857e

Now I got to be honest, I don't really use this kinda stuff too much, I'm switching to hydro totally this year so I don't use soil very often these days anyway, and I was even more baffed about what to do with autos.

I decided I'd put a sprinkle down about 5-6 inches from the top of the soil, and another about 2-3 inches from the top of the soil. I think the regular thing to do is have a sprinkle every time you pot up, but seeing as I'm going with autos this is my potting up. I didn't think a third layer was worth it as the water I give them over the next week or two will likely wash it away. So as I say I went with two layers, hoping this will give the roots something to work with.

About this much per layer.

large.DSC_0017.JPG.ae50172106866475aebb4

large.DSC_0019.JPG.355d4baa0d9f0ba8aca91

Have no idea if this is right, but it looked OK, so two tears in a bucket... 

Seedlings were just about perfect to hit the soil.

large.C.U.jpg.1bc799fb61068a3db5f0d4800d

So now they're all in their own home. All comfy. I have 5 pots under each of the two CMH for now, I don't see much point for the time being of running an extra 600w MH when I don't even have a leaf yet. I'll adjust the light as I go and keep rotating them for now to get plenty of light while they open up.

large.DSC_0040.JPG.c99d214a8cefff3c915d8

large.DSC_0041.JPG.cd0bf7df4073511da5004

large.DSC_0042.JPG.5b3c288b91246bf910119

And I'm off. Got a feeling this'll be a great grow for me, well into the Genetics, the Nutrients seem to be really nice and are starting to get some good reviews, everything was cleaned to the max, sprayed the tent and pot tops with a pre-treatment to keep bugs out. Let the good times roll. :yep:

Take it easy all.

GV.

• Like 12

Went and had another peek this afternoon, all 10 seedlings have shed their shells and are looking very healthy. Gave them a quick spray with the same light Foundation mix to help keep them moist, saves adding too much water to the soil at this stage.

I'm watering the soil with a syringe so I can keep better control of how much water goes down, atm its just plain water until they get a few leaves. 

I've always liked this stage of growing, the young seedlings changing from seed to an actual green plant never stops amazing me.

large.2.jpg.e3cd28f7fc10b4f0691378162c19

large.3.jpg.3b8f2e7f8316d93fddfce8ed4061

Height wise I'm sure they're going to do OK, so far no signs they're going to stretch, as much as I love LED lighting you have to respect the CMH, is a great grow light.

Will leave these for a few days now, let them all find their feet. They're on 18/6 lighting schedule atm, and this is likely where they'll stay. I know most like to go higher with autos but I've always found it unnatural even for autos, I like to give them a night period even if it is only 6 hours.

Hope everyone's doing well. 

ATB.

GV.  

• Like 11