1st ever diary. Original Amnesia

Dan t

Hey @Dan t ,

I'm a bit late to the party, but it looks like things are coming on nicely for you, with some good looking roots going on :skin_up:

You wont be disappointed with any Dinfem genetics my friend, and you've picked a good stable strong strain to start your grow adventures :smoke:

I am curious why you are mixing coco with perlite though? Perhaps I have misunderstood, as I read 60% coco with 40% perlite? Coco is a very airiated medium, so adding perlite may increase your chances of drying out & wont gain you much I wouldn't have thought?

I use a coco mix (Tropic Batmix) & I get some lovely roots & results :hippy:

Either way my friend, you are off to a healthy start :yep:

I hope you can stealth up enough to be able to disguise your grow when you have unwanted nosey guests over :pitchfork:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AKPOG said:

Hey @Dan t ,

I'm a bit late to the party, but it looks like things are coming on nicely for you, with some good looking roots going on :skin_up:

You wont be disappointed with any Dinfem genetics my friend, and you've picked a good stable strong strain to start your grow adventures :smoke:

I am curious why you are mixing coco with perlite though? Perhaps I have misunderstood, as I read 60% coco with 40% perlite? Coco is a very airiated medium, so adding perlite may increase your chances of drying out & wont gain you much I wouldn't have thought?

I use a coco mix (Tropic Batmix) & I get some lovely roots & results :hippy:

Either way my friend, you are off to a healthy start :yep:

I hope you can stealth up enough to be able to disguise your grow when you have unwanted nosey guests over :pitchfork:

Hi @AKPOG. Yep Dinafem have never let me down. Started growing about 8 years ago and not had a dud off them yet. 100% germ rate so far. I dont think ive had any issues with them tbh. 

You did read that rite mate. 60/40 coco perlite. Very airy. Only real issue with drying up is when they in smaller pots near repot time. I Just make sure Im on it. Once in bigger 18l pots no probs. I get hardly any compaction of mediem. No chance at all of overwatering. Can fertigate multiple times a day if I wanted or leave it to go through a wet/dryish cycle. I just feel I have a more control this way.  Also I like to leach out the coco at the start of flush and as  liquids go through nice n easy its less hassle. But I'm no expert, it's just what works for me. I'm always open to advice and constructive critism. 

The girls are gonna be moved in to mates place soon, so no need for stealth now. Hopefully all visits will be done before its to late to bring em home. Im gonna have a look at that tropicbatmix. Nice one

Edited by Dan t
  • Like 3

I just had little read up on the Tropic Batmix @AKPOG. Never used any coco with feed  already in it myself. I just pre treat the plane canna coco with calmag. I read that you use shogan samuri with it. I went from dutch pro to the shogan stuff on my last grow. So I might just give it a go. Looks like it would save a few pennys on nutes too. 

• Like 3

On 19/01/2020 at 0:18 AM, Dan t said:

large.20200118_225035_compress6.jpglarge.20200118_230453_compress54.jpg

That pot up was needed mate  ;)

They are going to love that extra bit of medium to spread those roots out  :yep:

Looking good in here  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

That pot up was needed mate  ;)

They are going to love that extra bit of medium to spread those roots out  :yep:

Looking good in here  :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

Hi Mark. Cheers. I was thinking they might be a little stressed from gettin a bit dry in the seed trays. Wasn't to sure to weather to let em recover for a bit before pottin on. Went for it anyway. Roots were a bit off colour but above the coco all looks ok for now. I think at worse its slowed em down for a few days. 

• Like 3

Hi all.   17 days since the 1st Ammo popped through the coco.  The 3 on the right are ammo, they seem a little behind the French Macaroon and PE#2. They all have had 2 feeds at 1/4 strenth. 

Am I correct in thinking the Ammo girls are behind because they are heavier feeders so need a bit more to keep up?large.20200122_151819_compress59.jpg

• Like 4

The little dryout and repot did'nt seem to stress them like I thought It would. It's the 1st time I've grown these strains so I can't compare, but I think they've came on ok in the last couple of days. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dan t said:

Am I correct in thinking the Ammo girls are behind because they are heavier feeders so need a bit more to keep up?

No. Plants grow at different rates dude, unless all cloned from the same plant. Even then environmental factors can cause different expressions to show. 

large.IMG_20200117_105102_compress73.jpg

All planted at the same time. 

1 minute ago, FatBoy77 said:

No. Plants grow at different rates dude, unless all cloned from the same plant. Even then environmental factors can cause different expressions to show. 

large.IMG_20200117_105102_compress73.jpg

All planted at the same time. 

Good point. Makes sense as they don't look hungry. I think I was expecting them to be the faster ones off the blocks. They sprouted taps fast 1st. But like you say different plants different growth rates. Cheers

• Like 1

Thinking about enviroment now. I keep a wet towel on the rad but still my humidity is on the low side latley. 43-47% temps 24c lights on 22c off. Maybe if I could up them both the enviroment might suit the Ammo girls a bit more. Im not clued up on where strains originate or the ideal conditions each one would prefere. Was just an idea

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan t said:

Thinking about enviroment now. I keep a wet towel on the rad but still my humidity is on the low side latley. 43-47% temps 24c lights on 22c off. Maybe if I could up them both the enviroment might suit the Ammo girls a bit more. Im not clued up on where strains originate or the ideal conditions each one would prefere. Was just an idea

They look perfectly healthy to me mate, I wouldn't stress unless they show signs of stress, which they don't to me. I only concern myself with high humidity when I'm rooting cuttings :bong:

• Like 3

Also, they are all on the same nodes, so the difference is highly likely to be that the Amnesia is a sativa leaning strain and the other two I'm guessing are indicas, which are usually have much bigger leaves :yep:

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AKPOG said:

Also, they are all on the same nodes, so the difference is highly likely to be that the Amnesia is a sativa leaning strain and the other two I'm guessing are indicas, which are usually have much bigger leaves :yep:

Cheers @AKPOG  I'll just carry on as normal then. People often say to me if aint broke don't fix it lol. 

• Like 2

Hi all. 20 days now. The the little girls(except the PE#2 bottom left)have gone a shade lighter. I'm going to up the feed slightly for the 3 Ammo . The French Macaroon top left will be given half strenth as it looks the most faded. What do yo guys reckon? large.20200125_214126_compress21.jpg

• Like 4

On 25/01/2020 at 10:24 PM, Dan t said:

Hi all. 20 days now. The the little girls(except the PE#2 bottom left)have gone a shade lighter. I'm going to up the feed slightly for the 3 Ammo . The French Macaroon top left will be given half strenth as it looks the most faded. What do yo guys reckon? large.20200125_214126_compress21.jpg

I don't know if I would knock feed back mate, you got any idea what your e.c/ppm readings are?

Going in and run-off  ;)

Also, do you have plans for another pot up? It's going to be needed in the next 10-14 imo :)

Not looking to bad at all :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1