Billys watery wonderland- The Sweetest edition.....so far!

badbillybob

37 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

Hi ya mate. Hydro plants are looking spot on, nice and healthy. Starting to show that fast veg you get in DWC. 

What's going on with those seedling mate lol What you feeding them? They look really rough. Looks like they need a really nice flush of clean water, the slow growth etc looks like the colds getting into the coco mate, you can get away with 18C roots in DWC but in coco some strains will kick you right in the arse if you get those roots below 20C avg. 

I've had worse though mate, sure you could pull them back to full health with a bit of TLC. 

Looking forward to your grow though mate, not many other RDWC heads on UK420. :yep:

The temps should be fine, its 28 in the room so roots should be warm enough mate.

I think its some dodgy root it cubes, or the cheap coco itself.  the coco is needing binned, its been used 4 or 5 times already. I think im just gonna dump it all in my garden

im going to plan B anyway, which is a soil with some perlite in it, mix. im gonna transplant the lot tomorrow.  fuckitt cant go wrong with soil. bit of water some epsoms and a splash of tomo feed, will be golden. 

Cue 10 billion fungus twat gnats all over the room ha ha

• Like 7

@badbillybob - mate get yourself a proper dry brick of organic coco coir (yer I know don't jump on the organic with me pahhaah) - but honestly something like Ugro Coco brick for a tenner I think it is - Fantastic coir. Water and feed with nutes exactly the same as your hydro schedule once a day and it will be booming. Don't bother with perlite either. all rises to the top and is clay and not reusable. Rice hulls is a nice alternative and decomposes into humus... Cheap as chips from a brewery store... Just my 2p as I know you can grow in coco and turn your opinion around :P 

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 4

Yeah i can actually grow in coco, normally, I did it for a few years before going full hydro.

A mate uses the ugro coco and rates it highly too, but im going back to my roots.

But im gonna put these little runts in soil, because ive already bought some today for my other breeding projects.

I havnt used soil for years, but used to do ok with it. Soil is nice and easy and I don't need these to be particularly big, just a bit bigger than they are lol.

The fact that soil doesn't need as much watering etc as coco isn't the reason, honest                                                                                                                                                                    

These are gonna be breeding stock. there is 2 black DOGs and a couple of sunshine daydream, im really hoping for some males. 

• Like 7

@badbillybob- Funny how it goes full circle sometimes eh haha I know mate I am sure you can grow beasts in coco as well.. I only jumped in as I saw you struggling and getting frustrated with it a bit on a couple of diairies (think your HSO CMOG one) - I like all kinds of growing and they all have there pros and cons.. Whatever works best for the individual at the end of the day. Breeding projects sounds great.. Best of luck with it Dude :yep:

• Like 5

15 hours ago, badbillybob said:

hope that Exhale can perform some sort of remote viewing miracle on them ha ha.

The Power of Miracle performing is in us all Brother! 

• Like 6

Cooooeeeee, as my old dear would say....im back with a Sunday aftermorningnoon update for you. 

the girls are looking great, I have to say, they are starting to motor on now. 

Here, have a look... first pic is the bj's, 2nd is the 2 cream caramels and "the beast" SAD. Im convinced the SAD is a beast , because I only did one of them and 2 of the others. Its called sods law.large_100.JPGlarge_101.JPG

he sweet Afghan delicious certainly has the Afghani traits, look at those fat assed indica leaves on her, I can almost feel myself melting into the sofa, just looking at them l:smokin:

The res is (over) due a change out. I need to pull finger out an get it done tonight or tomorrow.

Heres the individuals. the blackjack also has some nice fat leaves on her. 

pics go BJ<BJ<CC<CC<SAD, got it?.....me neitherlarge.105bj.JPGlarge.104bj.JPGlarge.103cc.JPGlarge.102cc.JPGlarge_102.JPG

At the minute the SAD is leading the field, but the others are only a furlong behind, hopefully they will catch up by the finishing line.

I will top them again this coming week. A mate of mine (old hydro grower, tree surgeon -part time) used to cut the fans off at the topped site, and used to get lovely bushes, so I think im gonna give this a try. His plants used to be outstanding and I reckon he was as close to a hydro "genius" as ive seen. He was up there with the likes of Heath Robinson etc, and honestly he used to grow buds like baseball bats  had loads of little tricks.

Temps are still a bit too high, but, meh, fuggitt, they are doing ok.

Feeds are still 0.8, ph is 6.1, and res temps are 18.6degrees c. 

They are still producing roots, maybe I should have used some of the roots axcellerator, but im tight, ...............and it costs money.. 

Lavvvleeee, I will be back with more uncontrollable excitement in a few days...…..

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 15

4 hours ago, badbillybob said:

A mate of mine (old hydro grower, tree surgeon -part time) used to cut the fans off at the topped site, and used to get lovely bushes, so I think im gonna give this a try.

Hi BBB, you can just tuck the leaves so the light gets inside and encourages the growth. I usually remove them much later when I clear the undercarriage as the leaves are very important.

Plants are looking great mate!

• Like 3

no mate, its only the top 2 leaves im chopping. The ones directly at the topping site,  this lets the lights into the lower nodes and encourages their growth. Look at the last pic of the SAD beast and you can see how much of the plant isn't getting light. 

I know how important the leaves are mate, that's why you will never see me mainlining or anything like that.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 5

Too late, its done now...…..Let's wait and see....

but I can see the new shoots getting much more light already.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 5

If I've got a lead shoot I'll supercrop and take a few leaves off, slows them down but nothing drastic. The lower shoots usually catch up then too 

Heres a pic or 2 to show the difference chopping the top 2 leaves has made. god , (or exhale lol) knows why I didn't do it before now. 

Im a convert to the ways of the new topping. 

heres the before and after pics starting with the SAD.  Check out all the area for new shoots to come through....superb......

See, I knew I was genius...….., like..... secretly :fart:...

BEFORElarge_102.JPGlarge.100sad.JPG

the blackjacs the same , before and after picslarge.104bj.JPGlarge.100md1.JPG

Plenty of room now for more shoots to come on up.

Looking at these pics, I m definitely gonna have to change the res tonight, cant put it off any longer.....

• Like 13

oh dear, its all going a bit pear shaped. ive got some sort of fungus/algae growing in my res, it doesn't look too good, here, have a look, any ideas what it is? Loooks like algae to me...the pots don't have any so god knows....large_104.JPG

so I decided to change it out. so I emptied as much as I could, which is pretty much everything except he last couple of inches on the bottom, gave it a good old clean out with a sponge, and decided, to add a little bleach to my next mix, to kil the algae hopefully  Bleach is basically H2o2, but includes other chems. ive done this before and they have been fine.

(famous last words).

Anyway before I changed out the res I noticed a few plants looking a bit wilted and lifeless, but went ahead anyway, as you do.

I checked the roots for any signs of slime ot pyth etc, but they are as clean as a whistle.

cream caramel and sad root shotlarge_102.JPGlarge_101.JPG

So the res got filled, I added maybe a half cupful of bleach (total capacity is around 600 litres mind, so probably around 0.25 ml per litre), then added the grow ,1.1 litres a splash of cal mag (  100ml)and a splash of silicone(100ml). 

Water temps were through the floor at 10 degrees, but this cant be helped, its direct from the mains, and im  not boiling 40 odd kettles to warm them up.

They are usually fine with this, and inded today when I went in the water temps are up to 18 degrees

Air temps are steady between 26-29 degrees, which is also where it should be, ..................….but...………...viewers of a nervous disposition -look away now...…..

when I went in this morning to check on the droopers, they seem to have perked up a little, but the leaves on quite a few of them look like shit.

Ive not seen this before. they are crispy with a greyish white patches, here have a look.  large_100.JPG

Any ideas what could have caused this?  Its not just one plant, its almost all of them....

Im thinking maybe too much bleach, its the only thing ive added, but saying that they were wilting before I even changed the res so im not convinced

or  possibly too much feed (they were on 0.8 and are now at 1.2EC now, ph is 5.8- I cant really see it being this)

I keep looking at the mudpluggers and thinking they might have brought in some unwelcome pest guests, but had a good look over the damaged leaves and couldn't see anything, so im a bit stumped.

Answers on a postcard please, they are looking shite today.....help,...…..help...…..

if there is no improvement by tonight im gonna change out the res again and (but not bother with the bleach this time)

im open to suggestions if any of you have seen this before......

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 7

Yep, should never have put a little bleach in the mix, best to wash that sh*t out completely.  

Fresh tank o water time in my mind.

Best of luck ! 

• Like 3